Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Skeleton Mages (granted by Dead Reckoning gem, you summon up to 5 mages instead of your skeleton warriors per gem) are fun as heck. They're like flame totems except you can get up to 8-10 of them, and they're affected by auras, and can gain frenzy/power charges, and are affected by offering.

Right now I have Skeletons linked to Pierce, GMP, Spell Echo - so my summoning of the mage echoes, and the mages echo while attacking. With the Skeleton in a +1 helm, they 2-3 shot white mobs and cast really fast.

You also use the shield that grants power/frenzy to the things around you on kill, with the Aegis keystone so that your minions are the ones granting charges to their buddies. Pop Flesh Offering and they all turn into buzz saws.

The jewels each ran me 10-15C a few days ago, but I'm happy with my investment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yams Fan

Devor posted:

Skeleton Mages (granted by Dead Reckoning gem, you summon up to 5 mages instead of your skeleton warriors per gem) are fun as heck. They're like flame totems except you can get up to 8-10 of them, and they're affected by auras, and can gain frenzy/power charges, and are affected by offering.

Right now I have Skeletons linked to Pierce, GMP, Spell Echo - so my summoning of the mage echoes, and the mages echo while attacking. With the Skeleton in a +1 helm, they 2-3 shot white mobs and cast really fast.

You also use the shield that grants power/frenzy to the things around you on kill, with the Aegis keystone so that your minions are the ones granting charges to their buddies. Pop Flesh Offering and they all turn into buzz saws.

The jewels each ran me 10-15C a few days ago, but I'm happy with my investment

yeah skellie mages are so good they can do guardians right now (obv with some investement)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Finally got a biscos for the first time in my poe career. Not sure how I ever go back to characters that actually need their neck slot for something else

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
PoE launches in China https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1970529

Aaaand they've somehow mixed up the ranger and duelist in the launch video.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Introducing new classes, Danger and Ruelist

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Finally got a biscos for the first time in my poe career. Not sure how I ever go back to characters that actually need their neck slot for something else
Right? Other magic find gear is kind of weak, but biscos is so good that I have to keep it on. I bought the crappest cheapest one I could about a week ago, and divined it into a pretty good one. I credit it to my ten exalted orb drops so far this season.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

if you go skele dark pact don't forget about vaal summon skeletons aka skeleton platoon airdrop

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

I'd argue newer players have an advantage in that they actually take their time and pickup and upgrade their gear. I on the other hand force my way through under equipped because I'm a lazy player who doesn't feel like picking up gear just for it to be obsolete in ten levels. I realize it's faster to pay attention to drops, but but but gotta keep going. Go go go go go gogogogogogogo. I wonder why I keep dying.

I guess I should swap off this Ondars Clasp now.
-Me in Act 7

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Wanderlust stays on until act 6 at least

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Insurrectionist posted:

Introducing new classes, Danger and Ruelist

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

AnonSpore posted:

Wanderlust stays on until act 6 at least

I will take off my blue elreon rings AFTER I kill shaper.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

you don't

J
Jun 10, 2001

Why are mjolners 38c, did someone make a cool build that I missed?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963209

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yams Fan

J posted:

Why are mjolners 38c, did someone make a cool build that I missed?

yeah you could say that: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6v231c/hsc_mj%C3%B6lner_untethered_minotaur_fight/

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
So I just found a Kaom's, but I used it all last season and am having too much fun with gem links this season to want to put it on. Should I use it on an alt or sell it to fund even more alts?

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
Is there some super secret OP build including Gifts from Above or why has the price for this ring exploded? I found a really nice one and apparently they're above 200c as compared to maybe 5c last league.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

An alchemy orb got me a ring with 12% chaos resist and all elemental resists in the 22%-35% range which seems pretty good, how far can I use this thing before I have to start using specialized rings that I buy from other people or whatever?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

George posted:

So I just found a Kaom's, but I used it all last season and am having too much fun with gem links this season to want to put it on. Should I use it on an alt or sell it to fund even more alts?

Give it to me you gently caress

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

psy.Che posted:

Is there some super secret OP build including Gifts from Above or why has the price for this ring exploded? I found a really nice one and apparently they're above 200c as compared to maybe 5c last league.

It got buffed in 3.0 (check it out on the wiki https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gifts_from_Above )

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Give it to me you gently caress

Just load up a Port map to test your new gem link and it'll be the first item that drops.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
that feel when you have a kaom's heart, but can't actually wear it until you 6L your weapon

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dumb question about the linked sockets:

I'm hoping to put together a combination of Chance to Bleed, Blade Flurry, Curse on Hit Support and Vulnerability. (Trying out a Crimson Dance based Bleeding build, hope to swap Chance to Bleed with Maim/Ruthless or something later on.)

