Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
My TR character just used thief's torment. Probably not ideal but the lgoh was great

e: it did shaper very comfortably fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Interesting, I focused on chaos damage, life and dot damage on jewels while you focused on aoe and attack speed

Wonder which one is more ideal

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I just made it to the epilogue for the first time. Is there a good starter guide on what to do now that I'm there?

Alternatively here's a Path of Building link if people have gear suggestions or whatever https://pastebin.com/xUf3ggWC

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

While we're sharing TR builds, I guess I'll share mine - https://pastebin.com/AfbAVpsH

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Trickster ignores all your mana issues. Going with Thief’s Torment means isn’t ideal, because you only get back mana at two moments: the initial hit from the spore pod arrow landing (low frequency of occurrence, as the initial arrow has a tiny hurtbox, and the final AoE explosion (delayed). Also, going TT puts a lot of suffix and prefix pressure on you, as rings are a great source of resists and life.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I want to get the crafting challenges, but I'll have to spend multiple ex on resonators/fossils. Is there some cunning crafting trick to do it profitably, or at least with a decent chance of not being a huge loss?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Arivia posted:

I just made it to the epilogue for the first time. Is there a good starter guide on what to do now that I'm there?

Alternatively here's a Path of Building link if people have gear suggestions or whatever https://pastebin.com/xUf3ggWC

Follow Zana's storyline, essentially. Up until beating Shaper should be achievable by most builds - beating Uber Elder, not so much. If you're in league, keep delving down until you see all three bosses.

There's also plenty of optional content (getting a full atlas, doing the Prophecy/Breach/Harbinger/Abyss league bosses) you can take a look at doing.

In terms of your character I don't know much about that build, but easy upgrades:
- get a corrupted 5-link (or even 6-link) with the right colors. It's better than a Tabula!
- rub a transmutation on that quicksilver flask!
- you don't seem to be using all available gem slots. check your build guide for any suggestions they use, but easy and obvious upgrades would be: getting a golem, getting a cast when damage taken + immortal call setup, getting a good movement skill linked with Fortify and Faster Attacks (maybe even Blood Magic to deal with no-regen maps)

You can check out similar characters to yours on https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Raider&skill=Frost-Blades to get some ideas.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

I want to get the crafting challenges, but I'll have to spend multiple ex on resonators/fossils. Is there some cunning crafting trick to do it profitably, or at least with a decent chance of not being a huge loss?

I have the same question; I need to buy one of the 100c+ fossils (only one) to finish the 20 fossil challenge. Is there a base / combination that gives me a good shot at a return? I threw some other fossils at a pair of boots (speed, white socket, life) and ended up with something sellable which was nice. I've got a 4s resonator I can use to help with the roll since I need to use that as well.

My current working idea is a hollow (abyss socket) fossil, speed fossil, life fossil, and something else on a pair of boots?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ledif posted:

I have the same question; I need to buy one of the 100c+ fossils (only one) to finish the 20 fossil challenge. Is there a base / combination that gives me a good shot at a return? I threw some other fossils at a pair of boots (speed, white socket, life) and ended up with something sellable which was nice. I've got a 4s resonator I can use to help with the roll since I need to use that as well.

My current working idea is a hollow (abyss socket) fossil, speed fossil, life fossil, and something else on a pair of boots?

Did one of them jump in price? Last time I checked you only had to grab a 30c fossil as your most expensive one.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ledif posted:

Hollow + dense + sanctified fossil on a hubris with a good enchant is what I did

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Holyshoot posted:

Did one of them jump in price? Last time I checked you only had to grab a 30c fossil as your most expensive one.

I got the achievement a few weeks ago, but at the time there was at least one that was like 80-100c.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

I looked on https://poe.ninja/challenge/fossils and unless I didn't count right, I need one of the top 6. It was definitely cheaper earlier in the league though, so one must have jumped up (tangled?).

TheRat posted:

Hollow + dense + sanctified fossil on a hubris with a good enchant is what I did

What are ES builds likely to want enchanted on their helm? Seems like it won't be too bad to resell the base if the craft whiffs so it isn't a bad bet since the payoff for a good roll is probably massive.

edit: I'm on DSC

Ledif fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 23, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ledif posted:

What are ES builds likely to want enchanted on their helm? Seems like it won't be too bad to resell the base if the craft whiffs so it isn't a bad bet since the payoff for a good roll is probably massive.

Scourge arrow, blade flurry, molten strike, blade vortex, volatile dead, arc, glacial cascade

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

TheRat posted:

Scourge arrow, blade flurry, molten strike, blade vortex, volatile dead, arc, glacial cascade

Thanks - I'll pick a hubris with one up and toss my resonator at it. Since I'm adding a 4th fossil, can I improve my shot at a good roll with something or should I just toss a perfect for quality in the mix as well as the sanctified? This is going to be one stupidly expensive resonator I'm sure will not pay off, but it isn't like I'm using the currency anyways.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Ideally you use perfects beforehand, since you can get it to 30 and use other fossils without losing quality.

