Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I don't get the point in grinding currency, since in end game you can't respec your entire tree, not sure about this but it seem like it, and you lose your currency/gear on any new characters you create.

I've finally decided to get into this game after going to about level 10 or so before bouncing off it in the past. It's been fun so far, level 41 witch summoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Yeah, I have one character in standard, and stared a new one to follow an actual build in harvest. That makes sense now.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

dyzzy posted:

Correct, things in a new league are completely separate.

What happens if your old stash in standard is full, and then they merge your harvest character to standard in 3 months? Since the stash is shared in the league, won't that be an issue? No clue how this is handled.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Salt Fish posted:

5 dollars a league?? What am I, a millionaire?

Too many tabs does suck to navigate though.

Now hear me out first before you go rejecting the idea.

How about tabs with sub tabs?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

please knock Mom! posted:

"Your kindness to me, your tireless promotion of those around you in the POE community, your patient friendship... I owe a lot to you, Tarke. I doubt I'd be anywhere near the position I'm in without your assistance. So it honestly does crush me some that we won't be working together, at least not in this. I hope, though, that I get the privilege of continuing to work with you in other ways, foremost being Baeclast, whether as a stable member of the crew or a (hopefully frequent) guest. You have my utmost respect as a content creator and human being, and I'm sorry I didn't get to add room-mate and co-worker to that list."

This is what a public comment by someone employable looks like, is what I meant.

Meh, he’s disappointed and he has a right to be. As long as he gets over it with time it’s fine.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Vasudus posted:

Hit 36 challenges. I'm not 100% done with the league but I'm pretty close. I didn't do Endgame Grinds, Encounters VI, the Scarab one, and Encounters V.

Overall, I would say this was an okay league. The crafting system itself is absolutely fantastic and I desperately hope that they somehow include it in the core game, even in a greatly reduced capacity. I crafted basically all my gear this league with very few exceptions. I had a ton of fun building my own poo poo, or helping others do it.

I leveled 5 characters past 90, with one reaching 95. Pretty par for the course for me. I didn't really do any bow builds this league however, which is extremely uncharacteristic of me.

Harvest itself sucks rear end. Managing seeds and seed levels as a new player is daunting, and there's no loving way people are ever going to set up a farm every league if it went core as-is. It took GGG way too long to put in the proper QoL that it should have had at launch. The T4 bosses are all boring and/or annoying, and the final league boss is a total loving joke for a number of reasons. One, because gently caress you for making it 100 red maps to unlock in the first place, then having you run another however many maps just to reset the counter back to 0/100 for a regrowth. Secondly all the league uniques are bad, there's zero chase items. The hat needs a third random gem support.

The Uber+ labs are cool. I hope that in PoE2 that's what the lab ends up being.

Challenges this league are insanely bad. The Scarab one, in particular, currently costs about 11ex to complete if you were to buy it all. The cheaper option is probably to buy the plants and take your chances on the craft. Or just skip it, like I did.

My suggestion for Harvest going core: 10% chance of seeds in a map, guarded by monsters. Replace the entire farm mechanic with a pre-built area. Incorporate a system similar to the Delve upgrade system that handles all lifeforce and horiculture storage - no building at all. If you save up 1800 lifeforce (or whatever number, after balance adjustments) you can purchase another 3 slots in your horticulture station. Ditch the entire system for the Heart of the Grove, make the seed a random drop off a T4 - plant it in the center of the farm and after 10 red maps it's ready to go. Buff the uniques off the last boss, give the helmet three random gems.

I just started playing this game past level 14 this league and I love it. Got to maps but characters so far haven't been very good so I keep making new builds.

I have zero desire to trade with people, and being able to get seeds and craft items that would take me hours to get if I just slammed currency on an item same a ton of time.

The garden management is annoying though and needs to be simplified greatly.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I bought a razer Tartarus pro, because my fingers were starting to hurt, and they feel better already. Being able to do a tiny circle with my thumb and trigger 4 potions is wonderful.

Not sure how streamers still have fingers that work after so many hours per day.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Papercut posted:

Use a flask macro

They won’t ban you? I have no clue how strict they are with that stuff.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Elentor posted:

Like, just read my posts in this very page.

I read it.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I finally hit Awakening 1 on my map for the first time. Anyone know if I will lose watchstones if I lose to a conqueror moving forward now that I have beaten all 4 of them once and have 4 watchstones?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Fister Roboto posted:

Nope, you will never lose watchstones for any reason.

Glad to hear it.

Any good guides for mapping? I'm playing a righteous fire build and have no clue what to do to farm for gear I want/need, although I have watched a few videos on the atlas.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Fister Roboto posted:

First of all, don't play a RF build in 2020, for the love of god.

Second, gearing for early maps is about the same as during the story. Cap your resists, get a lot of life, get a decent weapon. If you want to stick with RF, you'll want something with lots of increased fire spell damage (which includes increased fire damage, spell damage, and elemental damage). You'll want search parameters something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/GMW07Bub though you can adjust the price if you want.

Once you get to Sirus you can probably start looking for better gear.

Don't destroy my fun. I just started playing this game this year, so I'm way behind.

Yeah, I'm doing around 500k damage right now according to POB. Changed my weapon boosted my dps already. Although I'm running scepter/shield. If I go dual wand does the %damage stack?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I haven't found anything better than this so far. Really don't want to get involved with trading so I'm stuck with what I can find/craft.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Sinteres posted:

Is there a good way to sell a whole seed chest? I know I'm missing out on a lot by not doing the crafting this league, but I can't find the motivation to even build my farm, let alone learn enough to take advantage of it, and I figure all these seeds from running a bunch of red maps have to be worth something.