Do the sockets have to be linked (Red - Green - Blue - Blue) or would (Green - Blue - Red - Blue) still work? I haven't seen anything stating supports had to be directly adjacent to the items they are linked to, but I wanted to make sure.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
As long as they're linked that's what counts. Also when you link a support to a usable skill a tiny marker will show up on the skill's icon in the toolbar. That's how you can check to make sure its working.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

As long as they're linked that's what counts. Also when you link a support to a usable skill a tiny marker will show up on the skill's icon in the toolbar. That's how you can check to make sure its working.

Alright, thanks. I hoped it would work that way.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's not a good idea to link your curses to your main skill. Because you could be dealing damage instead with those two links.

You can do thinks like curse with orb of storms, or counterattack gems, or with a blasphemy aura instead.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Should I bother maxing my resists if I frequently have Endurance Charges up? I suppose I should, because I only get them when I kill things so bosses might be a problem but this is my first time playing any strength-based character / use Endurance Charges.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

NofrikinfuN posted:

Alright, thanks. I hoped it would work that way.

The only time the actual order of sockets matters is if you're using triggered skills (Cast when Damage Taken, for example).

But what Phobo said is true.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You can make totems throw traps right??

Nope, you'll throw a trap which spawns a totem when triggered. And before you ask: drop a mine which lays a trap which spawns a totem.

Sab669 posted:

Should I bother maxing my resists if I frequently have Endurance Charges up? I suppose I should, because I only get them when I kill things so bosses might be a problem but this is my first time playing any strength-based character / use Endurance Charges.

It's always a good idea to be resist capped but you can maybe get away with it depending on how you get said charges. Warlord's Mark? You'll run into problems with Hexproof maps. Spamming Enduring Cry is safer, but that's time spent not-killing things.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

It's not a good idea to link your curses to your main skill. Because you could be dealing damage instead with those two links.

You can do thinks like curse with orb of storms, or counterattack gems, or with a blasphemy aura instead.

You can also CwDT a level 1 Blade Vortex that does Curse on hit + whatever separate from your main attack link for BV

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

I saw the Blasphemy gem, but don't know enough about auras and curses yet. To put it in Diablo 2 terms, would a Blasphemy linked curse just act like Conviction? Does it reserve mana to stay active?

But yeah, I see your point. I could throw Maim and Ruthless on there instead if the curse were applied some other way.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

I saw the Blasphemy gem, but don't know enough about auras and curses yet. To put it in Diablo 2 terms, would a Blasphemy linked curse just act like Conviction? Does it reserve mana to stay active?

But yeah, I see your point. I could throw Maim and Ruthless on there instead if the curse were applied some other way.

a blasphemy-linked curse becomes an aura that applies the curse to everything in it and reserves 35% of your mana

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

You can also hover over a socketted gem and it will highlight other gems in the item it's currently linked to.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Big downside of blasphemy is making the blood magic node a much harder choice since you reserve life and not mana.

Imho.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

euphronius posted:

Big downside of blasphemy is making the blood magic node a much harder choice since you reserve life and not mana.

Imho.

I'd call that more of a disadvantage of blood magic

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
gently caress caprice nisei

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Mr. Despair posted:

It got buffed in 3.0 (check it out on the wiki https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gifts_from_Above )

Except the wiki says it got buffed in 2.6

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Valle posted:

Except the wiki says it got buffed in 2.6

The wiki is the diff that you have to apply to go from Current -> Old

So you take a current one, remove Increased Damage, Block Chance, etc

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Devor posted:

The wiki is the diff that you have to apply to go from Current -> Old

So you take a current one, remove Increased Damage, Block Chance, etc

And that still all happened in 2.6, not now in 3.0

Edit: Thanks, that'd do it I guess.
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 22, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Valle posted:

And that still all happened in 2.6, not now in 3.0

It is exclusive to Anarchy League. In 2.6 that was not an issue due to Leaguestones from the Legacy League, but now it is much harder to acquire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

This game intimidated me a bit, but all I really needed to get into it was my husband going 'its hard to respec fully and you can gently caress yourself over easily, finding a guide helps' and I got into it pretty quickly after that.

I'm to the point now where I know I don't know lots of things, but its fun to learn them, and I have a build that can do yellow maps just fine and probably higher (once they actually drop). I'm still getting scammed at trading but I'm sure I'll figure out which things I'm underselling sooner or later.