Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
RIP thrower lady, the thing you threw stopped working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Just wait until the people of Corn City have to settle a major dispute with a high-stakes game of Baseball.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

Just wait until the people of Corn City have to settle a major dispute with a high-stakes game of Baseball.

It's the future. Blernsball.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wonder if there's even going to have a big conflict with Xeno's people because honestly the doctor himself seems to be pretty close to chill out with Senku and company? When they return to North America he'll probably be at the point he'd just tell Stanley and the others that he's willing to cooperate.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

I wonder if there's even going to have a big conflict with Xeno's people because honestly the doctor himself seems to be pretty close to chill out with Senku and company? When they return to North America he'll probably be at the point he'd just tell Stanley and the others that he's willing to cooperate.

The entire conflict would have been avoidable had Xeno and Stanley not insisted on throwing their weight around. If they hadn't decided to play target practice at the literal first opportunity, Senku probably would have just given them the formula and said "oh yeah, we've identified the source of petrification is on the moon so we need a space rocket, start ginning up gallons of nital etch to revive your people and stockpile as as a trade good and we'll get back to you with aluminum and rubber and poo poo later."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It seems to me like Xeno would hardly be too keen on mass revival even if he could figure it out. The more people out there running around, the harder it is to maintain centralized control like he wants.

I would imagine he'd pull a Tsukasa and seek to revive very specific targets in order to expand his personal control.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eeepies posted:

Their enemy is now Stanley chasing them constantly, and they brought all the best characters. Especially Suika and Kaseki. And especially leaving Ginrou behind, was getting sick of his antics.

Dr.Stone is good.

Doctor Stone #170. We have time now.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
gently caress me.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

everything about this panel is just hilarious to me

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

rannum posted:

everything about this panel is just hilarious to me

When me and the boys play air chair

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

New Chapter

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Huh, I thought we weren't getting a chapter today. Guess that's just for MHA.

Viz link for the double-wide spreads: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-171/chapter/21464?action=read

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Here's a link to the coordinates from the final page. Manaus, deep in the Amazon.

It's a pretty big city, with a population of 2 million.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here's a link to the coordinates from the final page. Manaus, deep in the Amazon.

so what you're saying is that amazon ended the world

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

SKULL.GIF posted:

tweet this at bolsonaro see if you can get him to meltdown on twitter

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah Xeno's finger-things weird me out

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In one of the final pages from today's chapters you can see that there's a bunch of chemical burns on the fingertips of Xeno's gloves. I guess that's why he began wearing the claws.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Those are leather gloves. I wouldnt want to wear them anywhere close to concentrated acids.
Guessing He just weird.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1320409755609829376?s=20

A bunch of math for today's trivia, plus some cross-referential Pokemon.

Thinking about it... they're approaching Manaus from the Pacific, but I don't think they'll want to sail around Tierra del Fuego and then up the Amazon. If I had to guess, I'd think we're likely going to see them land at Ecuador or something, go across the Andes, then through the Amazon jungle. That'd also give us sufficient variety for more science hijinks and inventions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's no way they'd outrun the pursuit on foot, nor could they construct a ground vehicle capable of traversing south america. there's mountains, rivers, and a whole lot of pristine jungle. forget stone age technology, we can't construct such a vehicle today.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Specifically, a cemetery...spoopy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

watch the loving panama canal somehow still being traversable

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vengarr posted:

Specifically, a cemetery...spoopy.

Depending on how accurate these coordinates are supposed to be, it could also be pointing at UFAM, slightly to the northeast.

You can also see an UFAM satellite immediately adjacent to the map marker.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
No, I'm calling it right now. Ghosts did it. They foreshadowed it in this very chapter. It was ghosts all along.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh hey, I visited an uncle there in January! Too bad he was at ground zero of the Petri Beam!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vengarr posted:

No, I'm calling it right now. Ghosts did it. They foreshadowed it in this very chapter. It was ghosts all along.

As if Jump didn't have enough exorcist manga already.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Wouldn't they just go through the panama canal? I think that would still exist 3000 years from now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AtomikKrab posted:

Wouldn't they just go through the panama canal? I think that would still exist 3000 years from now

The canal is above sea level, what makes it navigable is the locks. If the locks have deteriorated in any way the artificial lakes would've drained back into the oceans.

It's entirely possible sea level has risen over the past 3 millennia, though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The canal is above sea level, what makes it navigable is the locks. If the locks have deteriorated in any way the artificial lakes would've drained back into the oceans.

It's entirely possible sea level has risen over the past 3 millennia, though.

Fixing the locks would be a cool scientific endeavour all i'm saying.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, my bet is on them fixing the canal.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Bonus points because they could fix the canal to a depth their speed boat could navigate but the aircraft carrier could not.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

As if Jump didn't have enough exorcist manga already.

I'm not sure you were paying attention. Why exorcise free energy?

Seriously, that tangent had me in stitches.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
They're definitely going for the canal. Strait of Magellan, Cape Horn, and the Southern Ocean are too dangerous for their light craft to navigate.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dr. Xeno funny faces this chapter. He's officially joined the crew.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Science advisor kurare really putting in the work this week

e: Wonder if we'll find an excuse to go to the end point of the wave, Celebes Sea.

rannum fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 26, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DizzyBum posted:

I feel like Xeno leaning back, crossing his legs, then kicking a leg up into the air is a gesture we'll see more often.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

DizzyBum posted:

He has, at least as long as Stanley is out of reach - though I wonder what it'll take to get him to give up on the whole "I will rule the world" thing and call off Stanley.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Don't forget about the big conflict potential between Xeno and Tsukasa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DizzyBum posted:

Thats not the sign of joining the crew
The High-Five however