Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Ssf stays winning

This is one of the reasons I switched to SSF. In trade league there's so much you "can't" use because it would be "better" to just sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I was gonna run lab to sell jewels for that coc dd build (and like bama and poo poo) but the more I look into the coc build the more I wanna play it

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I'm still thinking death's oath occultist, but the sirens are singing in my ear that playing RF again counts as a new build if it's a chieftain

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

xZAOx posted:

I think they're interested in fixing, it's just as he said - them trying to fix it led to PoE2.

They just think PoE1 is too fast these days to make melee feel good.

i mean it would go a long way if the Required Melee Stuff wasnt required. like having to put down ancestral totems on every single build to get basic required stats

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

It's really dumb that you lose about 30% of your dps if you don't have those loving totems up, on builds that generally have a much harder time hitting things to begin with, and on top of that for pure damage purposes the best anoint for almost every melee build is panopticon, exclusively because it makes those loving things give you even more stats and not because you care about totems in any fashion whatsoever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lot of cool scarabs but strongboxes got killed lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This looks good to me

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
"Area Contains the Nameless Seer" considering my only interaction with him in act 10 of the campaign last league gave me Ralakesh's boots which were a T1 unique that sounds pretty good at getting rarer stuff.

You can tack on 2 scarabs that add 12-16 packs of incursion monsters to the area, that is going to be crazy for pack size juicing.

Someone is also 100% going to run nothing but harbinger scarabs until they get a map where every harbinger drops mirror fragments and screenshots it, calling it again.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 27, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

is exarch getting anything to replace awakened sextants

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Unless the new high-end scarabs are priced at 3div+, I'll just use any that I drop - at least for the first time, then if it was disappointing I'd consider selling them if they are above 1 div..

J
Jun 10, 2001

xZAOx posted:

I'm wondering if we're nearing Chris announcing a retirement or something. I know a few years ago one of the "original 3" left, but he was never a public facing person of the company so it was pretty quiet.

Everything is now Mark and Jonathan, and to quote Mark - "We're now in a time of questioning everything". And I think a lot of those things are things Chris wouldn't let happen before.

I think Mark and Jonathan don't feel as strongly as Chris did about certain topics that were previously hard-no. And I also think that LE's success potentially caught them off guard and got them to soften their stance on some of these previous hard-no topics as well. I know poe has a lot of people who play on the standalone client, but "LE beats poe's all time steam player count" is one hell of a headline that definitely caught their attention.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Keru posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3497686

Gemdata is out

edit: am I reading Kinetic Blast of Clustering right that it can't split, but it CAN pierce/fork/chain? But also I noticed the "adds 15% of Max Man as Physical Damage" line on it, so Hierophant KB builds? I don't know enough about Wander playstyles to tell.

Is the added phys the quality effect? If so, spicy.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
LE is very good but they still need to figure out a satisfying endgame.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

How bait-y is this Splitting Steel Trickster build? I'm looking for something that can scale from league start to endgame and it's been forever since I've played with CI or Trickster. I'm getting a late start so don't mind a bit of jank, but I'd rather not choose something that's going to fall apart at yellow maps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qZPhvuXs-s

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I imagine breaking path of exile's total max playercount (that is free to play) with a $35 price tag attached is nothing to scuff at.

They should be trying to do everything possible to keep players playing past the first 2-10 hours and getting them into the end-game systems and shelling out for stash space.

Even this thread is filled with people saying they had to force themselves past the campaign before getting to the endgame and I'm probably not the only one who has friends who tried it but hard quit during act 1 or 2 because it's slow, boring, confusing and frankly looks bad as you trudge past 8 variations of brown sandy cliffy beach and dark cave.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

xZAOx posted:

I'm wondering if we're nearing Chris announcing a retirement or something. I know a few years ago one of the "original 3" left, but he was never a public facing person of the company so it was pretty quiet.

Everything is now Mark and Jonathan, and to quote Mark - "We're now in a time of questioning everything". And I think a lot of those things are things Chris wouldn't let happen before.

