Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Building an aircraft, I can get. America's a big land and you have to do a lot of scouting.

Now, an aircraft with a machine gun equipped? What's out there that needs shooting this badly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Building an aircraft, I can get. America's a big land and you have to do a lot of scouting.

Now, an aircraft with a machine gun equipped? What's out there that needs shooting this badly?

Wild boars.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

my dude it's america, of course they're strapping guns to poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Snoopy gotta fight the Red Baron.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

real answer might be wolves, or getting bears to gently caress off

america has some really intense wildlife

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

How else would a Tsukasaless civilization make croc hamburgers?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that gun's not doing poo poo to a crocodile

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Patware posted:

america has some really intense wildlife

Yeah, it's full of americans!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Thousands of buffalo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SKULL.GIF posted:

There wasn't actually a gun attached, the pilot was just shooting out the window with their machine gun.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Also if Japan's got lion broken out from zoos, we've got safari parks and poo poo. There would definitely be a bunch of lions out there, eating buffalo and deer and wild pigs and cattle. Not to mention the native alligators, crocodiles, coyotes, wolves, bears, mountain lions and so on.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
30 to 50 thousand feral hogs.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ZiegeDame posted:

30 to 50 thousand feral hogs.

The resurgent bear population would have a field day.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mr. Fowl posted:

Also if Japan's got lion broken out from zoos, we've got safari parks and poo poo. There would definitely be a bunch of lions out there, eating buffalo and deer and wild pigs and cattle. Not to mention the native alligators, crocodiles, coyotes, wolves, bears, mountain lions and so on.

Oklahoma has swarms of tigers from Joe Exotic's zoo.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Sometime during the 3,700 years since humanity got petrified, geese have become the apex predator of Canada. :v:

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

amigolupus posted:

Sometime during the 3,700 years since humanity got petrified, geese have become the apex predator of Canada. :v:

I guess you could say that was PREDICTABOO.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

amigolupus posted:

You mean they're not already?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chapter 151!

Dr. Xeno is going to be an amazing antagonist.

And it looks like our suspicions about Samus were correct.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Devoting all those limited resources to building an interrogation device is a very worrying sign, considering by their reaction nobody else was around. It implies they had a Tsukasa-esque plan to integrate only "the right sorts" of revived humans into their new society.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I'd be disappointed if this is anything else but a bluff since polygraphs are certified bullshit for detecting lies.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I was a couple weeks behind on WSJ series and just caught up on a bunch of em so I'd just like to say I absolutely love these new guys and I cannot wait to see how Senku and Dr. Xeno interact once they inevitably become BFFs who can talk science with each other.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1264593816100560898

Lurking Haro posted:

I'd be disappointed if this is anything else but a bluff since polygraphs are certified bullshit for detecting lies.

It's probably to make them sweat.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Devoting all those limited resources to building an interrogation device is a very worrying sign, considering by their reaction nobody else was around. It implies they had a Tsukasa-esque plan to integrate only "the right sorts" of revived humans into their new society.

Check out the entrance gate, too. These locks aren't built to keep people out.

There's a notable absence of people despite that settlement being fairly large, and as you pointed out, a lot of resources poured into it. Either it's highly mechanized (possible, but I don't know if it's probable) or the extra people are off doing something.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

there goes my thought that the machine gun was also kind of a bluff

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I suppose they also could have done the Senku thing where they built the polygraph on the fly after they first intercepted the KoS's radio transmissions as they were arriving, but still the alternative reasons are... alarming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY5KhdXsUQ&t=131s

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

reading probably too deeply but:

from how patchwork the castle-factory looks and how the fishing boat looks extremely basic while the tractor is Exactly A Tractor, it looks like they do a lot of salvaging, so it's not totally clear what their actual tech level is

they're also probably in complete control of the area - someone already mentioned the door locks clearly keeping people in rather than out, but there doesn't seem to be any defensive architecture at all

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Dr Taiju is in the house!

I do wish the translator would stop with Gen's piglatin speech. It's a little annoying to read.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That’s in the original though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Well Gen needs to stop :mad:

How does the pig latin look in the original?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
He changes the syllables around. So paisen instead of senpai, that kind of thing.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Still in the early stages of this arc so this could really go anywhere at this point. I can't tell if these new characters will be set up as antagonists since we can't really tell what their motivations are aside from survival and perhaps science.

Vengarr posted:

He changes the syllables around. So paisen instead of senpai, that kind of thing.

That's a pretty good way of conveying that, actually.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

[Dark Science] to set up a world order of scientific feudalism

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Vengarr posted:

Then the piglatin is an excellent translation choice.

It's just...I don't like it and I don't understand why Gen does it? It doesn't really add anything to his character...other than that he is a little playful

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

It's just...I don't like it and I don't understand why Gen does it? It doesn't really add anything to his character...other than that he is a little playful

The pattern thing makes him sound like a high school girl.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Darth TNT posted:

your first mistake was thinking you think you could ever understand a mentalist

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Darth TNT posted:

Deliberately annoying people so they aren't thinking rationally when dealing with you?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chapter 152 is here!

I really can't wait for Senku vs. Xeno to take off in earnest.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ryusui in that last page is in very real danger of dying from joy

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I love these chapters that end with spreads of Senku's next big projects.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The evil Kingdom of science has no idea who they're dealing with here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1267130504618233859