Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Aruan posted:

Gordon Ramsay's persona is really played up for any of his US shows, but even in the UK he can be fairly harsh on restaurants - his key dividing line is "are you making people pay for this". Thats why he's nice to home cooks and kids, because they're not selling their product.

I remember a few years back people would also just send him their kitchen gently caress ups to get him to dunk on them. He might just enjoy making fun of bad food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

MariusLecter posted:

Man of Steel was not a challenging film at all.

For a Zack Snyder fan, a lot of things are challenging.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah if you go to 2000 and ask the general public about superheroes you probably wouldn't hear Iron Man once.

Hell, at any point before the MCU I'd have trouble naming a single Marvel hero other than Spider-Man*. Thanks to all the animated stuff, DC basically had a monopoly on my entire knowledge of superheroes and still managed to gently caress up the DCU.

*I could name some of the X-Men but I wouldn't have known who they belonged to.

Grunch Worldflower has a new favorite as of 03:22 on Feb 13, 2021

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Len posted:

only thanks to the movie we know that the brown coats were actually right and the government were in fact bad guys

I mean, the show isn't exactly subtle that the government were bad dudes. There's an entire episode that takes place on a slave-planet they run. Whedon is bad and Firefly is dumb, but y'all are big mad at a show that only exists in your imaginations.

Grunch Worldflower has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Feb 14, 2021

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

marshmallow creep posted:

When I went to Elementary School in Illinois, a kid who had a problem with me ran me over with his bike. I had literal burn marks in my legs from his bike tires where he had run it against me repeatedly well I was trying to get away. When I complained, the principal's brilliant solution to the situation was to beat both of us with a cricket bat.

Yup, my school didn't beat people because it wasn't run by cavemen but "fighting" was specifically against the rules so they could just punish both parties and not have to put in the effort to actually figure out who the aggressor was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
Missed opportunity that the Old School Gamer didn't have a title on their list that released before the Ancient Gamer's.