Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Operatives strongboxes gone, apparently moved to scarabs or something, he thinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Max one warcry on the new auto-support gem.

Not lookin good for melee

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Lol, I feel like Mark just gave an answer about melee that was what Balor said last year, just nicer. https://clips.twitch.tv/AcceptableFaintChinchillaPeteZaroll-yHxQ-_Umfo5TgjhL

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stuff like “chance to create a Mirrored copy” or “chance to Fracture an item” can stack above 100%, so you could in theory make a 6 Fractured mod item

Huh

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Cant decide if its a good thing or a bad thing im going away for a week on the 1st.

Hopefully by the time I get back, all the expensive poo poo I need will be cheaper.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

Stuff like “chance to create a Mirrored copy” or “chance to Fracture an item” can stack above 100%, so you could in theory make a 6 Fractured mod item

Huh

Example given was if you had 120% chance to create a Mirrored copy, you get 1 Mirrored copy, 20% chance at a 2nd.

Creating a 6 Fractured item would just be a total flex move.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

xZAOx posted:

Lol, I feel like Mark just gave an answer about melee that was what Balor said last year, just nicer. https://clips.twitch.tv/AcceptableFaintChinchillaPeteZaroll-yHxQ-_Umfo5TgjhL

I mean, that's an enormous failure of game design on GGG's part but not like... anything new. or that they seem interested in fixing.

Speaking of which, what are the good league starters if I want something relaxed after Last Epoch got me interested in the genre again? DD looks really good but it'll require chain-farming merc lab for a bit, right?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Example given was if you had 120% chance to create a Mirrored copy, you get 1 Mirrored copy, 20% chance at a 2nd.

Creating a 6 Fractured item would just be a total flex move.

can't wait for the empyrian meme museum, a full gear set of 6 fractured mod items all divined to have rolled +7

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

shimmy shimmy posted:

Speaking of which, what are the good league starters if I want something relaxed after Last Epoch got me interested in the genre again? DD looks really good but it'll require chain-farming merc lab for a bit, right?

RF is pretty chill, and Pohx just posted his 3.24 video.

Aye Doc posted:

can't wait for the empyrian meme museum, a full gear set of 6 fractured mod items all divined to have rolled +7

Uh, that's not how Fractured mods or Necropolis crafting work.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Setec_Astronomy posted:

For the people not planning to play one of these builds, are there any items this points to being particularly valuable to craft or filter for (obviously fractured high tier mana on certain bases, but beyond that)? Any flasks that I should be looking to preferentially craft to sell to these builds?

One stage of the build needs life reservation efficiency rings. You can also look up Conner's vid on crafting attribute stygian vise belts and maybe make a profit off them or an ingredient

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Was poking around youtube and saw Ziz has an updated 3.24 guide for his EA Champ in which he leads off by saying the build got a buff this patch, but I didn't catch what the buff actually is.

Was there a notable buff to EA and/or Champion?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Infernal cry covered in ash auto I would guess.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ah ok, so its the QoL kinda stuff got it

I have league started EA Elementalist before and it was the best most capable league starter I've done yet. Not sure about doing EA again but it's old reliable for a reason.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chance to ignite tattoos also

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

shimmy shimmy posted:

I mean, that's an enormous failure of game design on GGG's part but not like... anything new. or that they seem interested in fixing.

I think they're interested in fixing, it's just as he said - them trying to fix it led to PoE2.

They just think PoE1 is too fast these days to make melee feel good.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

bawfuls posted:

Was poking around youtube and saw Ziz has an updated 3.24 guide for his EA Champ in which he leads off by saying the build got a buff this patch, but I didn't catch what the buff actually is.

Was there a notable buff to EA and/or Champion?

He mentions it a minute into the video, he's a big fan of Automation support linked with Enduring Cry to patch up the sustain and give endurance charges.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

graynull posted:

I'm at the stage of league start indecision in which I genuinely just hosed around with "What if I did Blight CWC and like all the chaos dots". Time to take a break and regroup.

time to go full circle back to reinventing chaos slinger from scratch, then ditching it because it still sucks

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
rip chaos slinger, one of the funnest leveling builds that has ever existed

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

LibrarianCroaker posted:

He mentions it a minute into the video, he's a big fan of Automation support linked with Enduring Cry to patch up the sustain and give endurance charges.

