Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Reminder that inklings are the baddies. You hedonistic monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm surprised the single player plot didn't have any explanation for why Marina is accepted in Inkling society

Emergency rations obviously.

Alternatively, you expect inklings to focus on something and think about things when they could party instead?

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, it's a video game, but presumably he's selling some species of prawn that didn't change much in the past 10,000 years.

You might raise an eyebrow at the consumption of monkey or ape meat, but you probably wouldn't consider it cannibalism. That said, Splatoon has a weird fondness for throwing in seafood (see: calamari rings in single player)

The tails might be just decorations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

That just made me really want a new Jet Set Radio Future game

http://puistokemisti.kapsi.fi/Splatoon/1435960683230.webm

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

The Aerospray is good at painting turf and nothing else. It has lovely range and eats through ink like whoa. It's my go-to "just wanna get a good score in Turf War with minimal effort" weapon. If you're having legit trouble against Aerosprays then use a weapon that out-ranges it, which is... pretty much all of the guns. For instance the N-Zap has almost identical rate of fire, a narrower spread, and a lot more range than the Aerospray. Try that.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I don't know why you would pick ketchup. It's just liquid tomato. Add tomato instead if the dish requires it and if it doesn't, why would you add ketchup.

Whereas mayo makes everything tasty. Can you imagine eating a steak without good dollop of mayo on top of it? Didn't think so. Mayo all the way.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

enojy posted:

Nothing sets off the taste of a good steak like ketchup

Red on steak makes it just look undercooked, whereas mayo on it doesn't just taste great, it also creates wonderful dark/white contrast.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Based on the art drawn for this Splatfest, the winner is apparently going to be Marina's tits.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Finally; The Mayo-loving freaks are going to drown in blood...coloured ink as the majestic, and devilishly handsome, Ketchup Army claims victory over you pitiful weaklings :colbert:.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Rexroom posted:

You mean this one?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

The next hot meme to hit Splatoon's plaza posts is Crash Bandicoot you heard it here first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0gBrL4wzM

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Splatoon 2 - Rated M for Mature

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I really like Salmon Run. Here's to hoping that Nintendo will keep expanding it. And that I won't get any more Chargers in it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

lelandjs posted:

I'm not saying that you and I don't need improvement (we do) but when two of the other players on your team have aerosprays and are making sure that one specific area on our turf stays inked instead of working towards the objective there's only so much we can do to win the match for our team.

Also there's a lot of new players in C rank who simply don't know the game modes so you're automatically at a disadvantage.

So disconnects affect the other team as much as yours but bad players don't? The only consistent factor in all of your games is you.

Rexroom posted:

Where the hell are the mayo players? All I'm getting is Ketchup teams.

Oh, NOW I'm playing just as i typed this.

My brothers picked Ketchup for us, having to wait two or three minutes on the matchmaking screen until the system decides to throw us against other ketchup team was really annoying. Might be a smart move to pick the less popular choice next time, unless it's something you feel strongly about.

At least Ketchup King is a good title, wish we could keep them and the splatfest tees tho.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I'm happy that Salmon Run exists because despite buying every single multiplayer online battle arena game in existence, I don't actually like pvp much.

Too often the games feel like onesided stomps and reaching higher MMR can be almost a punishment when it suddenly means that you have to start caring about mechanics everyone previously ignored because they were annoying and nobody was good enough to execute them anyway. You win couple in row games and suddenly you have to play against people who can land hook with about 100% accuracy and part of my soul withers and dies. Whereas in Salmon Run only ones suffering will be my teammates.

grand theft grotto posted:

Started grinding my smurf from level 1. I'm not really a gun user but I've just been using the splattershot jr. so far because why not. Won every single one of my games so far and have double digit splats in most of them. Once I get to level 10 we'll see how C goes, by then I will have switched to a weapon that's a little more comfortable for me.

If Nintendo has any sense, you'll get put into smurf queue soon. I'm going to predict that while climbing the ranked, you will lose some games because your team does something incredibly dumb but you'll still make steady progress towards your main account's rank until you get bored and stop.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

grand theft grotto posted:

Maybe until I unlock ranked I'll take up a charger because I am trash with those and therefore will not be playing the video game in an immoral manner.

Anyone playing Ranked PvP deserves whatever happens to them. Also, harder you crush, more ranks you skip so to minimize your time spent in lower ranks, use a powerful weapon. Altho then people could claim that only way to escape 'the Elo Hell' is to win so hard that you get booted straight up to A. Do what feels good.

One thing I kinda dislike about Salmon Run is how fast it can shovel out bosses. It honestly does get a bit annoying when you have to attempt to throw a bomb while dodging two lasers, a maw, ink rain, ink bomb and a serpent your teammate decided to kite on top of you.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

The Bloop posted:

If this is actually a thing all your shitposting will have been worth it

I used to do that to people who used Chargers or had japanese characters in name in Splatoon 1. I like to think that it made a difference.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaS5WJceDY

Splatoon anime comic manga animation thingie

quote:

Rather than a straight up anime, CoroCoro calls the series a “comic anime”. That’s because instead of true animation, it’s more along the lines of a manga with voiced dialogue. There are bits of animation sprinkled throughout, however.

I expected very little and somehow was still disappointed.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Made it all the way to Profreshional by playing with pubbies. Goldie runs were the worst, basically automatic -20 points.

Current mood:

Wait, that's not correct at all, let me try again.

Current mood:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Turf War sucks.

Ranked sucks even more.

Salmon run is good.

Fite me irl.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

raditts posted:

god dammit
Why do we still get mistranslations that are completely wrong in 2017?

Might be that that's what the orginal says. It's really annoying tho that it lies to people tho.

