Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I sold a sceptre for 8ex that I got from doing a random reforge with more likely caster mods. (It had an open mod slot as well, I think had I crafted on it it would've been worth even more.) That sceptre caused a few people to be mad at me over it as well lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

totalnewbie posted:

Zana missions don't benefit from atlas passives or, I'm guessing, watchstones.

Yeah, the rationale behind this is that you're using Zana's atlas, exactly the same as if you were running a map with another player with a completely blank atlas.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Do you get atlas completion when you run another player's maps? I realise I've never actually done that

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

Do you get atlas completion when you run another player's maps? I realise I've never actually done that

Yup - I routinely share completion with friends in the first month or two of leagues. We pop out and join for bosses usually, so we progress more maps more quickly. We all don't have much playtime so we're usually somewhat (or very) behind the curve so the little boost helps.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Definitely leeched/provided leeching on Atlas/Awakening completion many a time.

BTW, which one of you jerks was the one that was perma-freezing Vinktar boss last night, making the fight 10x longer than it needed to be? :argh:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whypick1 posted:

Definitely leeched/provided leeching on Atlas/Awakening completion many a time.

BTW, which one of you jerks was the one that was perma-freezing Vinktar boss last night, making the fight 10x longer than it needed to be? :argh:

lol, that was pretty funny.

(No, it wasn't me, it was Something-ColdSnap-Something)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SynthesisAlpha posted:

You could have just as easily ended up with a pile of useless cluster jewels and no alteration orbs. Better idea would be to burn your Harvest rerolls!

I do that too

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I killed a Valdo's Rest harbinger group in a double beyond map and there was so much crap on the ground that if I pressed alt to show all items the game froze for almost a second.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Peewi posted:

I killed a Valdo's Rest harbinger group in a double beyond map and there was so much crap on the ground that if I pressed alt to show all items the game froze for almost a second.

Same, except when I pressed Alt nothing happened because I was staring at my desktop

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

So this new crimson township map is something.

I died to its degen thing. Didn't know about having to kill monsters on the side or something to stop it.

After dying I now instantly die when I re-enter the arena.

That's fun I guess

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not sure to whom this might be useful, but:

Southbound prevents your Gen Cry mirages to kill things with hits, but not with dots from said hits (bleed, ignite, etc).

Maybe that means they can proc Explode Chest that way if the dot counts as coming from you, as apparently that's a known interaction with this sort of stuff.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm free!

Playtime doesn't include a One With Nothing Infernal Blow Raider I messed around with for a few hours as well, but I did every challenge on my BF/BB Chieftain except the Sepulchre Boss Bleeding Conditional.

Overall thoughts in no particular order:

- This was a very strong expansion overall and I think Maven is a great addition to the game.
- The extra time they took on this League really shows and I hope they stick to this schedule long term.
- Ritual was fine but got boring kind of quickly -- by the end I was skipping them because it was so rare to get a good item in them and having to slow down for each altar felt like a chore after having done it hundreds of times. Great initially and for gearing up lowbies though.
- The Ritual bases challenge and the "Do these four Vesseled Bosses in the same Map" challenge were both terrible. Bases because they were so rare until they changed it, and the bosses one both because it was a total crapshoot getting a ritual to spawn in the boss room and because a number of them were bugged.
- BF/BB didn't feel anywhere near as broken as my Storm Brand Hiero back in Metamorph, but I hit 98 with him right at the end of my challenge runs and my Hiero was stuck at 95 so overall I think he was a much better character even if he killed a little slower.
- The new maps are cool and, assuming they're from PoE2, have me excited for it when it finally comes out.
- I'm glad Harvest went core, because I thought Harvest was completely bonkers broken, but I think they need to buff a lot of the older content because Harvest feels like such a stronger choice to run/farm than anything else in the game right now.
- I hope they mix up the Atlas passives from League to League, both in terms of what they do and what regions get what types of content.
- The Ritualist Hideout is cool and Hideouts as a reward feel a lot better than back attachments and helmets.
- One league, I will get a Headhunter. This was not that League.
- I have no idea what to play now that I can finally take a break from PoE.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Aerox posted:

- The extra time they took on this League really shows and I hope they stick to this schedule long term.

