Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I hate the crippling choice provided by normal character creation, so ManMode me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

John Dyne posted:

Werix, you are a Dwarf Outlaw. Why you aren't a Troll Slayer simply from being a dishonorable wretch, I don't know. I didn't write the rules for this book. Maybe there's honor among thieves, or maybe your ancestors have always cracked unsuspecting people in the back of the head and rifled through their pockets.

This, this might actually be fun. I like the idea of either a Dwarf Robbin Hood, or an ultra nimble dwarf second story man.

My app will have to wait for next week, Sunday evening at the earliest.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

See the world they said! Join some of the merchant caravans as a guard they said! Easy job it is! Well I did that, and it didn't get me a lot of good. First expedition out we make our way to one of the largest cities in the Empire. Which one don't matter. So my job is to make sure the caravan gets there, and it does. So I get paid, and I get told we leave in two weeks. So what the hell are you supposed to do in some stinky human city for two weeks after ye get paid? You do some drinking, and some sleepin' around, and try to have some coin left over!

Well it all went to poo poo on step one, the drinkin' step. So I'm in some human tavern in the more ritzy part of town, drinking the weak rear end swill that passes for an intoxicant among the humans. Some ponce of a human goes and challenges me to a drinking contest, which is the funniest shite I'd ever heard of, so I went along. Shot after shot after shot, he seems to barely be noticing it. all the while it slowly creeps up on me. Finally I feel right tired eyed and close em for just a couple minutes, and then the ponce gets declared winner and takes most of my remaining pay, and me with still a week and a half until the ride back, and with nothing to last me the return trip!

Well next day after I sleep off the hangover, I do some checking around town. Guess this ponce has connections with bartenders all over that part of town, and makes deals for kickbacks if they give him watered down grog and spikes his opponent's stuff with a mild poison! Well you don't cheat a Dwarf at a drinking game! Right created a couple grudges that one. First I went to the bar keep and told him he had to owe me the gold he got as a kick back and information on when the ponce would next be in there to consider his part of the Grudge paid. He obliged, gave me the gold, and told me the Ponce would be back again two days hence.

Well two days later I confront this ponce and tell him he has wronged me and created a Grudge, and owes me the coin he took from me plus ten gold to make it right. He then went on to insult Dwarf customs as well the the provenance of me birth! Well I told him that made it double the gold, or he'd pay the oath back in blood. He spat in my face and turn away. So I did the only thing I could do. I drew my axe, buried the smile of it into the back of his knee to bring him to my level, and then split his fecking head in twain.

Turns out he was the child of someone important, and also turns out that the Empire don't much care for Dwarf Grudge settling, and I was a wanted murderer! Had to flee town and the Empire. had to do some stuff I wasn't too proud of to get out and survive. But here I am in Bretonnia. A new Dwarf, with no bounty on my head. And here is this LeBeau. If I go and kill him, not only will it cement my rightful nature among these dumb humans, but it'll maybe get me enough coin to get back to Dwarf lands, where things are simpler.

pre:
Name:  Jotun Heavy-Hand
Race: Dwarf
Career: Outlaw 

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 48 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 23 | 32  | 32 | 21 |
Advances  : | 10 | 10 | 00 | 00 | 10 | 05  | 00 | 00 | 
Taken     : | 10 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 00  | 00 | 00 |
Gained    : | -- | -- | -- | -- | -- | --  | -- | -- |
Current   : | 58 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 23 | 52  | 32 | 21 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 13 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |
Advances  : | 1  | 02 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 1  | 01 | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 2  | 14 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Skills:
Animal Care
Common Knowledge (Dwarfs)
Concealment
Dodge blow
Gossip
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move
Speak Language (Kazalid)
Speak Language (Reikspiel)
swim
Trade (Smith)

Talents:
Dwarfcraft (+10 bonus on trade skills, including smith)
grudge born fury (+5 to WS when attacking orcs, goblins, hobo)
night vision (30 yard vision in natural, not total, darkness)
resistance to magic (+10 WP tests to resist magic)
stout-hearted (+10 on fear, terror and intimidate tests)
sturdy (No movement penalties in heavy armor, less encumbrance values)
Rover (+10 on conceal and silent move in rural locations)
strike to stun (Str v T to stun target)

Advances:
A +1 (free)
WS +15 (free)
WS +5 (free)
W +1 (free)

Trappings:
Bow with 10 arrows
Light armor
Shield
hand weapon (axe)
4 gold

stats: 8#2d10 13 16 13 18 12 12 13 2
Characteristics: 8#2d10 11 7 14 14 13 14 12 11
starting gold: 2d10 4

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

John Dyne posted:

Up to you, bud. You can even trade with someone if you like and they agree to.

If you want to be a dwarf outlaw, I'd trade with you. I would find a dwarf slayer class fun to play as, so long as I get to keep my rolls. It'd be fun to play with a light hearted slayer. I mean, if you're already resigned to death, no reason to be so serious about things other than fighting big stuff.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Yeah, haven't read anything posted yet, but I'll be home from gen con tomorrow and I'll try to catch up as Jotunn snaps out of a daydream.

I hope We're arguing with peasants about pigs.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

wiegieman posted:

Henri is literally wondering why we can't just beat it out of them. They're peasants who aren't jumping to obey a lord.

For enough coin Jotunn will help you out there.

Also settle down dyne. I'm not the player who is going to go traipsing off by himself. I know the train that we're on, and I'm not going to derail it.

I'm just role-playing the mercenary I've decided to make Jotunn after trying to figure out what to really do with that outlaw background. (And that is to go the veteran mercenary route.) He's an outlaw in part from dwarf customs. Screw honor, give me gold.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

John Dyne posted:

It was more of a general statement to everyone, not just you, so simmer down, stunty. You guys aren't locked in to helping these guys and might find more help elsewhere if you don't want to deal with the pig.

Though Jotunn of all people should recognize you can't get somethin' for nothin' and that everyone has a price. Their price just happens to be the kidnapping and/or death of a rival poo poo village's pig.

He's taking more issue with the might get something part. If Marfe had said, "yep, I saw what direction that bleeding thief went, and I'll tell you for killing a pig! " Jotunn would be dreaming of bacon and pulled pork.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Jotunn's new plan is bacon.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
It totally helps with our group make up. Most of the group, like the halflings, are pretty laid back. Then we have Henri, who thinks she is above these pissants, a slayer, a berserker, and then Jotunn, who I'm trying to model as a mercenary that'll slaughter a village if the price is right, or the effort low.

Just between Henri and Jotunn it was guaranteed one village burned.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Well if we kill the pig, at least those assholes in appleville will tell us the info.

Up to the villagers of pigville if they want to get in the way.

Though I've been thinking, first thing we ran into were undead. Chaos doesn't do undead outside plague zombies, right? So might there be a vampire count afoot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
We ain't got time for this poo poo. We ain't being paid hourly. The sooner we find this guy, the sooner we get that sweet, sweet land to rule over.

• Locked thread