Even though Chris pointed out that there was an error in paperwork which showed him no longer being a director of GGG, and that he was very much still involved - it definitely feels like he is phasing out into retirement. I'm guessing he is staying around to get GGG through the launch of PoE2, then he is riding off into the sunset to play with his Magic cards.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

mark seems hella awesome so him taking over poe 1 is great

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chris has been trending away from active dev work forever. He had been looking and the new 2 for answers on q and as increasingly more and more .

Seems like a natural evolution of the roles

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
He can stay working on ruthless and continue making it unbearably unfun and lovely.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

This is it, finally. The league where I start flicker strike.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Womyn Capote posted:

This is it, finally. The league where I start flicker strike.

Please share your build so I too can make this mistake.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Anyone post gem changes yet?

Some big nerfs (that I think most were known about), but honestly the vast majority looks like some numerical buffs to tons of transfigured gems.

It kind of feels like "okay yeah no one used these at all, lets buff them a little".

Then the 2 or 3 that got used, got nefed, heh.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

How bait-y is this Splitting Steel Trickster build? I'm looking for something that can scale from league start to endgame and it's been forever since I've played with CI or Trickster. I'm getting a late start so don't mind a bit of jank, but I'd rather not choose something that's going to fall apart at yellow maps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qZPhvuXs-s

I'm not seeing anything TOO egregious in the mid-game PoB, but I think the DPS might be a bit misleading? Has Splitting Steel hitting 8 times which won't always be the case and doesn't account for the less damage on return with Return Proj support unless that's been sorted in PoB somehow that I don't know about. Also stuns may crop up while mapping, but the evasion may help a bit to not make that feel too bad.

Regardless, if you wanna play Splitting Steel, I'd just recommend going with the tried and true Champ version. It was a very successful starter for lots of folks in 3.23.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Trickster after its last revision is a very strong ascendancy, though I don't really know how its strengths would apply to a Splitting Steel build

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

docbeard posted:

Trickster after its last revision is a very strong ascendancy, though I don't really know how its strengths would apply to a Splitting Steel build

Without looking at any particular guide, my gut feeling is that pathing would be really annoying / less than optimal.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

So since I've been looking at trying a degenerate summoner build this time around (esp. since one friend is interested in trying a summoner) I've been on the lookout for guides. This one seems particularly great; the PoB is super-detailed (it basically contains the entire transcript of the video) and the leveling plan is clear to follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acz9TAhiZ2I

In the video he also does a great job of explaining why particular pathing choices were made and how particular nodes line up with act bosses progression-wise.

If anyone else out there is into summoners, I'd love a "this isn't bait" confirmation but the build doesn't seem to be doing anything particularly out-there.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I'm not seeing anything TOO egregious in the mid-game PoB, but I think the DPS might be a bit misleading? Has Splitting Steel hitting 8 times which won't always be the case and doesn't account for the less damage on return with Return Proj support unless that's been sorted in PoB somehow that I don't know about. Also stuns may crop up while mapping, but the evasion may help a bit to not make that feel too bad.

Regardless, if you wanna play Splitting Steel, I'd just recommend going with the tried and true Champ version. It was a very successful starter for lots of folks in 3.23.

Tried and true is exactly why I'm avoiding Champ. I get bored with builds that aren't at least a bit off-meta. Have since Diablo 2, when my bread and butter was stuff like DTail Sins and Vengeance Sorcs.

That said, I'm sure I'll waffle back and forth at least 30 times in the next few days.

docbeard posted:

The tl;dr is it swaps out Champ's defensive kit for Trickster's, which lets it scale Splitting Steel with lightning damage from Ephemeral Edge and ES stacking.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Big Mad Drongo posted:

The tl;dr is it swaps out Champ's defensive kit for Trickster's, which lets it scale Splitting Steel with lightning damage from Ephemeral Edge and ES stacking.