- The new maps are cool and, assuming they're from PoE2, have me excited for it when it finally comes out.

They are not, they already said so. There's no way they will ever swap to anything other than a 3 month schedule unless the game starts completely failing. It makes for a better league but it makes for worse money, so it's not a surprise which they will choose.

Also man, almost every new map is loving awful. The ones with good layouts have terrible bosses, and several of them have some of the worst layouts I have ever seen (Grave Trough)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Erulisse posted:

I'm okay with every map that exists.
But Mao Kun.

I loving seriously hope they made the map idea's author account flagged 'only runs mao kun, regardless what map he slots into the device, it's mao kun. Conquerors? Mao Kun. Atoll? Mao Kun. MoC? MAO loving KUN YOU DUMB BITCH ENJOY YOUR loving CREATION YOU SICK BASTARD MORON'.

ps i hate pillars of arun too but i ran it on one of my earlier chars so maybe thats why it felt bad, gotta rerun.

I would gladly be forced to play a profitable as gently caress map. Lmao.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Id rather run mao kun than oba's trove or pillars of aaron

its lame that they removed the jump scare noise from oba's trove though, that map just has zero personality now

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Cinara posted:

They are not, they already said so. There's no way they will ever swap to anything other than a 3 month schedule unless the game starts completely failing. It makes for a better league but it makes for worse money, so it's not a surprise which they will choose.

Also man, almost every new map is loving awful. The ones with good layouts have terrible bosses, and several of them have some of the worst layouts I have ever seen (Grave Trough)

I guess I kind of forgot about most of them except Silo, which is now the Best Map in the Game.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Aerox posted:

I guess I kind of forgot about most of them except Silo, which is now the Best Map in the Game.

has a phased boss fight and is therefore trash

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

SynthesisAlpha posted:

:emptyquote:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Also I opened a twinned forked river once. Basically stopped running that map afterwards

Maybe since it got like 5 lines in the last patch I'll check it out now that I'm playing a tankier character

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
List of new maps I didn't hate completely:

Frozen Cabins - Still kinda lovely because of the switches but at least's it's linear and fast boss
Cold River - Giant open map, similar to Dunes in a lot of ways, boss can be hard on a weak character though
Crimson Township - Linear and easy boss, but 100% sucks if your build can't delete him instantly

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Maven knows what I like in a boss fight. No phases! Kitava just sits there taking damage and he can't do nothing about it :twisted:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Oh yeah Cold River reminded me- if they have lines for Solaris and Lunaris why not put them in the act 8 fight?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the entire point is to maximize reusing assets to give you something that passes as new and give you the element of surprise, idk.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

all of the new maps are a welcome addition after heist

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Elentor posted:

I think the entire point is to maximize reusing assets to give you something that passes as new and give you the element of surprise, idk.

Oh for sure, I just feel like a little more thought could be put into some of them. I love having more tilesets and variety, but it defeats the point when I never want to open the map again after running it once. Visually most of the new maps are fantastic, which I guess is why I am disappointed in so many of them. It does feel a bit weird though that some are almost certainly PoE2 bosses and that feels like a bit of a spoiler to me. I would have rather seen those for the first time playing through the new campaign.

Things like how Grave Trough is full of giant walls that split up areas so much you can't even get across them with a movement skill so it feels like clearing an indoor but still has the monster density of an outdoor one. Or how Bramble Valley has all 3 Harvest bosses as a single boss, becoming the ultimate phased boss that takes forever and is ultra dangerous to weaker characters. Why isn't it just a single random Harvest boss, or really just 3 maps each with one of them to get even more out of the assets.