I feel like Glowflies is actually the worst event tho. Not because it's unclear but because there's no universally accepted way for it and other than spamming "This way", there's no way to try to get your team to agree about what to do. At least with Mothership people will eventually figure out where the eggs come from and with Gusher, one person who knows how it works can track down Goldie. Nothing is Glowflies really communicates what's the best way to do it. Also, they should add something to announce that you got the glow, it can be kinda hard to spot before the fish turn and gib you.

dragon enthusiast posted:

It's not gusher height that determines the goldie

Might be worth it to try to send simple Gusher/Mothership/Glowflies instructions into Splatnet even if you can't draw well.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Current Salmon Run mood:

Reaching Profreshional is not super hard and it's easy to get carried thro special events so I understand that people might make mistakes even there but I feel like at Profreshional/Overachiever rank people should know better than clump up at the rear end end of map, shooting creeps as they hop out of water while million bosses spawn everywhere else.
I dropped straight from Profreshional into Go-Getter today, weird loving thing was that all the events went super smooth, Goldie with hunted down during Gusher with mechanical precision, Mothership barely got any baskets on the ground, but the moment it was normal here come the salmonds round, everyone apparently had forgotten how to play SR during the 18 hours it wasn't available. Feeling a little bit salty.

Oh well, still having fun while I bounce up and down in ranks in search for my true Elo.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

The Mattybee posted:

This is the worst Salmon Run set and I can't figure out why

It feels like brush's damage is too low, charger requires too much charging to do good dps and roller flick delay is measured in weeks.

Compared to last one where Splatling destroyed everything, Carbon Roller and bucket destroyed everything in AoE and you had two lasers.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

The Mattybee posted:

I strongly favor internment camps for Tri-Slosher users

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Meme of the moment: Calling Pearl a Nazi.

One of the unsuspected consequences of the Charlottesville incident.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

BoyBlunder posted:

Thinking about picking this up but was wondering: is there a single player game?

The single player campaign is quite short and frankly not as good as Splatoon 1's. If you literally don't have internet, I can't recommend Splatoon 2.

Salmon Run is fun tho, and while I get bit salty about it, it's good enough that the game is worth playing since I hate pvp. It still does require partying with three other randoms who have apparently never played video games before, so if you want completely solo experience, you probably want to buy something else.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Is there a way to see if your art has gotten any Yeahs?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

What color is Team Invisible going to be?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Maybe everyone already knows these but they aren't in OP.

https://splatoon2.ink/
Map rotations, including Salmon Run times.

https://twitter.com/splatnetstore
Tweets as new gear appears in the appstore.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

There's apparently two more Salmon Run maps based on datamining

Unless they are very different from the current maps, I'm hoping that they have something else in mind for SR updates too. Having different maps is nice certainly but the current two maps don't play that differently.

Also, somehow pubbies at Profreshional still can't sit next to the egg basket during Glowflies, even tho the current map has perfect platform for it. At least on the ship there's no clear marker on where exactly you want to stand. Sub 100 Profreshional is the true Elo hell because you get people who can reach 100 Overachiever but aren't really ready for Profreshional. Kidding but I do feel like the difficulty jump from Overachiever to Profresh is a bit too high.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/endgametv1 over
Inkstorm tournament

throw to first DAMN IT fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 19, 2017

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Lots of official Splatoon 1 art. Apparently Octavio has released an album.

Also lots of background commentary and lore about squids and stages.

Dude, melon.

Sad that we didn't get braided tentacles, the Squid Sisters section has some interesting ideas they had for them.

Moving on.

Remains from the time the game was about rabbits. Inklings continue to be assholes.

Lazy assholes.

Lots of interesting stuff, I suggest giving it a look.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

every bit of lore that further solidifies that Inklings are just dirtbags is the best.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Rexroom posted:

I have that as an actual book that I ordered from Japan. I'm not sure how legal it is to put whole copyrighted books on the Internet Archive? Seems suspect, but then again I'm not an expert on American copyright legislature.

Feels a bit weird but looks like there's lots of artbooks in there. You would think that someone would have reported it already if it was a problem? Idk.

Adult inklings do exist.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

The reason you don't see them is squids die after breeding

bandaid.friend posted:

page 214 is the 'pearl's parents are dead' page sorry

Explain Cpt Cuttlefish then.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I think I heard that a lot of Inklings don't even realize she's an Octoling? Got a bit of an Octodad going on.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I haven't seen anything like that in the Sunken Scrolls myself. Plus the Octolings are very visibly different with their irises and multi-suckered "hair" tentacles. Hairticles?

You are not accounting for 'inklings are idiots' factor.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/endgametv1
Inkstorm Tournament again

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

What are the chances that all three of your teammates will die at the last second.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteBovineFloofGingerPower
Welcome to the grand finals ok good bye.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Get off the goddamn tower if there's more than one person on it.

Anyway,

Searching for the source, I have discovered that /r/Callieism and /r/Marieism are real places. Aces. Also /r/Marieism is more popular, as is right and proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

enojy posted:

You fuckers be nice to best girl Pearl-sama

Incidentally, that amount of "Pearl is a garbage baby" stuff I have seen has dropped a lot. And it's ok, I don't want Pearl to be just rehashed D.va. She also has massive forehead.

demota posted:

I like the Japanese personalities laid out there because it sets up a dynamic that's really different from Callie and Marie, and also emphasizes that Marina's a newcomer to the squid world. Also, her body language matches that more.

One thing that annoys me about Marina is that when Grizz co. ad comes, she always says that Pearl is shilling. But it's the loving sponsor. Pearl actually does shill a lot of products but this is their sponsor. Whyyyy. Thank you for listening.