Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Every league, big-rear end thundercubes seems less like a parody and more like a prediction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Setec_Astronomy posted:

<cluster jewel stuff>

One thing to add for clarity for OP: Level 50-74 cluster jewels have value if someone only cares about Notables. Notables have ilvl requirements of either 1, 50, 68 or 75, and the small passive mod tiers have ilvls of 1/68/84.

Let's say I want a Large Lightning Damage jewel with Sadist, Snowstorm and Doryani's Lesson. The highest ilvl of those 3 is 68. An ilvl 84 jewel would have a total mod weight of 11636 for prefixes, 15377 for suffixes. At ilvl 68 that goes down to 9446 (-18.8%) / 11827 (-23.1%). Pretty big difference.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
GY crafting a blizz crown finally going a bit better ; the last 30% ele damage essence I had sitting in my stash hit the t1 spell crit chance I wanted :D now just have to figure out what I want to put on the prefixes and bench craft on phys taken as.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Setec_Astronomy posted:

The short answer is using this page: https://poe.ninja/economy/necropolis/cluster-jewels

The longer answer is that the majority of cluster jewels that you would drop in T16 maps are worthless, with only a few mid-value exceptions. You can see this by filtering the page above for "Level: 75" (because this is the largest level breakpoint below ilvl 83, which is what almost all T16-dropped cluster jewels will be).

ilvl 50-74 and ilvl 84 cluster jewels can be worth much more. The former are most easily obtained by 5-to-1 vendoring cluster jewels of the same size (large/med/small) and rarity (either rare or magic) where at least one of the jewels is ilvl50-74. This is probably a lucrative thing to do (drop a bunch of cheapo ilvl83 clusters and 5-to-1 them repeatedly with a single low level cluster) but would be very boring. ilvl 84 clusters primarily come from T17's and there are a bunch that are 20-50c and a few jackpots including the ~8d 3-passive reservation efficiency jewels which drop every 3-4 maps if you're juicing the strategy.

When valuing a cluster jewel, three things matter:
- The item level, as discussed above
- The "type" of the jewel (e.g. medium w/ projectile damage)
- The number of passives

For the number of passives, generally 9-10 passive large clusters are worthless. Certain 8-passive and 12-passive large jewels can be quite valuable depending on the other 2 factors. For medium jewels, 4 and 5 passives have the same value.

IDK much about crafting cluster jewels for profit but maybe someone else can describe some strats there.

super helpful thanks

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Kind of a weird question but at ~4k hp should I trade 100 hp for +43% damage while leeching because that seems like a pretty enormous damage bump (since I am always leeching). Slightly less hp would make it easier to swap out of my helm to a rare with suppression on it which would be nice and also +43% damage is pretty huge. I'd be getting rid of the benchcrafted +life for the betrayal leech thing but I'm not sure how much i'll "feel" -100 hp.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 30, 2024

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Kind of a weird question but at ~4k hp should I trade 100 hp for +43% damage while leeching because that seems like a pretty enormous damage bump (since I am always leeching). Slightly less hp would make it easier to swap out of my helm to a rare with suppression on it which would be nice and also +43% damage is pretty huge. I'd be getting rid of the benchcrafted +life for the betrayal leech thing but I'm not sure how much i'll "feel" -100 hp.

Whats the cost of the switch, and can you switch back?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

NPR Journalizard posted:

Whats the cost of the switch, and can you switch back?

Not much. Likely several exalts to hit 43% on the bench (it's a veiled mod). Very little to switch back to life. Yes, I can switch back. It's a benchcraft.
Ok it's more like 150 life but I hit 42% damage buff so I'll see how that feels I guess.

E: Bonus damage feels REALLY good. I'm noticeably squishier by a little but everything just dies instantly so it's worth the tradeoff I guess. If I'm going to be a glass cannon, I might as well lean into it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 30, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah damage while leeching is solid for SS. You don't get the effect while you're on full health but between blood rage/lifetap you're basically never on full health. It's totally legit to sacrifice a little life for keeping Precise Technique turned on too

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

goferchan posted:

Yeah damage while leeching is solid for SS. You don't get the effect while you're on full health but between blood rage/lifetap you're basically never on full health. It's totally legit to sacrifice a little life for keeping Precise Technique turned on too

Excellent. I tried it vs a couple bosses and Sirus died almost instantly so I think I'm gonna roll with this for now. I may eventually buy a bunch of exalts and spam reroll for that last 1% but I'm happy for now. This feels more like my SRS character where poo poo just dies instantly before it even gets to me. I think what I want is a double corrupted lioneye plate with health and +2 projectile damage on it (this won't ever happen) and a rare helm with suppression and reservation on it. I could swap back to fury valve and DPS would go even higher.

