Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

A console-style RPG featuring a colorful cast of characters, unique battle and level-up systems, quick 2D platforming action, and an original, fantastical story about friendship, faith, and finding your place in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Looper posted:

Anyone gotten anything cool in the steam sale besides oddium's dad?

i got angels with scaly wings from gift train

and heart's medicine in the same ride

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Which one is this anyway? I haven't played a Koei Strategy game since Rot3K 9, which I really enjoyed. No idea which ones are good or bad or even available in English these days.
E: Oh probably Nobunaga's Ambition SoI I'm assuming.

Yes I'm the weirdo that preferred the mostly hands-off real-time battles over the classic turn based ones.

it's the standalone expansion for sphere of influence, ascension. i had a lot of fun conquering the area of japan i lived in, and then slowly covering my back by taking over the northern region. then ujimasa hojo died (the scripted event) and shingen takeda and i divided his land up because his son is an idiot, and after that i just took over japan :v:

taking on the oda was scary, though, because i advanced too hard against him while cleaning up uesugi and he kept wiping out my armies i was sending to take on kenshin's last stronghold... on the other hand, it did keep his northern armies from reinforcing while i advanced from the south.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In honor of this month post your favorite Roman games.

Like Ryse or Shadow of Rome

final fantasy 15

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Real hurthling! posted:

Re: ffxv
Is there badly formed latin in the japanese version or it it just a localization thing for us westerners

it's trash latin all the way down in every language

regis, means king

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Raxivace posted:

Of the recent Scotts that I've seen The Martian is the only one that really bothered me. It's just so visually bland looking, despite being set on fuckin' Mars.

How do you make Mars look so boring?

well... it's mars

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

kirby 64 is my favorite non-dream course kirby. if you combine elec and frost he turns into a dang fridge !! haha

kirby 64 is the one kirby game i always wanted to play but never did

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The only Kirby I've played is Super Star and I don't think I "got" it. The main platforming game was like five levels and the rest of the stuff on the cartridge was weird minigames?

after you beat that one platforming game, it opens up a different one that's slightly more complex, and so on and so forth until you eventually fight karl marx

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

To be fair, most fighting games are pretty bad.

Just not for the reasons that people who universally dislike fighting games think.

i universally dislike fighting games because i'm universally bad at them. so i'm unable to form any opinion on them beyond "i can't beat the first stage of street fighter on the tamest AI setting"

check your unbad at fighting games privilege

e: i lie, there was one, and only one, fighting game i wasn't bad at. REVENGERS OF VENGEANCE was right on my level because the ultimate attack for every character was away > forward > punch and the only thing that could block/nullify it was the opponent hitting your afp with theirs

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 4, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snak posted:

This poo poo is hardcore. I forgot how much they relaxed off the stealth for Big Boss, eho can just beat the poo poo out of everyone all the time.

yeah, mgs was all about not being seen, and then unnecessarily difficult boss fights (throw a grenade into a tank from overhead camera :suicide:). i guess you can sneak up behind guys and snap their necks, but there was no cqc.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
actually now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure i know what stairwell you're talking about, and you get a codec call right below it like "yo snake there's a ton of cameras in that tower and there's nowhere to hide from them, you better bust out some chaff grenades"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

McSpanky posted:

This didn't get near enough love.

i think the first one is pretty cool, i could see some rich fucker actually building that as a joke to satellite photographers, but the rest were like :confused:

al-azad posted:

Kirby is the character Nintendo uses for good prototypes they can't develop with any other character. Yoshi is the character Nintendo uses for prototypes too underdeveloped for Kirby.

tetris attack is not a prototype blasphemer

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

Well actually. I sold my 3DS to get a N3DS

i didn't, but i did hand-me-down my 3ds to my sister when i got a n3ds

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i still have my gba-sp with the battle scars from the time a crt monitor fell on it. it adds character, and tells a story

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

is that from crusader kings 2, evil genius 2, or the telltale game of thrones. hard to follow sometimes

actually it's one of those pokemon they design to look mostly human

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if the china thread is anything to go by, not only are those anecdotes not dubious and in fact entirely believable, but they are also representative of a much larger statistic of similar, if not identical, cases

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

hello please give me something to draw

a pokemon trainer blowing weed smoke at rockruff's face like how people blow weed smoke at their dogs irl

idk rockruff is just the first one that came to mind, any pokemon based on a domesticated dog would be fine. i'd share my weed w stoutland

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 5, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I would say that something changed after the tree branch fell on his head, but then I remembered his 2 hour long DSP video was before that

what

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

:psyduck:

i'm probably too high to make sense of these videos. can you give me, like, a summary? deep down you know you want to type all those paragraphs out :v:

v oh ok cool thanks

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 9, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Basically if you aren't willing to sacrifice one single Chloe you are literally history's greatest monster. :colbert:

as someone who's had way too many friends spill drinks with hendrix in the sky, i would happily be history's greatest monster for just one of them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm starting XCOM 2 again, who wants into my army?

make me the :420: one

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

Are there any essential Stardew Valley mods? We own it on PS4 and PC both and I'm not sure which one to play it on.

