Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Wizgot posted:

Give me a reason not to smoke.

Wizgot posted:

I have...a pack of Winstons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
tbh after the first week of quitting the only thing I miss is the physical ritual. It's the feel of a cigarette in my hand and in my mouth, or moving it around and just... having it.

I smoked when I was a teenager and then quit for like 10 years before starting again and now quitting again, and all that time in between I never lost that craving for the physical act of rolling and smoking.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

communism bitch posted:

tbh after the first week of quitting the only thing I miss is the physical ritual. It's the feel of a cigarette in my hand and in my mouth, or moving it around and just... having it.

I smoked when I was a teenager and then quit for like 10 years before starting again and now quitting again, and all that time in between I never lost that craving for the physical act of rolling and smoking.

They have fidget spinners now

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

let's be honest here op if you drink tonight youre going to smoke. if you're serious about quitting then plan for about 2-3 weeks of cravings and feeling like poo poo where you should not drink at all. then it's easier and the cravings go away if you manage to wait a few minutes. then after 2 months you're good but a single cig will pull you back in. well good luck

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Psycho Society posted:

They have fidget spinners now
I'd rather start smoking again.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i havnt had smoked salmon in quite some time

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i havnt had smoked salmon in quite some time

You'll never make it thru the winter

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Fart Puzzle posted:

just get a vape then you can have all the delicious nicotine your dumb broke brain can handle without all the other toxic poo poo

ahhha this is what millenials actually believe

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I haven't smoked for three years now. The craving never truly passes.

This is what I'm afraid of.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

I havent smoked in almost 5 years and havent had a craving since like the second year or so

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Have you tried to, like, not have any cigarettes at home, staring at them?

When i quit after 26 years i simply used up my reserves and then didnt buy any new ones.
Whenever i felt like having a smoke, i simply didnt.
Really, its loving easy.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Wizgot posted:

I have 2 25oz cans of bud and a pack of Winstons. As soon as I start drinking those 5 days are going down the shitter. Give me a reason not to smoke.

Wizgot if you quit I'll quit with you.

I've overdrawn bank accounts into triple digits before to prolong the habit and it's no good really.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Get an ecig.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

10kapp posted:

Wizgot if you quit I'll quit with you.

I've overdrawn bank accounts into triple digits before to prolong the habit and it's no good really.

I think I'm pretty much done TBH. First couple of days are the worst. Quit man.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You'll be glad you did.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

It hasn't impacted my health thankfully but it has impacted my quality of life

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

communism bitch posted:

:same:

Also, once you've quit for a few years, bum a cigarette off of someone and you'll see that you no longer care for the taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

ahhha this is what millenials actually believe

I have seen this work for like a dozen old rear end life long smokers. The dumb little cigarette looking vapes they sell at gas stations are amazing for smoking session.

• Locked thread