Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
Shrines are on kirac too, 4c for 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

500 good dogs posted:

rutibex is that u

Too rude dude

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

When it comes to tanky builds this league what are the effective damage skills they use besides DD and RF? usually tank builds like something that can pop off without major passive or item slot investment.

Explosive arrow is one

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Essences will be cheap in trade league so crafting the hat shouldn’t be too hard.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You can get a RF hat that will let you clear every uber boss for 8 essences of horror or so. And it’s not your RF that will carry you against those, it’s your 6L fire trap

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

goons will argue about the placement of things inside taxonomies until the end of time, but the fact that there is a taxonomy is what i was trying to get across

Why are you trying to put skills into boxes when you haven’t played or looked at them? Pconc is endgame as gently caress, RF is faster than edc, edc hasn’t even been in the same ballpark as real skills for half a year or longer

Skeleton mages starts as melee skeletons with the exact same tree no respecs necessary and it curb stomps content, leveling with absolution is fast (tyty has a video on this)

You really want to see a ‘taxonomy’ which is why you see it, but most of what you said was wrong. A system that mostly produces wrong predictions isn’t useful.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Simu 30 is pretty specific content, it was doable on occu spiders with squire for me but otherwise pass. Occ FR does well in it too.

For your pconc pf, do you have the common sources of +gem level? Woke void manip?

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

If you put essence drain in a league starter list you’re either zizaran or the poe equivalent of a boomer

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Just league start good poo poo and ignore bad poo poo

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Or rues cf kb build

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

It’s good at simulacrum 30 but mechanically it will always be suboptimal at mapping. Pretty much all of my builds are though so I don’t see why that’s an issue to new players who probably aren’t ‘mapping optimally’ anyway

More relevantly, it’s probably a good Steam Deck build if the deck can handle the proj spam

Also dead reckoning drops off after a week, just go melee skeletons until then

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Even builds that perform well with low investment still are going to want you to invest heavily into them because spending exalts on better gear is how you get ahead in poe

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

There's PoB warrioring and then there's just not being bad. You should assume level to be in the 90s and gems to be 20/20 once you're even able to reach endgame stuff on a regular basis. It's not like you have to choose between gaining xp and progressing map tiers in softcore, it happens at the same time. In hardcore you might have to take things slower, but it's still going to happen at the same time.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Yeah exactly. Well, it's when you hit level 20 on your first set of gems I think, but any reasonable PoE player qualities their important gems up or flips them straight away then has them back at 20/20 not too long after while using the 20/0 ones which were leveling in their offset.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Yeah 20q gems can be cheap to buy straight up too. I’m mostly talking about a league start scenario where trade isn’t full of them yet. It can also be very cheap to buy q17-19 gems and just quality them up yourself

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

wuxi doesn't have a demi yet so he's just another noob

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

pork never goes bad posted:

It doesn't say "from hits"

Only taken hits get converted

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

pork never goes bad posted:

Are you sure? I know divine flesh affects the righteous fire degen, for example, and it is worded like the new keystone. Quick searching doesn't help me figure out whether ground effects or degens inflicted by enemies are affected by divine flesh and tempered by war, but knowing that would probably resolve this.

You might be right, the wording is different.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You kinda really need the invulnerable skeletons node imo

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Steam Deck performs weirdly well in PoE to the point where it didn’t hang/crash at all while clearing a map with 4 juice scarabs, fftb ritual, on a HH LS zerker. Some slowdowns to 20fps with major resolution scaling, but overall very impressed

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The Chinese client has it

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The archnemesis mods are definitely a lot more interesting than the old mods, but I don't think I like Soul Eater still being a thing on rares when they've got 3 other big big archnem mods

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Saxophone posted:

This is new. The game looks like rear end on my new PC. I tried upping settings and turning to Directx12 and now it won’t even load.

When I was in everything was laggy and pixely.

Turn off dynamic resolution in options -> graphics

I'm having the same thing, I think it's on their end somehow. some sort of bug. My GPU was at a rock solid 70C which is well within the expected range, and it was crunching down my resolution even in my hideout

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

queeb posted:

How's RF working out for you that started it?

