Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Zelder posted:

Ahhhh what is this from it's right on the tip of my tongue

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/it-s-finally-a-friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Reviewers often get the game early...

Yes, but Target shoppers aren't under embargo.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

The username on that banner is Fobwashed, but is it the real Fobwashed?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

Quit thinking of it as a start button, it's your fundamental problem. Just because you use a button to open a menu doesn't mean that the same button will exit the menu.

Gee, how ever did you earn that title? :allears:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLO-VcPtOnA

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Zeruel posted:

Whats the freshness bonus that you get sometimes?

Using the same weapon a lot of games in a row.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Thom P. Tiers posted:

However, I'm reading through this thread and holy hell all of the splat lingo. Will I just eventually catch on? I know nothing of what you guys are saying and haven't even begun to freshen myself up gearwise. Just enjoying shooting ink so far. Should I play single player?

As someone in your exact situation, I recommend it. I felt like it was a good tutorial for the basic mechanics and skills of the game as well as an intro to each weapon type. And it doesn't overstay its welcome. Each mission focuses on something new without much feeling of repeating already-mastered skills, and it's not very long. There's even some amount of charming amusement in the characters/story, if that does anything for you.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

well why not posted:

how do the tickets work? If I eat one and then log off, is the effect carried over?

i like the game but there's a lot of mechanics which are not explained very well

They last 20 matches, whether that takes you two hours or two weeks.

And you're absolutely right. This game doesn't explain itself very well.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

A Murch tutorial that gives you free chunks and then forces you to spend them on the starter headband or something would go a long way.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

http://kotaku.com/how-to-farm-exp-tickets-in-splatoon-2-1797233065 HOW TO FARM INFINITE FOOD TICKETS IN SECONDS

This honestly feels like an oversight on Nintendo's part, a bug, so take advantage of it while we still can

This has been posted here like four times in three days, but it doesn't count until Kotaku writes it up

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Golden Goat posted:

I'm gonna try to stick with the motion controls, any suggestions for what sensitivity everybody sets each on to?

Assuming you're using the Pro Controller, ThatSrb2dude recommends setting sticks to -1.5 and then starting motion at -3 and working it up until it feels comfortable. If you're talking about handheld then I dunno.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Also, you can't really do a 180º turn with just one or the other; you have to push both in the same direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Kaethela posted:

Stars correspond to how many initial slots it has and nothing else.

And how fast sub abilities are unlocked. A 1* hat with two snail slots will fill up with abilities faster than a 3* hat. So if you're grinding just for scrubbing, use three 1* pieces that you snailed. Source: thatSrb2dude demonstrated this on stream two weeks ago with snails from Judd.