I feel like this is where this build turned a corner from "good damage but not enough and too squishy" to "crazy damage, too squishy". I'm sad I never got to do the tornado shot deadeye thing that got nerfed into oblivion. That was totally going to be my build this league before I got the news.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 30, 2024

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Frank Frank posted:

Excellent. I tried it vs a couple bosses and Sirus died almost instantly so I think I'm gonna roll with this for now. I may eventually buy a bunch of exalts and spam reroll for that last 1% but I'm happy for now. This feels more like my SRS character where poo poo just dies instantly before it even gets to me. I think what I want is a double corrupted lioneye plate with health and +2 projectile damage on it (this won't ever happen) and a rare helm with suppression and reservation on it. I could swap back to fury valve and DPS would go even higher.

I feel like this is where this build turned a corner from "good damage but not enough and too squishy" to "crazy damage, too squishy". I'm sad I never got to do the tornado shot deadeye thing that got nerfed into oblivion. That was totally going to be my build this league before I got the news.

Elemental hit bow has been insane this league with the 6 T1 tri elemental bows being like 7d at most instead of a mirror.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Nimis plus a 6 T1 ele-bow is pretty nuts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Empy did a bunch of seer farming and said it was basically completely loving worthless

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Captain Foo posted:

Empy did a bunch of seer farming and said it was basically completely loving worthless

Counterpoint: I have seen three seers this league and one of them had a Mageblood.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The trick to nameless seer is just be lucky, I don't know why they choose to be unlucky instead.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not to rain on your parade, but by switching in 43% increased damage while leeching you gained a whooping 3.8% more damage.

Have you finally linked Molten Shell with CWDT? If not, there is your survivability issue

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

really stupid question but: does CODT molten shell protect against one shots?

As in, will the molten shell activate on the calculated damage taken before the damage is applied?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Mikojan posted:

really stupid question but: does CODT molten shell protect against one shots?

As in, will the molten shell activate on the calculated damage taken before the damage is applied?

It doesnt, which makes it a bad choice for some fights and strategies, like tanking Shaper slams or Sirus meteors

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wuxi posted:

Not to rain on your parade, but by switching in 43% increased damage while leeching you gained a whooping 3.8% more damage.

Have you finally linked Molten Shell with CWDT? If not, there is your survivability issue

Really? Must just be confirmation bias then. Oh well, I'll switch the gloves back to +life then. I can't link molten shell to CWDT because I don't have the mana unfortunately. I would need a mana reservation helm (ideally one with eldritch + implicit reservation) and that'd probably do the trick but alas...

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Really? Must just be confirmation bias then. Oh well, I'll switch the gloves back to +life then. I can't link molten shell to CWDT because I don't have the mana unfortunately. I would need a mana reservation helm (ideally one with eldritch + implicit reservation) and that'd probably do the trick but alas...

Remove the enhance, which is just 4% increased attack speed, and use lifetap

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Vulpes posted:

Counterpoint: I have seen three seers this league and one of them had a Mageblood.

Same

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I've had three seers this league and was only able to find one of them in the map. I swear there's some bug with them, but I have no idea how to duplicate. I've also had rituals bug out and not be able to be started at all. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the scarab that has a 15% chance to turn a pack into an atlas boss. Maybe the converted pack doesn't count towards seer completion? Or the ritual doesn't know how to handle a converted pack?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

spawning the seers is weird, you don't just have to kill the pack, you also have to get close enough for the seer to appear. I think its like the chests in the Mao-kun map

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Reddit was reporting some weirdness with putting Seer spawns on a low density pack and then him not showing up because that pack type just didn't get generated or something. I got seer 3 or 4 times in red maps and got mostly garbage - I think my best hit was a decently rolled Fourth Vow that sold for like 50c or something. It is a fun a gamba mechanic that shows up every once in a while, though.

Looks like divine prices are recovering for some reason? Went to bed at ~100 last night and this morning they are already up over 130. Kicking myself for not converting my ~6500c over the last couple of days but I also kind of don't super care because I think I'm about done with the league. Just trying to decide if I give a poo poo about cleaning up another ~15 challenges and I think the answer is no because the rewards are pretty trash.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The rewards for this league challenges are “Do you want to look like a trade golem?”

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm fed up with my league starter build, but it's lovely and any currency I've made I've mostly spent on trying to make it less lovely. Are there any decent other builds that will allow me to at least get the Voidstones done, clear T16 maps without strong rares and map bosses taking ages to kill, and is relatively inexpensive to get going?

This was the build I league started with, and it still sucks even after like 50 divs worth of gear

https://maxroll.gg/poe/build-guides/wave-of-conviction-elementalist-league-starter

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

poemdexter posted:

The rewards for this league challenges are “Do you want to look like a trade golem?”

You can make trash rain from the sky so that’s nice

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bardeh posted:

I'm fed up with my league starter build, but it's lovely and any currency I've made I've mostly spent on trying to make it less lovely. Are there any decent other builds that will allow me to at least get the Voidstones done, clear T16 maps without strong rares and map bosses taking ages to kill, and is relatively inexpensive to get going?

This was the build I league started with, and it still sucks even after like 50 divs worth of gear

https://maxroll.gg/poe/build-guides/wave-of-conviction-elementalist-league-starter
Other solid Elementalist starters include Explosive Arrow (totem build) and Ignite Detonate Dead

Check those out and see if they interest you, you could switch with a bit of a respec and some gear swapping around. Hell you can probably recycle some of the gear you already have.

