Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Fabricated posted:

To be honest doing half of those maneuvers in primitive aircraft would have ripped the wings clean off of them.

Nah it's fine the castor oil fixed all of that.

Also re:ryusui with the pistol...did they ever like..fix it's rifling? wasnt that a thing they talked about when they first made it, that it was MOSTLY an intimidation tactic thing and not like. really useful as a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

mabels big day posted:

actually, what was it that they were doing back in the village?

I think ishigami villages goal was just...keep going. i guess in theory once they have the other stuff they need they'll ship it all to ishigami village as a central point, so senku would want them to work one expanding off of that island, incorporate more of tsukasa's town.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Wasnt one of the things in super early Dr. stone that the earth's axis tilted a bit? so like...that map marker we have isnt quite accurate.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

with hips like that, there's no surprise.

So what was Luna doing with that jar? Was she really vomitting to make herself lighter?

I think the implication was she was spitting up saliva to...try to lighten herself up. not outright vomiting.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

yeah like...(anime only dude dont click this) the latest episode introduced yo and like, im just in the intro, but the reporter girl makes him seem like such a badass, but he's like...on par with ginro for being a p useless coward most of the time after the whole, befriend the villain moment that this season will probably end with

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm also thinking that we'll ultimately see a hostage exchange (Xeno for Francois/Suika/Ginro/Matsukaze) and then the two groups go their separate ways and we see the Space Race arc begin at some point. There's no way this manga isn't going to do a space race, especially not after introducing an antagonist rocket scientist.

There was also the side manga about byakuya and the robot he made.

that one ended with the orb who at this point turned itself into a hot girl sending the occasional "hey there's a sentient being up here!" message as it repairs what's left of the ISS

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think the people they left behind in japan will ever be particularly relevant again.

Like i get it, it might not be AS INTERESTING but I do hope we get atleast like...a bit of an interlude of "hey so here's what's going on at ishigami village!" after the whole stanley debacle is over. just to have a chance to decompress I guess? see how...well i guess actually they only really left ruri behind as an even somewhat interesting character.

And I guess there was like...tsukasa's little sister and what was left of his crew.

I REALLY REALLY HOPE that whenever we do go back to them it doesnt end up being like "surprise, (natural disaster happened) and most of them are gone now!"

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

So today's episode of the anime got to "humanity's strongest tag team" as the anime chose to call it, tsukasa and senku vs hyoga and uh...I forgot how much of a dick he was. I kinda hope he is too far gone to come back.

Also so far tsukasa is 2/2 on nearly(?) dying while staring up at the stars.

I cant wait for this weekends chapter to slightly advance the plot and hopefully reveal hyoga is properly dead.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Yeah the $2/month on Viz is great value.

yup...i got one piece, dr. stone. chainsaw man (when it was active) and a series called mashle all for under 4.00 a month.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I wonder if they're gonna try to tie back in that byakuya spin-off manga that they did....what was it a year ago now?

I'm sure the robot girl will be curious about the fact that the flash of light that happened back in the day has happened again

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Were Suika and Ginro stoned previously? I just had a thought of...will this fix her near sightedness? it fixed...whatever put tsukasa's sister in a coma. and they're hoping that it will fix all of them literally being riddled with bullets.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

mabels big day posted:

She has to meet her dog again so it has to be less than 10 years or so

Oh god yeah that'd be...really just as loving depressing as old lady suika reviving senku and the others. suika finally getting home to ishigami village and her dog just being dead.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah luna and chelsea had a few bottles, but uh...did they go into defensive position before they got stoned? we know luna tried to toss a thing straight up cuz she's a capable gal but uh...it didnt work out.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Fangz posted:

Seems like the big sticking point is platinum. It's all well and good labelling the thing but how is she meant to figure out what the hell that is?

(The Ostwald process does allow copper as a substitute though)

Yeah like...the only reason the science kingdom found platinum was because they found the original capsule, which i think was on soyuz's village's island.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah they were going to brazil for more platinum werent they? and the fact that it was also ground zero for the medusa.

cuz the plan was fuel city is in japan, corn city was in america...and mineral city was brasil wasnt it?

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Now part of me wants to see Boichi draw something written by Yoko Taro.

...did you not read the side story that was ostensibly about senku's dad? He builds a tiny orb android that eventually becomes a moderately sized tiddy robot.

https://dr-stone.fandom.com/wiki/Rei

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Koumpounophilia posted:

The real question is how much time they have to get all this infrastructure and logistics in place before Whyman does his next plan. We need eyes on the sky as well as the rest of this stuff.

SKULL.GIF posted:

In either this chapter or the previous one, one of the characters mention that they need someone on 24/7 call to do calculations as needed.

Ryusui's brother is a genius but even he can't do that. In fact his forte isn't even electrical engineering or computer science, it's *programming*. Combined with the talk about how computers are specifically able to go far beyond human capability, I think this is foreshadowing that they'll try to construct a rudimentary algorithm or even AI.

Rudimentary AI? eye on the sky? folks let me introduce you to...

The titty robot.

https://dr-stone.fandom.com/wiki/Rei

She's up there, so she can watch Whyman. she's been regularly sending basic flashing light signals to be like "hey there's someone up there" whenever she ends up over japan, and she's an advanced AI.

Finally, rei will have her time to shine.

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 12, 2021

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Vizuyos posted:

I very much doubt this, the magic space robot is so completely out of line with everything in the main series that I can't imagine it being brought in.

a deus ex machina to save senku when its clear that chromes plan fails?

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

So, i was looking into the side manga again and uh...chrome noticed the light rei shined from space back in the day.

He even managed to chart it out, but uh...he didnt know japanese...yet.

Didnt he learn it during this trip?

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Like, the original trip form japan to america took like 2-3 months alone i think, and obviously the time it takes to set up each city would be skipped cuz that's kinda boring, so i can see founding the cities, and travel time would take a bit considering they wanted to get each city set up to properly produce each material, not just..."okay lets revive some folks and leave them with basic blueprints"

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

lmao, the new chapter is out, and the latest invention is one that has made BOTH sai and kaseki explode into nakedness out of excitement.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Scholtz posted:

https://youtu.be/ssfJoMeszqY

Gotta say, that is not the voice I have in my head for Ryusui

oh jeeze, no new season until next year? just a special episode for ryusui? this year?...

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

rannum posted:

If Kohaku weren't so blunt I'd say the "Is that so..." while looking out the window was her seeing the sexy android space station with her super eyes

this was a really pretty & cool chapter
we've might've sped through a lto to get here but it really is rad that yeah! we're here! in space!

I stand by sexy android made of phones will show up. im pretty sure they had morse code lights in the sky again during the "everyones frozen" period.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Am I incorrect or didn't Chrom show Senku the ISS in orbit earlier in the manga?

Thats the end of the iphone android's side manga, chrom either before they meet senku, or early enough that senku hasnt taught them japanese, he sees the lights and realises its a pattern over time, but he cant understand it.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Why did they do the sneak attack thing though…?

I think this was still before they really understood what was up with senku and the others and figured "hey if they made it here, they're probably smart enough to break out of it instantly!" to show them again the whole...unlimited life poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Vengarr posted:

I suppose it’ll be explained next chapter, but I’m not following this sudden about-face at all. Senkuu must have masterful negotiation skills to make an enemy out of someone who was trying to give humanity eternal life.

we proved to the medusae that we were too dumb to make more of them. they're a parasite. they need to be able to reproduce and we have a near zero chance of doing so. the fact that there was a 1 somewhere down that line of 0.0---% intrigued one (1) of that giant pile of medusae.