Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Was worried because regular UPS guy didn't have my game but then he did a double take and came back with it.

Now for the last painful 4 hours of work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Not a Children posted:

I've decided to socialize this weekend instead of playing Splatoon 2

Hopefully I can alienate all of my friends so I don't have that option soon

Bring your switch to the roof top party you're going to

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

poonchasta posted:

Only being able to aim vertically with motion controls took a little to get used to. Using motion controls with split joy cons is terrible, though. I may have to try out the grip for the first time ever.

Edit: I'm glad this game just came out. I'm at a point in rocket league where I'm not gonna go up in rank unless I start doing drills and stuff. So time for a new main game.

I think if you move your controller like a big truck steering wheel, you'll be able to aim quickly horizontally with motion controls (at least that's what a video showed that someone posted).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Just marathoned and beat octo canyon and the credits are the prettiest thing ever

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh there's no charger in the next salmon run rotation, I guess I'll just wait for that

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The top/first ability is permanent on gear still right? I haven't tried any of Murch's features yet

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The app is worth downloading just so you have access to Annie's Store, different gear and I bought 4 slot shoes

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Also much like splatoon 1 games are starting to be filled with nothing but Aerospray MGs

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh you don't get xp at all if you get owned horribly in ranked, I guess I better stick with turf war until my double xp food wears off

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I haven't seen the shops update ever whenever there's a map/mode change so I'm guessing it's once a day or something

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tender Bender posted:

How do you switch weapons in single player? Sheldon showed up and told me to borrow weapons from him in single player which would let me unlock them for multi-player but I don't see how to do that. His shop just tells me I have to level up in multiplayer before I can buy anything (I'm away from Wi-Fi for a bit so I can't)

You're forced to use a specific weapon in SP in some stages until you beat it once.

Hit + in the octo canyon hub outside of a stage when you get more than one gun

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does ranking up in ranked battles give you anything? I'm bad and my bar has started cracking :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Its so much fun even with randoms.

I'm a random playing with other randoms and I haven't beaten wave 3 at part-timer level yet (still fun though)

I really like the enemy design in this game

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The Tower paths on Humpback Pump Track are disappointing short given how open the level is

The new grind rails are fantastic in Moray for Tower Control

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm missing something.
How do you actually get the prizes in Salmon Run? I unlocked the shirt and it's not in my inventory or anything.

There's a ticket booth next to the salmon run entrance in inkopolis square, when you get close to it it should have a "ask for bonus" prompt

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got knocked down to apprentice and have to make up 39 points :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Were there any xp bonuses during splatfest? Debating if I should save my food tickets for those if there are

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
As a solo-queuer who hates voice chat, this game is perfect for me

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I don't remember Callie and Marie announcing new weapons on Squid Sisters, that was neat that Pearl and Marina did

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zoran posted:

The P90 looks kickass.

Now I'm curious if you can get the hero brella in multiplayer even though they said it's not available yet

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Lakbay posted:

Now I'm curious if you can get the hero brella in multiplayer even though they said it's not available yet

I just read that someone bothered to play through all the levels with the brella and you can't use it in MP yet

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

alarumklok posted:

Curling bomb spammer is the new end of game inkstrike

I think that's just because it's on the Aerospray MG

The splat bomb launcher is way scarier when I'm against it/use it

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Stopping the enemy team when they only have 3 steps remaining to winning the game with a KO in Tower Control is really satisfying

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does the Tower move faster if everyone is on it like in other Payload modes in every other competitive shooter?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tender Bender posted:

Do they have all three ranked modes already or are they gonna trickle those in as well?

Taking me forever to get to level 10.

They're all in already

This run speed jacket with 3 slots looks fresh as heck, I feel blessed

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Did they add rails to every version of Humpback Pump Track?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

bizarre deformity posted:

Edit: I assume that beating every level with a specific weapon unlocks it at Sheldon's shop, yeah?

Everything except the Brella because they're still testing that for MP

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are you supposed to roll over people or get in the middle of a group of enemies and detonate with the Baller special?

Also how do you use the Point Sensor properly?

I want to use the .52 gal but I can't figure out how to use its kit properly

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Nephzinho posted:

You get the basic weapon kits reskinned with the single player weapons. Most notably the splattershot tk becomes the P-90 lookin thing.

poo poo I thought the Hero Weapons were there own kits with their own stats, thanks for saving me replaying levels

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They do. Merch is your new best friend

I've only been able to scrub and add sub abilities and main abilities are stuck on gear

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm guessing that's Grizzco brand's thing and why you get multiple of the same gear for bonuses when doing salmon run. It'll probably be more appealing to try to play salmon run for the chance of a better main ability when it isn't a tacky polo shirt with pocket protector

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CodfishCartographer posted:

Finally, the manufacturer of a piece of clothing determines what sub abilities it can roll. Each manufacturer has one sub ability it favors, which is more likely to be rolled. Each also has one that it dislikes, which has a lower chance to be rolled.

Again, this is all based on the first game. Stands to reason that it applies here too, but no guarantees.

It's the same, even the Brand likes/dislikes are the same since it lists it on the SplatNet/Annie's shop

Also there's an easy to farm +50% xp ticket near the stage 6 entrance and a +50% coin reward ticket near the stage 27 entrance. Just exit and come back to octo canyon and they'll have respawned

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just reached B- in Tower Control

Holy Buckets and Brushes Batman!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CodfishCartographer posted:

It may be worth it based on the manufacturer brand of the gear. If the 3-slot version has a manufacturer that dislikes a skill you want (making it much less likely to appear) , or likes a skill you don't want (making it much more likely to appear) , then it would probably be better to get a lower-tier version that has a better brand.

On the other hand scrubs cost 20k no matter what so it might be worth it just to keep leveling 3 slotters

(I don't play salmon run religiously/win a lot so if you're swimming in money disregard this)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
edit: nevermind looks like it was an exploit that was fixed

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 24, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Been thinking of maybe getting a switch and this is the first game ive seen to really sway me. If I played the first Splatoon and didn't really love the online gameplay from it but wanted to give it a go in the second one, and also will probably mostly play by myself, is this game worth buying the switch for? tia

It's more of the same and the new coop mode currently has limited availability online so no. The singleplayer is fun but definitely not a system seller.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Solid gold high top sneakers with 3 slots and run speed main ability in my shop :stare:

Yesterday I bought a Japanese style satin bomber jacket with the exact same stats

Thanks game for letting me be Fresh :whatup:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Rexroom posted:

Using the Aerospray does not make one "fresh". :colbert:

Aerospray more like Aeroshame

I am sick of using it in Turf War but everything pales in comparison

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Kilometers Davis posted:

I have zero interest in anything that isn't Turf War. I keep typing Turd War. Thanks for reading.

I only want to play Rainmaker and Tower Control but the game keeps forcing splat zones or turf war on me every 6 hours or so

Grizzco is pretty much closed for the entire week for me because of my schedule so I'll have to suffer through the modes I don't like

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The reasons are: not wanting to split the queue too much and not wanting people to farm the bonuses

I feel like they're really flimsy reasons and the only other option is local play but I don't think many people have 3 other friends with individual Switches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Calihan posted:

Aerospray has amazing coverage

That's all you need for Turf War