Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lawl at the girls being named Ariel and Ursula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Squids, I bought the headset.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So the voice chat in the online app sucks, apparently. Bummer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I thought we were doing discord?

Looks that way now, but I just don't like Discord. It seems like whenever we use it, both teams wind up in the same room.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just wanna play Splatoon 2. I wanna git gud again and defend chargers from all y'all relentless squidfits about them.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't play til 10am tomorrow because I bought mine from GameStop.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No one is allowed to play Splatoon for 24 more hours.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goons, lets play together as much as possible over the next 48 hours.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Coolspaz posted:

Are there any clear "must have" abilities? I figure fast respawn and slow their respawn could be useful any others?

The Ability Doubler.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Isn't that literally "must have" in that it is on, and only on, the mandatory splatfest tees?

Ohhhhhh really?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Unlocks Splatoon 1 gear.

Nintendo Police here, you are under arrest.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Salmon Run owns. Give me the charger, Grizzco!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I would love to see one of the old stages return as a Salmon Run map. Saltspray Rig is probably the most thematically appropriate, but really any of them would be nice.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Edit: Actually, I'm at my limit for messing around with Discord's multiple layers of byzantine nonsense. Even the switch voice set up comes across as less complicated on paper.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 22, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

causticBeet posted:

I've never played a splatoon but due to being desperate for switch content I picked this up. What is the most obnoxious weapon for the other team to use?

Blasters.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zelder posted:

How do you get tickets anyways

Gotta do the daily grind at GrizzCo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone want to try some friends Salmon Run on Sunday?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I got to Profreshional and very rarely win all 3 rounds. We can usually clear round 2 but then we all get murdered on round 3. The overwhelming amount of boss salmons is brutal.

Profreshional is insane. I really wish they'd let you choose your own gun at that level.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tomorrow at 4pm CST, who wants to do some Salmon Run for a couple of hours.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Where's all the Mr Grizz fanart?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Cool I was having fun with Salmon Run but now there's an arbitrary closed period. Really hope with the positive response this mode is getting they patch out the dumb time limited thing.

It would be nice, and in the meantime we should organize as much Salmon Run among those here.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Now to live my life as a cartoon character

Is Mr. Grizz a spirit of a bear in a wooden bear or a guy talking through a wooden bear with a speaker.

He's totally a bear and he's Charlie's Angel-ing us.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zoran posted:

Only locally.

Oh goddamn.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

I just assumed that Grizzco were 100% definitely actual bears, and they just can't show their faces because it would terrify every sea creature in town and mess up their scheme.

This is 100% true and the only alternate theory I'll accept is that a Salmonid has decided to sell out his fellow fishmans for the sake of capitalism.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Learn to use the melee weapons and you'll accomplish a lot.

A couple of games into Salmon Run, I realized that if I wanted to keep playing this mode and get good at it, I was going to have to master every weapon that it gives you that I'm not already good with. Because GrizzCo isn't always going to have chargers, and I'm not always going to get it when they do.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've been at work watching Salmon Run streams, and a common thing I'm noticing is that people seem to ignore their specials.

The first thing you should do when you get off the boat is look at what your special weapons are. They are VITAL at mid to high level play. Splashdown and Bomb Rush are great for clearing those massive stage 3 mobs that form. Stingray is great at eliminating Stingers and it absolutely trivializes the Mothership. InkJet is a great rescue tool for when multiple members go down. Don't be afraid to use these when things get hairy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You really do not want a Charger in Salmon Run. You can't crowd-control for poo poo, and even if you are tickling one of the bosses with it, it's only decent for bringing down the Steelheads and nothing else. And that's if you can get an angle on its bomb-launcher. Even the sniper bosses go down much faster with anything else because straight DPS just obliterates their stack of pots.

Haha, buddy you've never seen a Griller die so fast as when I have my preferred gun. Not to mention the rescue aspects, or making light of Stingers who try to camp in peninsulas, or busting up groups with well placed shots, or knocking those storm cloud missiles down from anywhere. I absolutely crush when I have a charger in Salmon Run.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, let me put it this way; You might be great with the Splat Charger, but, can you say the same for the three players who are far more likely to have it? Especially when you've only got it, maybe, in one single wave?

No, and that makes me sad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Speaking of Salmon Run, if it's up lets get some teams going.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Peewi posted:

Is there a discord or something or should I just post my friend code?

For now, just post your friend code. I'll be home in ten minutes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Peewi posted:

My friend code is SW-6132-4331-5349 and I will play some salmon run.

Adding you now, but we may have to take a raincheck since it's closed. I guess the app doesn't list local times.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Peewi posted:

Closed? I'm playing it right now.

Yeah, it turns out my Switch wasn't online. Anyway, room set up, no password.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

What pay grade you running?

e; actually doesn't matter, rewards reset. SW-6462-9483-1031, making my coffee and turning on the Switch.

Profreshional

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Neph you're good to go.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Peewi posted:

I really don't like the high tide.

It's a beast.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

You're Spraylan ign right? Showing full room atm, might still be in a round.

Right. Keep trying, I'll be on for awhile.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Made new room, pass is 2222.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

One more round for me.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Peewi posted:

gg, goons

Did I do that? I will admit to not always being in the best place.

Might have been me. If we're above quota, the timer is getting short, and the beach gets messy, I'll often head inland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Squids. Please do not run to teammates when you're being targetted by missiles.