Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sup hal wanna fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Im only in if hal wants to fight

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am still quite cross with you so hell yes we can fight

good motherfucker let's do it

i play necro gardna, in attack mode. pass.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hello i will be roleplaying by posting once today. thank you and god bless.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

he said 'post a lot.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well it's been real but i'm off to gently caress a maple tree see you day two.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Spreadsheet hat on.

There are no scum janitors in this game since one already died.

Got it!

Also, insert random thing about birb here.

why even make this point kb

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you know what gently caress it. ##vote kb

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

I am gonna really enjoy this

no for real. it's pointless, fake content. it's exactly the kind of post scum would make to blend in early on. i've learned not to give KB any ground whatsoever, i can probably count on a closed fist how many times he has been dunked as scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
WAKE UP AND FIGHT ME YOU COWARD

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

You better do me proud KB :buddy:

also what's this weird buddy-buddy nonsense you're doing? you got something to say?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually the scummiest thing KB said though was about making a spreadsheet. It is WAY too early to be bothering with a spreadsheet so clearly that is fake content

on a scale of one to ten how serious is this post?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

very serious, I don't even think about spreadsheeting until D2 usually, KB is already straying out of character! lol it's D1 dude no one knows anything this is such a joke

okay well do you have anything to say about my point because it was serious and i don't think day one is a waste unless you allow it to be.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah ok let's get OOC for a sec

KB gets a D1 reprieve from me even under normal circumstances, in these ones I would like him to live for as long as possible. But ideally with lots of people trying to get him lunched along the way for drama's sake so keep up the good work. I don't see that particular KB post as scummy from KB though, he's just not quite nailing the voice right is all.

why does kb get a d1 pass from you?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause he is an effort player who, like me, can often take a little bit to get started and can offer far more value on later days once there's more data and content to look at. This makes the opportunity cost of lunching him on D1 when your own reads on him will be at their flimsiest just too ridiculously high

Man I never like to vote on D1, just ask anybody I do this every game.

i get the distinct impression this entire conversation was a waste of time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

flerp posted:

my waifu is lynching scum

is what my tombstone will read

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sometimes i think about how this stupid community is probably the most consistent friend group i have and it bums me out.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kasumeat posted:

Why did that post make you think that?

i thought maybe bif was scum for a minute but instead i think she's just being willfully obtuse. alternatively incredibly blatant but i have too much respect for bif to consider that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kasumeat posted:

I think you're being unwillingly obtuse. The strikethrough is her real post, the rest is her assigned persona.

who are you, both irl and in role?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Somber did you just skip past jokephase that fast or have you got a really interesting person?

jokephase sucks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
king who are you??

i am retro if it was not obvious.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Second vote, scum vote.

##vote Flerp

see is this serious or a goof?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I hate this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Frankly ive just kind of given up on trying to get poo poo done today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That's too many words so it's probably a scumpost.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Bif you made a case on me based on whether or not I really hated jokephase and that is the kind of poo poo that tells me we are probably going to dunk town today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Somber, why did you get so discouraged from KB revealing he was trying to joke about his role? At least he finally explained the joke. And why make a doom and gloom proclamation like this:

Because I was trying to move the game forward. Some part of that was hyperbole, but it was frustrating to feel like I had caught a thread and then realize that it was all goofs and spoofs.

Bifauxnen posted:

so early in the day in response to my single vote on you? Shouldn't you be a bit more distraught by the fact that my single vote is tied with a bunch of other single votes, cause no cases are getting anywhere? And people are still joking around to the total exclusion of casing? Why were you so discouraged by me making one early case on you even if it's wrong?

And it wasn't about "whether you hate jokephase or not". I'm just trying to figure out now if you genuinely believed that, or you're purposely reframing it. Cause for someone so discouraged about D1 getting nowhere, you seem to be throwing in the towel at the first sign of any engagement.

That's the point, there's nothing else going on. Your goofy case is the most serious investment of effort so far. Is the idea here that I'm faking that reaction? That seems awfully familiar of you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm not going to dunk myself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kasumeat posted:

You don't seem to be pursuing anyone though, you just dropped a vote on KB and then seem to have forgotten about that, and then have mostly focused on yourself since then.

Yeah that's fair.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
alright, i've got my own game's deadline tonight so i'm going to try and put in work now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Somber ain't scum. KB's reaction is weird. Bif is also not scum.

this is the post that seems to have generated the most reaction so let's start there. i get why people are casing keane off of this, it's a lot of cavalier non-calls.

on its face, yeah this is a scummy post, but within the context of the slow day and the actual content itself, i ain't mad at it. king's reaction was weird. i don't think bif is scum. i'm not scum. yes keane could back away from this easily but he doesn't. his following posts are hip-shots but there is content there.

CCKeane posted:

Look this is where I shoot from *points to hip* I shoot from the hip, Bif.