Clearing as fast as I can move and it’s nice to be a tanky build in this league. Avoid Executioner rares like the plague

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Some mods are interesting and immediately apparent, some mods are just +++++++stats and invisible, the latter needs to go

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Don't forget to level some fire traps/righteous fires in your 2nd weapon set. Fire trap is not buyable on templar, so you can only get lv1 versions later (normal vendors scale their gems up to a certain extent, Lily does not), and its nice to just start with a lv14 version straight away

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

They did that with the pinnacle bosses and people whined too

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

hard mobs, okay, that didn't really mess with me. no meta shifts and no new skills however, man that was a bummer. to me the rares really weren't the issue beyond readjusting what content is doable on a badly geared league start character.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

FZeroRacer posted:

the rares become a serious issue in pretty much any league content.

I'd be fine with the rares if there was some interesting new stuff to look forward to. I don't like bossing, and we just got bosses. Because of how PoE works you can scale up to eventually not be bothered by the rares (as they are now, post-nerfs, at least). You can't scale into more fun and new content

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I think that if they condense archnem mods down to like 10 or 15, and remove the boring ones which are just big stat boosts, gameplay could be a lot more fun. But rares don’t need stats per mod as well as mods that give stats. That’s just compounding to create mobs with a billion hp on top of damage reduction.

But at least resist pen is back

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The archnem mods should be classified as defensive, offensive, and utility (mana siphon, trickster, etc the stuff that’s not just stats). Magic packs should only spawn with utility or offensive mods. Rares should spawn with a utility mod and max one of each kind. Archnem mods should be altered to only fit in one of the groups

Thats just my take on it

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

TheRat posted:

Because once you know what a stormweaver is you see the name or the visual cue and you know, rather than having to hover over the nameplate and quickly read 79 different mods while trying not to die.

This might be true if it wasn’t 76 different keywords, which got changed several times since their first implementation

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Arzachel posted:

You don't have to remember every single one, just the scary poo poo which is how it was before. Except now there's less mods on a rare and they're color coded.

The scary ones are invisible and mousing over mobs isn’t a feasible thing given the visual clarity of poe. The visible mods are good, even though theres too many. The invisible mods are bad.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Arzachel posted:

You mean invisible as in a single mod having multiple components?

I think having stronger individual rares is a good change even if the balance is wonky right now, as long as they go back and trim back the rare spam from previous league mechanics.

I mean invisible as in not having a clear visual sign that a monster has a certain mod on it. Ice prison is clear. Mana siphon is clear. Steel infused is not. Bone breaker is not. Gargantuan is not if it spawns on small mobs like those little worms or rats.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Jazerus posted:

who cares?

I do, as I said in my post, thanks for your unnecessary reply.

TheRat posted:

No it isn't. You'll quickly remember what you want/need to avoid, and this system makes that much easier to spot at a glance

Having 76 different mods is just unnecessary for a keyword system. The whole idea of using keywords to let players spot things at a glance is making the keywords distinct (they're not, there's a lot of ambiguous ones or ones that are too similar in theme) and making it so there's only a few of them which can mix and match to form more complex results. If you want to make it so players are able to spot certain dangers at a glance, why 1) have 76 different mods with tons of overlap instead of fewer, more distinct ones and 2) require players to mouse over mobs to read text just like before because there's a lot of dangerous mods with faint or no visual feedback.

It might be the start of a theoretically good system but it's still incredibly full of flaws and it's not a certainty at all they'll fix it. Porting every single mod was an incredibly dumb move--more work for a worse end result

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The power network thing except it lets you customize a single stalker sentinel into an apex or pandemonium one

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Herstory Begins Now posted:

aren't you stone and he carrion golems? also ehp matters a lot more than raw hp#

Are you really explaining the concept of effective hp to ultima

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Lmao

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i'll take the bosses, they die 10x faster than the doors open

https://streamable.com/36zusm

Complaint noted, more invulnerability phases added. Please enjoy playing Path of Exile ™️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Tripling HH buff duration was a huge buff, you just need to adapt a bit by not using movement skills