Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

HOW IS THIS REAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i think for most aggressive whiner at the NYT, nothing can ever top jonathan weisman after people started unsubbing over bret stephens' first garbo climate change denial column therein

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/858427028797886466

What a dumb poo poo this guy is. "It's all an opinion, maaaaaaan." gently caress off.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

this is the right wing's whole thing, equating things that can only be equated on a level so abstract that it turns into "doing one thing vs doing other thing" without any context at all
it can't even be called shallow because shallowness implies you've at least entered the body of water while these guys just float above it

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

LOL
in a couple of months they'll be welcoming alex jones to their op-ed page

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

LOL

https://twitter.com/MPAVictoria/status/699067294022897664

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Nebakenezzer posted:

How Progressives Win the Culture War
[David Brooks]

Yet I have to admit that something bigger is going on. It could be that progressives understood something I didn’t.

:circlefap:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

since when has likud cared about potentially looking bad

why would they care when they have the "papers of record" caping for them

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

LOL they still have "democracy dies in darkness" slapped onto their header
it sounds like the tagline of an oscar bait movie (or one of those "ben franklin hops into a time machine to teach folks about the constitution" movies)

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

a story defending israel under the heading "democracy dies in darkness" is pure gold

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

how the gently caress do you say "I haven't seen people want a candidate this much since fall of 2008" and not have the gears start turning?

because she was among those people in 2008 so it must've been REAL, whereas she doesn't like Bernie so it must be some kind of Kool-Aid

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

but....diplomacy didn't "break down"? it was broken? by the USA?
lol this is the thing adam johnson keeps bitching about on his TL, they shape their language in a way that always makes it look like poo poo just happens by itself.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"That doesn’t change that reporters can’t write more than they know"

lol since when

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

every post he makes proves that obama joke about him quitting journalism and going to work for CNN

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

SgtMongoose posted:

Lol. I agree, the outsider needs to repress their own culture and assimilate to the dominate local culture and just speak English Spanish. I'm progressive!

this isn't the hot takes thread

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

if only someone could hack the WaPo site and put the 14 words slogan instead of "Democracy dies in darkness" on that particular article

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

*chef kissing fingers*

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

LOL, no "racially charged tweets" or "heated gaming moments" for her, but if she was Lord Bumblefuck Childdespoiler they'd be tugging their forelocks

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Andrew Sullivan couldn't get citizenship for years because of gay panic since he's HIV+ lmao

the second we let him through the cracks he turned around and started skull measuring and panicking about demographic threats

drop dead you loving oval office, build the wall to keep out limeys imo

he also got charges for drug possession dropped so they wouldn't gently caress up his immigration status, privilege.txt
cops must've found some calipers in his pockets in addition to weed and the judge decided to let a fellow skull size enthusiast skate

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it's really great how every times pick is centristville while the user picks are either chud city or commieburg

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

A course on humility where he assigned his own columns

peak centrist

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

these people want the sharia standard of 4 witnesses except they don't have to be exclusively male

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

habes's tweet is still there but the other dipshit was like how DARE you imply that i am just reprinting bullshit that the white house feeds me knowing ill print it without asking questions

the human centipede school of journalism

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Hitt/status/1054163953113124864

LOL what a complete poo poo

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

was she always like this or did 2016 break her mind? pre-2016 she seemed like just a popular lib talking head.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

cue matt christman's rendition of "the news"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

guess the publication

here's a hint: it's in the news section, not the opinion section

federalist?

edit: lol it's WaPo, I can't access the article but even the quoted part is nuts

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

a noun a verb and 9/11

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"bright as hell", as in "painfully harmful for human eyes to behold"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

“Don’t characterize the strength that I bring” wtf does that mean

it sounds like the lyrics of a metalcore song

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

first republican debate, some shmuck interrupts trump in the middle of a rant: "Respectfully, Mister President, that is not true. The Politico fact-checker gave that statement of yours four Pinocchios!"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

scanners_head_bursting.gif

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

from the antifa death squads

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the gray she-wolf

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Goon Danton posted:

Seriously. $0.51 per word? Sign me the gently caress up.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

for cillizza it would be perverted to kiss their feet

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

its run by popehat

so yes, a libshit

Platystemon posted:

Milkshake duck me on the dog rating guy.

he changes dogs' names from ethnic-sounding ones to average american ones

Platystemon posted:

Police dogs

victims, no joke
I read an article once about how their "training" is basically inflicting ptsd on them until they're hosed up enough to be useful to cops, and how they have huge problems with getting re-socialized once they're out of the department
don't know how true it is, though, I don't have the time or the will to vet every single article I read

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

from the comments:
There is no question that despite the costs and many mistakes made, America has been a force for good in the world, and that the world is a better place that is mostly more welcoming to travelling Americans and business as a result.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

traditional virginian face-paint

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

howard schultz will insure that every single child has an abusive parent whose physical beatings will drive them to success, just like it did for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

every ship sinks eventually, he just streamlined the process

Doktor Avalanche has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Feb 10, 2019