Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Any turbo nerds done the group league start into juiced farming? Thinking about doing it with a couple of buddies next league and hoping to avoid some pitfalls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

lampey posted:

Im interested in something organized ahead of launch. Is there something happening sooner, or just the 3.14 in two months?

Looking at the 3.14 league ahead of time to go sweaty tryhard. Looking at a multiboxing strategy at this point but discussing with a group of friends on going sweaty try hard to see how much currency we can make in the first week.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Hamelekim posted:

I hate to say it but I don’t trust any of these Poe economy guys. The whole scene is is super used car salesman to me.

Grimro's whole schtick is pushing his terrible website.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I'll never understand the arguing against QoL changes, I've yet to find someone that enjoys picking up breach splinters 1 at a time, same with legion splinters.

The only good thing about this league is streamers having a meltdown about "not being heard" like they're supposed to be dictating the games direction completely.

That and Zizaran not being able to cheese hardcore.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

idk why these people play hardcore if they usually use logout macros. of course I also don't know why they're playing hardcore in the only non-offline arpg. seems like you'd be better off playing SC and merely self-enforcing when you don't die because of disconnects or crashes or rubber banding 4 screens back or whatever as tends to happen distressingly often (thankfully not this league)

Spend 100 hours on a character then die to a volatile you rubber-band back into in the 0.5 seconds you lag for is just not for me.

I think the reason he said he plays hardcore was because he liked the mystery of wondering if he died when he uses the logout macro. Why not just comfy game?

I really hate the lack of diversity with this genre, I feel like GGG will just do what they want because there's no competition.

The state of blizzard means they might implode before diablo 4 even comes close to being released and I'm not sure I'd want to play it anyway for moral reasons.

arpg genre might be next to go to the graveyard with MMO's

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I feel like wearing a sign saying "the end is nigh" and ringing a bell.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

yeah it's a shame. arpgs are probably my favorite action game besides multiplayer FPS, which is also pretty dead outside of cod etc. it's a hard kind of game to make as an indie studio, especially when it's not the 90s anymore and you can't do stuff like Blizzard and many other developers did with rasterized 3d models to make good sprites with much lower performance overhead than a 3d engine. i mean you can, but it's gotta be way more detailed than it used to be which kind of defeats the purpose. guess I'll just play strategy games forever now that I have old person wrist sometimes.

I'm really enjoying Tarkov right now but would kill for a good RPG game, waiting at my PC bored currently waiting for Starbase to launch but it's got "star" in the name so it's gonna be a disaster.

As someone who loves MMORPG Sandbox survival games and ARPG's I'm pretty drained of games to play.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Sab669 posted:

I feel like the genre is just not deep enough to constitute any real diversity. D3 for the super casual "Log in, hit level cap, get your Blizzard-sanctioned Build Enabling Set Items" and POE for the "So you want to spend more time planning your build than actually playing?" it's hard to hit anywhere in between those two in a compelling way. I tried Grim Dawn and couldn't get into it. Felt too similar to Titan Quest. My first character sucked, my second character was good but boring. I've heard mixed things about virtually every other title in the genre. I picked up Godfall on sale on Epic store a while ago and the combat was mildly fun, but it was extremely shallow in terms of making a build. Just seems like either you focus on combat and loot becomes less important, or you focus on loot and combat becomes less important.

D3 Greater rifts kind of blew the genre open for me, it's something that I really enjoy as a group(and solo) if poe had something like that I would go nuts. Unfortunately POE doesn't really have much in the way of group play that's worth it for casually jumping in. On the other hand if D3 had more build diversity and developers actually doing stuff it would have been great. Can't get the best of both worlds yet but hopefully something will come along.

I feel like for me poe is missing that drive to get better builds etc, especially after removing 100% delirium farming without having to go through the nightmare of buying delirium orbs.

euphronius posted:

Try snowrunner. It matches what you are looking for pretty well imho

Appreciate the suggestion but if I'm not kicking over someone's virtual sandcastle or stream sniping I'm not that interested. Just don't have the drive for single player games, poe's the closest I get.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
if they had a potion or some crap to skip the campaign in the cash shop I'd buy it multiple times per league trying out dumb builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Standard I don't feel I'm progressing my league character and it's where all my friends are so no bueno