Maybe add a fossil for one of the nearby enemies have - res mods?

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

dyzzy posted:

Ideally you use perfects beforehand, since you can get it to 30 and use other fossils without losing quality.

Maybe add a fossil for one of the nearby enemies have - res mods?

Yea, I guess it is probably worth buying more perfects and doing that first if I'm going for something extremely good. I thought about ele for the -9% to nearby mod, I'll just have to make sure that doesn't make me less likely to get ES or something. Time to spend a while buying fossils.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

This is what I used to finish the 4 socket resonator challenge:

Got it to 30 quality then did Sanctified/Hollow/Dense/Metallic. Didn't want to do hat because I want molten strike enchant and it costs way too much. It had an open prefix and I exalted poo poo tier hybrid ES/stun recovery fwiw.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I am truly amazing at rolling items.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pa5JtVoZMQ

shaper feat pokchu

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Went for helmet enchant duping, forgot to fix the sockets and links first, luckily the result was poor anyway.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

How much DPS are you doing at max stacks?

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

McFrugal posted:

How much DPS are you doing at max stacks?

In that particular gear, about 1.2m according to PoB. In my old gear, 1.1m.

(I've been testing between inpulsas + statstick and loreweave + fire explosion offhand)

pokchu fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 24, 2018

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1055224408921464834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpvThDY-pnM

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Well hello my next league starter

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I found a shav's on my SSF char. Any good low life builds without onerous gear reqs (beyond the shavs at least)? Pref. casters of some sort

e- RF maybe? I've never done an RF dude before

ee- BV might be better for delving

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 25, 2018

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Cold spell barrage looks neat

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Well that's gonna be broken as gently caress. Barrage mechanics AND free pierce at range AND a ton of crit bonuses?
I'm guessing you really don't want to use it at close range with these changes.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Glacial hammer continues to suck out loud, I'm guessing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

boo_radley posted:

Glacial hammer continues to suck out loud, I'm guessing

Funny you should say that, Mathil is playing glacial hammer right now and said it looked like it could be his favourite build so far this league.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

TheRat posted:

Funny you should say that, Mathil is playing glacial hammer right now and said it looked like it could be his favourite build so far this league.

He says that about every build.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Well, glacial hammer with two threshold jewels gets splash damage and 100% conversion. That's not bad. It does good damage too, and the freeze chance is very high, plus if you can freeze bosses you get 33% culling. I could understand using it, especially if you don't need the jewel slots for anything.

Too bad you can't freeze the bosses you really want to cull.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012
Hmm, well if it was easy to craft great stuff, everyone would be doing it. I guess I had hoped for more than a tier 10 ES roll when using a sanctified but oh well. Two challenges with one stone (expensive resonator). Opted for boots since I didn't feel too great sinking a bunch of cash into a helm base I wasn't sure I could resell too easily.

On the topic of challenges, I'm pretty close to 36; I think my easiest path is to kill Uber Atziri, kill Aul (for the kill all 3 challenge), and finish the 300 corrupt / zana maps. I'm pretty happy with my build (Rain of Arrows, maybe Scourge Arrow using Hopeshredder) but I'm struggling a bit with fairly deep delves (about 500) and my single target against bosses feels a bit lacking. I haven't bought an item in probably 2 weeks and have a chunk of currency I've theoretically saved towards a HH but it might be time to actually upgrade somewhere/everywhere?

PoB Link, in case anyone wants to take a look: https://pastebin.com/raxxRSFA - I'm fairly easily able to do almost all content with just RoA

e: my take on upgrades: I can get better (of the same rolls pretty much) belt / ring(s) / amulet and maybe buy / exalt my jewels. None of the currency it would take to do all these things feels super worthwhile or impactful though which is why I haven't touched anything in a while.

Ledif fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 25, 2018

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I feel like I might be the only person that has not enjoyed this league much

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.

LeninVS posted:

I'm with you. I was really hoping for a flashback league, but the lack of one seems to prove we're definitely in the minority.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

I hope that "other cold skills" bit includes an Arctic Breath rework, because I want my exploding ice skulls to be good.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Cospri's is going to be very expensive next league.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

LeninVS posted:

I lasted like two weeks and dumped out.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

On the other hand this is probably the longest league I've stuck around

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

flashback races are a bandaid for bad leagues like incursion to keep player retention from tanking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Delve is good for the folks who really want to grind out and max their builds to absurd limits but the amount of mapping you need to do for all that sulphite is way too much for me. Combine that with everything not a city biome being pretty monotonous, and I just wanted to go for challenges and quit.

I am curious to see what they do with it after the league.