Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Bloop posted:

I think I will occasionally make a new profile and use it to utterly obliterate n00bs for a couple hours and then delete it.

But that's a hella rude thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Bloop posted:

No it's not. They need to learn to get gud. They will be forged in the fires of being splatted repeatedly. They will learn ways to be splatted they did not know existed, and they will internalize this knowledge rise above their peers. Their rank and skill level will improve faster because of my tough love.

Or they won't and they'll just get owned and not learn from it at all idk

Yeah, you're rude. I don't like that.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Negrostrike posted:

Do you get a boner every time you go to the beach or pool and see women in swimsuits?

What a bad-faith defence!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Not until Splaturday.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Onean posted:

If you want something to watch, here's a playthrough without commentary I just pulled up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrD_jsmRpFE
It even shows the Sunken Scrolls which have a bunch of backstory stuff and where a solid chunk of the charm comes from.

poo poo, that old man's voice is so generic and wrong. He is clearly meant to be a complete coot, he should have a crazy prospector voice! I hope Splatoon 2 has better attention to detail.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Marina would be nowhere without Pearl and is a shameful ingrate!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm gonna walk into Walmart on Friday like Vince McMahon and only communicate with open palm face slaps to indicate I want a copy of Splatoon 2. When I'm tackled by security I will start screaming I am a SovCit and their naval gold fringe flag rules don't apply to me

If your palm wasn't open it wouldn't be a slap, just a bizarre punch!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I've beaten the second boss of singleplayer mode and I'm finding it incredibly dull.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'll play with goons at any rank in Salmon Run. If I drop or anything I'm confidant I can work myself back up pretty easily :v:

S'all about fun. Just be aware the difficulty will be at Overachiever unless we bomb super hard and I derank. After talking with some friends and watching videos I can confirm the difficulty is set to whoever the highest in the room is.

On this day you have earned your name.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

well why not posted:

What's the best way to play handheld? Motion control enabled has my camera always pointing at the sky due to how I hold the Switch. Using the sticks works fine but surely there's a trick to getting handheld working nicely portable.

How exactly are you seated? Why doesn't pressing Y work?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

People who dress their character in the try-hard "cool" full body armour make me a little sad.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I played a bunch of games with a guy who was really good with the paintbrush, guaranteeing a win for whichever team he was on. He was so speedy and frantic, like a stylish Tasmanian devil! I admire him.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Watch out admitting that in this thread some people get real mad about it

This is the worst way to prove you aren't shook.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Shame Boner posted:

Nah it was a pretty straightforward joke about the ambiguity of the word "sponge" that the localization team threw in there intentionally.

Haha, no.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

pippy posted:

I turned on motion control about an hour ago, now my arm hurts. :(

You shouldn't be swinging your arms around in broad movements, it's tiny adjustments with your wrist!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It's always very bizarre how condescending people get about extremely common and inoffensive condiments. Hopefully the next splatfest will be soda vs. water so we can get some more hot takes.

Only the SIMPLEST of CHILDREN would drink WATER!!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

drat, I wish they would do Kirk vs. Picard!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The single player is SO BORING!! gently caress!!!

That said, you don't get to decide what is/isn't a spoiler for other people. Be kind to others.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

What the heck is Marina eating? Is that a flan that she put ketchup on? gently caress you, Marina!!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dexo posted:

Why are you insulting Octarian cultural cuisine?

Racist

Oh God, what have I become???

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Did Splatoon 1 introduce new songs over time, or are Off the Hook likely to put on the exact same concert for every Splatfest?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Splatfest ended, leaving me with 97 loving ketchup points

That's gotta hurt.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You can place beacons to superjump to? How did I miss that?! Dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh, phew. Thank you.