There's an entire site dedicated to selling seeds in bulk, also a discord. I forget the names but several streamers have pointed it out including cutedog.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
People take scuba diving vacations, so why not a video game vacation?

If I was experienced enough to make serious currency the first few days and then coast on that for the rest of the league I might do it. But I'm not, although I might just take the day off for a break and to play the game I enjoy.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Ak Gara posted:

Don't people make serious bank by getting the good items quicker than anyone else?

One streamer make something like 10 mirrors in the first week.

Sorry, it was 7 mirrors in a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAge2cvbYAo

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Problems are definitely exacerbated on console where gearing is so much harder it's laughable plus tons of latency issues / no good way to rapidly chug all your flasks.

I wonder if the controllers with the bottom paddles can be mapped for flasks.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Dance Officer posted:

He also has a longer video, which goes into his starting mapping strategy, and things like that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzfKh-WT4OI

Long story short, he poopsocked for a few days and traded a lot

Yeah, all the big money streamer crafters just buy seeds or crafts in bulk and craft their stuff that way. But they had to grind to get currency to start doing that to begin with. Takes knowledge of crafting to block what you don't want and so on. I know very little about doing that sadly.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I’ve found 6 tabula rasas this league and have one more card to get a 7th. This thing seems really easy to get even early on while levelling.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Is there a good guide to blight encounters? I have no clue how to do them properly. I've gotten some oils from a couple but I fail most of them.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Thanks for the tips.

I didn't care about the encounter until I found out I could anoint an amulet to get a skill tree node anywhere on the tree which would be super useful. Now I need to do all of them to find the oils I need.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Tenzarin posted:

I'm looking forward to this new season of which they have said multiple times it will change the way you play the game.

Yeah, knowing that non of the crafting in this season is going core for a long while makes me want to play it less, because it will just make me more sad once it is over.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Hope it's as big as they say it is.

https://twitter.com/bexsayswords/status/1295830688059383808

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Just had my first drop only gem drop for me. Sadly it was Enlighten Support and not Empower which I need for like 3 different builds this league.

Seems to be selling for over 30 chaos but I might keep it anyway.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I still don't understand why people would waste the time to trade for a single alchemy for an item. Why bother selling anything for less than 10 chaos total profit? Seems like a waste of time. You could get multiple chaos from the recipe in the time it takes to do a trade if you are in the middle of a map.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Honestly, I almost want to play the PS4 version of the game just so that I can have automatic trading.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Magus42 posted:

Have you ever tried to find an item on that?

No I have not.... I guess it's bad?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

whypick1 posted:

I'm going to guess this hasn't changed in the year and a half since this video was posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmpWPRsSh68&t=251s

And no, you can't just use any of the trade sites.

OK, yeah that's worse.

I've done three PC trades this league and they were all way less messy and time consuming than that.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
From Bex on Reddit.

Hmmmm.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

dyzzy posted:

Yeah that shot of the crew with the codenames has that exact setup with a cat in a chair

So the heist stuff is confirmed then?

Based on some of the attributes, like 36% chance a regal orb drops as an exalted orb, this could be a high currency drop league.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Clearly this is the best league starter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=supy4PjwkN0

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Tenzarin posted:

Tarkes top five tips for league start, buy 5 premium tabs and set them all to 1 alch buyout.... yikes.

It’s a good bit.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Baneling Butts posted:

Does anyone know when Harvest league is ending? I've got 52 maps to go to spawn the Heart of the Grove and I'm wondering how many maps per day I should be aiming for.

14th of September.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Papercut posted:

Is the defense just don't get hit? He has 3k hp/3k ES, seems like a good way to get one shot.

Requires you to hit 75% on all resistances including chaos, spell and attack block plus the previous mentioned skill nodes.

I was doing tier 16 maps with the build this league.

Updated pob also has a full life version.

Hamelekim fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 10, 2020

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Dias posted:

There's a full life setup in the PoB which I guess is the "endgame", although I'd agree that you probably wanna go CI/low-life if you're optimizing it. It feels pretty strong as a league starter, like, the build you take to red maps before going in on something fancier/stronger. I'm pretty far from being ready to do red maps and I could still finish a T14 Beach, for instance.

I beat T16 Hydra with like 2700 life with the regular build. I really need to work on adding flat life to my gear.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
As long as speed results in more currency people will not want to self cast, or stand still to cast.

Provide the same return rate regardless of speed and you solve your problem. But probably kill your game unless done right.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I guess this is a good thing?

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1305678120301637633

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Zero VGS posted:

That's an extremely good thing... unless you like standing there for over a minute resummoning 9 golems after you get disconnected.

I don't play minion builds much, and I don't get disconnected much personally. In fact I can't remember at time where I was disconnected while in the middle of playing. And I played over 400 hours this league.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Poets pen in act 3 was nice. Otherwise nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Aerox posted:

Made it to the beginning of Act 8 before turning in for the night.

League seems fun so far, although I don’t really understand why I sometimes breeze through heists opening every treasure chest without a problem and other times I trip the alarm halfway through.

Also, Earthshatter Champion is really fun but I’m concerned I’m going to develop carpal tunnel. (That is not going to stop me from playing.)

Some of the mods increase the alarm increase rate.