At least Forking River boss got nerfed, that thing was beyond overtuned. Though it's still WAY too difficult to be a tier 3 map, it is more mechanics heavy than most guardians it just lacks the HP to be a big issue.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
If you play its voice lines backwards it says "Looking for Baal?"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Demonachizer FTMFW

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
I'm playing an ele hit deadeye and it just felt like I was slaming my dick in a door tonight. I don't have a Farrul's Fur yet because I can't afford it and I can't do things that make money at a reasonable pace without occasionally wanting to quit and uninstall. T14 maps are okay damage wise but god forbid I make a single error (or have a tiny bit of latency) as I'll instantly die. Doesn't help that I just had a CTD 3 inches from the escape route on a major heist to end the night. I almost want to reroll at this point but I was hoping to at least build some currency with this character as a league starter and I have only made like 4 ex.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/teh_llama/characters

tehllama fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 11, 2021

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Arrhythmia posted:

Demonachizer FTMFW

yea, that was loving nuts :sickos:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Reroll max dodge ball lightning ascendant? Pathfinder and hiero. Good life &mana regen, 48% mom. I've only done a few t16's. Most expensive piece was boots 50c. Otherwise I divined/blessed/jeweled/linked all my gear. 120k phys ehp and spell 300k+. Don't have to be casting all the time since balls do damage for a sec or two in bossfights.

This has been the #1 cheapest build I've ever played this successfully. By successful I mean not dying all the time while mapping.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
Does anyone know which spectres this build is using?

There are a ton of weird hybrids using these exact same links, just wanna know if it’s something spicy

E: nvm I’m on mobile and can’t get the link to work. There are a bunch of aura stacker necros doing 5l Carrion Golems in the helm with 6L spectres. the links are Spectre-GMP-Vicious Proj-Brutality-Minion Damage-Impale if anyone knows offhand

Jeep fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 11, 2021

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Jeep posted:

Does anyone know which spectres this build is using?

There are a ton of weird hybrids using these exact same links, just wanna know if it’s something spicy

E: nvm I’m on mobile and can’t get the link to work. There are a bunch of aura stacker necros doing 5l Carrion Golems in the helm with 6L spectres. the links are Spectre-GMP-Vicious Proj-Brutality-Minion Damage-Impale if anyone knows offhand

I would guess Syndicate Operatives

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Demonachizer FTMFW

Indeed. One heck off a guy

Today was pretty solid

- Nailed an Auspicious Valdo’ as watchstone in probably ~2.5ex worth of alts (they’re trading for ~15 ex atm)
- Stumbled upon Krillson fish dude for the first time ever. Kinda sucks he just disappears if you move too far away
- Got two raw ex drops in back to back maps on top of a loooot of ancient/ex orbs from these sweet sweet harby runs

I think this is gonna be the league I finally save up for a HH. I wanna see if I can pivot into fractured delirium maps with my penance guy when I do.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

I am not a Deadeye expert but that build does not look like something I would recommend a newer player start out a league with. Bad, or at least misadvertised, forums guides are a horrible blight on the new player experience.

Having started over from a Bleed Deadeye to an Arc Elementalist, I am having a much better go of things.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
The map with switches in each corner, like the reliquary, and Core with Malachi are trashhhhh.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i forgot how shitass basilica is and ran it again today. love to fight a boss who not only has multiple phases but his phases have phases and on top of that has adds with proximity shields. gently caress off forever basilica.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grave trough is linear. Just go around the edge and then blitz through the middle

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Had some Hunter Sorc Boots drop from my first Sirus, but they’re only Ilvl 83. Should I:

A) vend them
B) stuff them in my dump sales tab
C) use them for rando Defense rolls in Harvest
D) something else?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Keep if you want to woke orb your own boots (tailwind I guess) otherwise sell/vend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Tailwind is incredibly hard to hit. If they didn't come with it, you're better off vendoring it. 83s can't get 35% movespeed or T1 resists either.

edit: to be specific, Tailwind is 75 weight in a pool of 54,100. You have a 0.099% chance of getting it on an alteration.