Just make every attack into flicker strike.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They nuked seismic cry and completely gutted that whole play style idk if the game is too fast or whatever. I still don’t think they know they killed seismic cry

3.15 was a weird time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Someone give me a witch starter that isn't EAB.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ignite DD

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
New tech that I thought of that's probably stupid: instead of scaling prismatic burst, block your attack element w the jewel and think of it as elemental equilibrium support when you grab the keystone.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Cold snap of power
Frostbolts of ice nova
barrage arrow mirror arrow

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

what's a better bosser EA or ignite DD?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3497686

Gemdata is out

edit: am I reading Kinetic Blast of Clustering right that it can't split, but it CAN pierce/fork/chain? But also I noticed the "adds 15% of Max Man as Physical Damage" line on it, so Hierophant KB builds? I don't know enough about Wander playstyles to tell.

Keru fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 27, 2024

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

shield charge ignite with the sacred wisps wand (do not do this)

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
10,000 mana as 1500 flat phys damage on a proj that can fork and chain is crazy good

Also: league starting pconc is confirmed bait unless you plan to switch skills. They nerfed it bigly

wemgo fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 27, 2024

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

That KB is probably real good in a squire 12L, if wands even have enough attack mods I can't remember.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Keru posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3497686

Gemdata is out

edit: am I reading Kinetic Blast of Clustering right that it can't split, but it CAN pierce/fork/chain? But also I noticed the "adds 15% of Max Man as Physical Damage" line on it, so Hierophant KB builds? I don't know enough about Wander playstyles to tell.

Yea KB of clustering could be pretty sweet, fork and split are different functions so fork should work? And the new wisp support could help make it feel less fiddly with only having "one" proj. Also it's phys damage rather than the usual lightning damage from mana, which has wider scaling implications. Hatred immediately comes to mind if you cold convert. Also also, with all that flat damage, your wand's base damage matters less so you could use something like the new unique that was teased lol

New Ele Hit is kinda cool, too. Notably the area damage component of this one has a base radius of 1.5 vs. the 1.0 of standard Ele Hit.

e: Also new KB got somewhat similar wording to reworked Archmage. "Deals added physical damage equal to 15% of maximum mana." Not unreserved mana. Not mana cost of the skill. Just max mana, whereas new Archmage is "% of unreserved maximum mana".

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 27, 2024

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, archmage builds have to reserve auras with life. Always have.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Uh oh, I think I'm getting baited by that new Holy Relic gem...

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
New scarabs: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3497694

edit: oh my god

I want them to be like unreasonably huge.

Keru fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 27, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So the Shaper and Elder Scarabs still exist so SSF people can farm for Influenced items and...that's gotta be the only reason, right?

Domination Shrine of Teachings new alt character meta?

Betrayal Scarab of Perpetuation + rush Catarina for Veiled Orbs = get paid?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah, KB of Clustering looks like it has potential, and the new ballista could also be pretty good?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

So that "of glittering" scarab is utterly insane, right? Isn't that more than a decked out MF character would get currently, and all you have to do is just keep killing.

Seems like the scarabs really want you to just stack them and go hard on one mech, wonder what you're going to do with all the atlas points that don't go to that one mechanic.

God help me I'm going to get baited by ritual once again because those scarabs seem insanely strong.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The price of the giga scarabs will be based around groups and not worth running alone. Poe.txt

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

wemgo posted:

Max one warcry on the new auto-support gem.

Not lookin good for melee

Well this change was a disaster. I was considering league starting something using warcries. How silly of me.

Wand mana stacker looks interesting.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jean Eric Burn posted:

The price of the giga scarabs will be based around groups and not worth running alone. Poe.txt

Ssf stays winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I’m feeling minions. Going to try chaos (and if the nearby works, mirage archer bow) SHR and maybe switch out to phaze’s lightning skellies.