DD play style can be a bit of an acquired taste. I found EA better for bossing personally because it gives more time for dodging crap while keeping damage up.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 30, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Decided to face to total degeneracy and upgrade my build to use The Adorned. Behold the most expensive thing I have ever crafted:

Bardeh posted:

CoC DD is the "do everything on zero budget" build that will probably have piles of cheap-rear end hand-me-down gear available by now.

A friend started the same build as you and also had a lovely time. IDK why the build feels as bad as it does; ignite elementalist used to be really comfy.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
How are those jewels crafted? Three implicits is kinda nutty.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'm pretty sure you either buy a jewel pre-synthed, or just slam harvest synth on jewels until it hits 3 implicits, then inevitably face towards vivid vulture spam to hit actually useful implicits, then it's just boring old alt/aug spam. Also usually you'd fossil craft a 4th implicit "sells for more to vendors" so you can use the hinekora's lock on magic beastcraft to replace it with a vaal implicit.

J
Jun 10, 2001

poemdexter posted:

How are those jewels crafted? Three implicits is kinda nutty.

1. Acquire a synth jewel, these can have 1 to 3 implicits. You can either buy a base, or synth one yourself with harvest. Usually synthing it via harvest only gives 1 implicit mod, but rarely you can get 2 or 3 mods.
2. If one of the implicits is one you want to keep, then use a craicic chimeral to imprint.
3. Use vivid vultures to reroll the synth implicits. If the vulture rerolls an implicit you wanted to keep, restore the imprint and re-imprint. This is often called "vulture prison" or "bird prison" for people really trying to minmax the implicits. Repeat until happy with the implicits. You can flush infinite currency down the toilet doing this.
4. Once happy with the implicits use gilded fossil to add "sells for more to vendors" implicit. This is so a corruption implicit can overwrite the fossil implicit instead of overwriting one of the synth implicits. I'm actually not sure if you're supposed to do this before the vulture part or if it even matters.
5. Alt/aug/divine the explicit mods.
6. Use the black morrigan craft to hinekora's lock the jewel.
7. Check the outcome of a vaal orb. If bad, use a blessed orb to remove the lock. Re-blessed the implicits back to perfect, then use another black morrigan to lock the jewel and repeat until you hit a good vaal orb. Note that the implicits must have a numerical range on them to be able to use a blessed orb to clear the lock. If they don't, you have to use a divine orb to clear the lock and then re-divine the explicits too.

The adorned increased effect works on jewel implicits, so these kinda jewels are crazy good.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Jesus that sounds like a good way to burn through currency to get something decent.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

In the case of this particular jewel, I did the following:

1) Buy a jewel with the Global Crit Multi / Avoid Stun synth implicits for 30d.
2) Gilded fossil for "Sell for Much More To Vendors" implicit. Scour and transmute to make magic.
3) Alt/aug/annul spam until I hit Mana and one of the 2 Crit Multi suffixes I wanted. This was about 7d of Alt/Aug/Annuls in total (I was unlucky here; should be more like 4-5d on average).
4) Divine to "decent" rolls (10% mana, 14% crit multi).
5) Repeatedly:
- Hinekora's Lock using Craicic Chimeral + Black Morrigan. I farmed my own Morrigans and yellow beasts from the scarab (cheap). Bought Craicic Chimerals for 1.3-1.5 apiece.
- Check with a Vaal Orb whether it would replace "Sells for Much More To Vendors" with some other valuable implicit.
- If no, check with a Divine Orb whether it would perfectly divine (did so after a few tries)
- If neither of the above, use a Blessed Orb to remove the lock, then Bless until perfect implicits again.

I did step 5 ~20 times to the tune of ~30d. Would have been happy to hit any of ele pen/lightning pen/aoe/damage/ailment effect/crit chance/corrupted blood immunity or maaayybe curse effect, which made the overall chance of success about 1-in-30 (9.5% chance to hit one of those implicits times 1-out-of-3 to overwrite the right implicit) so I did quite a bit better than expectation.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Bardeh posted:

If you go the CoC DD route lemme know, I'll give you my gear.

Forcing myself to be done with this league :v:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Adorned minmaxing is probably one of the most expensive things you can do in this game right now, while still having it be actually meaningful.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hit level 100 finally :toot:
Now I can hopefully have fun doing something that isn't breach/shrine mapping.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

time to reroll

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

If you go the CoC DD route lemme know, I'll give you my gear.

Forcing myself to be done with this league :v:

If he doesn't want it I'd take your gear, I'm in the same position but with RF inquis. I have a DD CoC alt right now but struggling to gear around yellow maps

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

time to reroll

I've seen things you exiles wouldn't believe... Lakes of fire in the dreams of Kaom. I've watched Azurite glitter in the depths near the town of Highgate. All these moments will be lost, like a hardcore character in a reflect map. Time to reroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

poemdexter posted:

Jesus that sounds like a good way to burn through currency to get something decent.

That's why a very similar process for this wand craft cost so drat much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7GJAOWiQJI