the one that turns your horse into a centaur of abigail

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

azure horizon alt spotted

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Did a few quick and dirty XCOM boys before bed.

i realize games will not be able to render good wild hair in our lifetimes so i'll take it :)

also lol @ nederland

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
man idk i just couldn't get into ff12's bestiary entries. i read a couple but they just aren't for me, and maybe that's why i don't like it. it's a game made for the kind of person who's all about that poo poo, and i'm just not

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i mean at least grey goo has some mainstream recognition as a failed doomsday end state for self-sustaining nanomachines, thanks to b-movies

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

and then you fight the Vortex Queen and use your echolocation to shoot her jaw off multiple times until she dies and your pod and other sea life are all restored to the sea.

my worst/most major ecco the dolphin memory is this:

when i played ecco the dolphin, i used a game genie code to get infinite health because i was as bad at games then as i am now. the vortex queen has this instant death attack that she can do where she creates a vacuum current that pulls you towards her mouth. you can easily avoid it by using c swim speed, but she also uses it in the phase where you have to use your dash attack to hit her jaw, so it's kind of a dance that you can screw up if you get caught off-guard. if you get caught, the game handles it such that it just damages you until you die.

ecco also makes this sega genesis-ey dolphin scream when you take damage. also also, hitting the vortex queen at the very end of the fight when she's helpless calls a screen-wide effect that turns everything but ecco bright red (ecco turns black so you can still tell where you are) and getting eaten during the vacuum attack calls this same effect.

but if you're invincible, you enter into an infinite loop of ecco screaming as he takes damage and the screen turning red and it doesn't stop

and now for your viewing pleasure, this is someone else's video of this glitch, except it doesn't continually do damage because ????:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBKvu8eSvX8

i was like seven

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 15, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

Ecco the Dolphin was cool as hell but I was scared to play it as a kid because the idea of the open ocean frightened me. Ironically I was scared of drowning in the ocean more than the aliens.

i mean it didn't help that every stage had a really creepy and ominous description. like the stage (that's straight up called) "open ocean" says something like "the open ocean is cold, dark, and unforgiving. there are many tiger sharks and an unprepared traveler will face certain death"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

Actually the boss will be college

the boss is an uncanny valley photorealistic heartless tim the tool man taylor

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

What's a good video game for me to play ??

angels with scaly wings.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

What were people's First Video Game?

amagon on the regular nintendo

in retrospect this explains a lot

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Do salarymen in Japan even have time to shower after coming home from drinking with their bosses at one in the morning?

absolutely. the grossest thing you can do is go to bed without showering

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

I think rooster teeth is like a media studio of a bunch of random stuff but again, I know nothing. I recognize the name from watching Halo machinimas on YouTube in 2006

yeah i'm always slightly shocked to learn that rooster teeth has grown to be much more than just halo mans soap opera

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

t h i c.

:eyepop:

my favorite fighting game is, smash brothers, all items, favorite character, random stage, 5 lives, when you die (or win) you gotta spark that herb during your on-platform invincibility period and hold it in as long as you can

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this but irl

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

it's an honest-to-god racing game world, they just take your basic racer clone and then add a bit of destruction derby to it to make it appropriately kh dark

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I smoked too much weed this weekend and my brain is still recovering. I want to play a game of some kind but I'm definitely not at full capacity, what's a good one for me right now?

final fantasy 6

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey White Dragon, you should see if you can get your dragon game represented in that indie game battle thing :v:

Not trying to make fun of you or anything, sorry if it comes off that way, I just think it'd be neat to see what they do

idk man they seem a little sketch, two years in early access...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Red Bones posted:

I always thought the market for Funko pops was people buying them for other people, like when you're obliged to buy someone a birthday gift but the only thing you know they're really passionate about is Mass Effect, so you buy them a little Shepard figurine.

i mean at that point get them like an art book or something from etsy, it'll cost you less and it'll look less out of place among better-designed memorabilia

Wamdoodle posted:

If you don't have your retired dakimura cover framed up in a corner of your office then I don't know what the heck to tell you.

my friend actually bought me an adult dakimakura from comiket once. fucker. otoh i would totally frame it :v:

it's my karma for getting one of our other buddies a love pillow of a gundam in a sexy pose. balance in all things

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Basically just mixing together powers to make something new. Anyone have any recommendations for games that use this concept? New or old, I don't mind.

final fantasy crystal chronicles is kind of combination attacks, but you need to bring friends, and that requires 2+ gbas.

fire + fire = fira
fire + fire + fire = firaga
fire + fire + fire + fire = firaga +1 (like firaga except does 25% more damage)

same for ice and thunder

cure + cure = curaga (full screen full cure)
cure + ice = protect (weird timing)
cure + thunder = shell (weird timing)
cure + fire = haste (really really weird timing)

life + life = lifa

life + fire/ice/thunder = holy

special attack + fire/ice/thunder = fireblade / iceblade / thunderblade

i think there's like slow and poison and a couple other ones, too. it's really fun to make it happen!

• Locked thread