CCKeane posted:

Nah, reads to me as someone coming in aggressively to try to get a game going. Don't see it as scummy.

both of these are posts are him standing his ground, and he is pushing an actual candidate too, albeit softly.

(in regards to rf)

CCKeane posted:

Yep, struck me too.

i would vote keane to avoid a NL but unless i really can't find anything else to work with, i don't think he's a good candidate for today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay, i want to come back to king.

King Burgundy posted:

There are no scum janitors in this game since one already died.

this is not a useful point to make. it's obvious and irrelevant. it's quintessential fake content. when you have nothing else to say as scum, you speculate on the setup.

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, yes, it was obviously fake content, as you can tell by the context of the thread and people pretending to be their role.

And, while the second part is true, I think that is mostly because people can count on scum killing me if I'm town and sometimes they let that run a little too long.

King Burgundy posted:

Second vote, scum vote.

##vote Flerp

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, I think Somber just didn't grasp what was going on.

---

Bif, I like the way you decided to do your split personality. I've just pretty much given up, but maybe I'll make a few more nods to my persona as the opportunity arises later.

i put all those together because i want to lay out the context of the following argument clearly.

king uses the 'roleplay' aspect here as a shield. obviously not 100% of the above statements are in character, but king can choose what is relevant based on whatever is most convenient. i hate to dip into meta, but roleplaying doesn't feel very much like king.

if he's town, why not just engage me at face value? he does pull back on me, but only once he's diffused any heat on himself. it makes me very uncomfortable that we have to ignore his early game content.

preview edit: i think that's a sufficient breakdown of why your reaction was weird.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

He's not pushing an actual candidate though. He says my reaction is weird, but not only does he refuse to clarify, he doesn't actually call it scummy or call me scum.

Since you have jumped on the weird train, please explain what was weird about my reaction in detail.

yes, i agree that keane is not playing well and could explain himself better. in the context of this relatively quiet game and keane being keane i don't think that's the slam dunk you seem to think it is though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

For the moment, I am not in favor of either of lynching either of them.

i was going to ask you to clarify who you WOULD vote but i see now that it is me :v i'll reread you next.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

FYI I stole one of the guns normally used to kill lurkers. Not my fault, gif left the shed unlocked. I haven't decided who I'm gonna use it on, but it's not going to be pretty.

probably a dumb question but is this real?

b-minus1 posted:

Anyone who uses more than two question marks in a single post is confirmed scum

kinda scummy. throwing shade without putting any weight behind it to see if it picks up momentum?

b-minus1 posted:

haha, of course you're a PGO.

i'm not sure why town would make this post. are you implying that keane is trying to avoid an investigation or something? it seems like scum would be more concerned about a pgo than town.

b-minus1 posted:

Let's have some fun on this monday morning

##vote Somberbrero

oh so there's zero context to this vote.

yeah i'd vote binus.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i have to step away for a bit but i'll be back to finish rereading later.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

How is what I did not engaging you at face value? What is that supposed to mean?

You didn't understand what I was doing and I explained it. What is the response you expected me to take here that you think would be "normal"?

That's like the central premise of my post dude. Rather than addressing the scummy content of those posts, it's brushed off as roleplay.

King Burgundy posted:

I love role playing. I do it multiple times a week. But I probably haven't done it much in mafia, given the nature of the game. I'm pretty confident I've done it briefly before too, but note, I didn't even put much effort into continuing it in this game either.

... obviously I'm talking about roleplay within a mafia context. Why would your personal role play experience be relevant here?

King Burgundy posted:

Also claiming I pulled back only after diffusing heat seems like scum narrative to me. Because among other things, it all happened in the course of 6 minutes as I caught up and read. I note you don't include the post where I obviously realized you were just confused:

That's just your narrative.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

No, it was a jokepost made during jokephase. I thought that was obvious.

See above.

I found it amusing because in the last game I played (which just ended) a scum player killed his fellow scum partner and then claimed PGO in order to prove town status. I called bs and ended up being correct. This has nothing to do with this current game and probably was better left unsaid.

You’re right, there was no context. Hence the “having fun” part of that post.

##vote b-minus1

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

A) You think it is scummy because it seems fake, correct?
B) I agreed it was fake, because I was roleplaying, correct?

A+B = Yes, I addressed it directly. You are trying to present a false narrative.

If you want to continue trying to sell this, please provide me with an example of words you would have expected from me on this that you would have found "normal". The reason I keep asking for this, is because I think this is all fake and I don't think there is anything you can provide here.

king this is exactly my point. when you can say 'i was roleplaying' in response to scummy content, it gives you the ability to deflect any criticism. i probably would have dropped it on my own if not for your continued insistence that you don't see the point at all here. there are serious points embedded within your roleplay but i'm not allowed to address them because it's all being painted with the same brush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
binus your own post history is full of shitposts, as we just discussed

• Locked thread