That's cool actually. Nice. I had assumed it was impale.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Setec_Astronomy posted:

So since I've been looking at trying a degenerate summoner build this time around (esp. since one friend is interested in trying a summoner) I've been on the lookout for guides. This one seems particularly great; the PoB is super-detailed (it basically contains the entire transcript of the video) and the leveling plan is clear to follow:

In the video he also does a great job of explaining why particular pathing choices were made and how particular nodes line up with act bosses progression-wise.

If anyone else out there is into summoners, I'd love a "this isn't bait" confirmation but the build doesn't seem to be doing anything particularly out-there.

Build looks fine to me. There's a few things people do different but you're in the last 5% of a build that is different for everyone. For example I prefere feeding frenzy instead of minion speed in the 6L.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

GGG is finally fixing the performance issues with the default Desecrate skill effect

DD is no longer pay to win

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

GGG: turn your monitor off

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Tai posted:

Build looks fine to me. There's a few things people do different but you're in the last 5% of a build that is different for everyone. For example I prefere feeding frenzy instead of minion speed in the 6L.

Thank you!

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Setec_Astronomy posted:

If you find other build guides for the same build, you can see where they differentiate and decide which route you like better. I did that with skelemages, looking at 3 different versions, and sort of mishmashed them together into my final build. It's just a good exercise for looking at builds in general, if nothing else, and in the end you decide to just stick with the original one completely then that's fine too.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Okay so discussing KB of clustering. It seems fully intended for single target hence clustering. The radius on the explosions suggest 100% overlap on single target. Out of the box it's a 500% damage effectiveness skill with a whole truckload of potential flat damage added. Is this not incredible? Even if you ignore the mana portion it would be the single target wand skill of choice, no?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

totalnewbie posted:

If you find other build guides for the same build, you can see where they differentiate and decide which route you like better. I did that with skelemages, looking at 3 different versions, and sort of mishmashed them together into my final build. It's just a good exercise for looking at builds in general, if nothing else, and in the end you decide to just stick with the original one completely then that's fine too.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many guides for Zoomancer in 3.23 -- just Ghazzy's and this one, and this is the only one updated for 3.24. Maybe there are others that call the build something else?

I'm very comfortable tweaking builds in the endgame, I'm just not familiar with summoners and their early progression. My friend is a first-time player, so I want a thorough build guide for her and I'd feel pretty bad if the one I pointed her at turned out to be poo poo.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

xZAOx posted:

Anyone post gem changes yet?

Some big nerfs (that I think most were known about), but honestly the vast majority looks like some numerical buffs to tons of transfigured gems.

It kind of feels like "okay yeah no one used these at all, lets buff them a little".

Then the 2 or 3 that got used, got nefed, heh.

So uh, how does this gem thing work anyway?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Divine Font in Lab can turn regular-rear end skill gems ("<skill>") into Transfigured gems ("<skill> of <something>"). Most common option is random one of the same color, giving you 3 choices (or taking your input gem back, eating up the Divine Font use). In Merc and up you might get the option to turn a gem into one of its Transfigured versions and iirc for ones with multiple versions (for example, Penance Brand has "of Dissipation" [:rip:] and "of Conduction") it's even weighting for which one you get. Quality and XP are retained. Definitely behooves you to level up gems off-hand so you have stuff available when you run Lab.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 27, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Divine Font in Lab can turn regular-rear end skill gems ("<skill>") into Transfigured gems ("<skill> of <something>"). Most common option is random one of the same color, giving you 3 choices (or taking your input gem back, eating up the Divine Font use). In Merc and up you might get the option to turn a gem into one of its Transfigured versions and iirc for ones with multiple versions (for example, Penance Brand has "of Dissipation" [:rip:] and "of Conduction") it's even weighting for which one you get. Quality and XP are retained. Definitely behooves you to level up gems off-hand so you have stuff available when you run Lab.

Ugh. I was lab runner guy last league. Hopefully this isn’t a requirement because I’m tired of izaro (sp?) and his buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Edit

Imagine I circled the cell above the cell I circled