Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sure.

So a medium can only use their power once dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Medium can talk to dead players every night while the medium is living. Then once dead, the medium has a one time use ability to talk to one player of their choice at night (they use the ability whenever they choose).

It's a fun way to keep the dead players engaged in the game.

I agree.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'd like one where I can talk to people as long as the people talk back. I'm horribly chatty.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

12 hours is plenty of time, you paranoid nincompoops.. I'm going to go eat.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

>ignore all

im writing a bomb rear end will

Kashuno posted:

:)

also my will owns

Are they so good it's worth killing you? I'm not above a good piece of the written word.

Mr. F! posted:

Tired Moritz, stop posting please. I cant stop looking at Rachel Rays 80085

It's not polite to stare.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jamuraan posted:

So who are your scum partners? I'm going with Glowku and Chaoslord. Longshot on Kash and 2 pennies

I would've said Fisk and Mr. F myself.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jamuraan posted:

I guess I misspoke, what I should have said was "TM will definitely poo poo post more than anyone else"
Which is pretty much just as bad as lurking tbqh

Worse even. It requires you to read more.

My #1 pick?

##vote b-minus1

Kashuno posted:

Lmao don't get ahead of yourself fam, no one advocated a chain lynch there. Looking at you and examining you closely (maybe idk investigating you?) is not the same as insta-lynch you next day. Dial it down

Game just got real.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mixture of jokey and complimentary posts. Getting on people's good sides without super participating. It feels hollow to me. At least hollower than the other people I've been reading.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Besides b-minus maybe Retrofuturist based on feEliNgs. (They're supposed to look queasy).

I'd vote Fisk since I hate having to parse his specific flavor of poo poo-posting. And on a lark Gulag cause I want to see their amazing will.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Comedy option is voting me off cause I won't be around in about 30 minutes till about... 2 pm GMT +1 if all goes well. Or 8 pm GMT+1 if things go poorly. Really depends on if I can get into the wifi at work tomorrow.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That said my will isn't very good or funny or clever. I tried briefly but I came to the conclusion that I am not in very funny.

As for useful... well I've said everything of use here already. And as for how useful this stuff is, is up to the reader to decide.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The thing about meta is that it can be gamed and/or meaningless. Not remembering post history is good because as you said it lets you go in fresh. You should do this regardless because of what I said. The only meta I tend to standby are the ones regarding players I have trouble reading altogether i.e. Fisk.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

it could be a frame up

Framer's dead.

Kashuno posted:

Why post this and not the player?

The hesitancy reminds me of the set-up to a convoluted plan. As long as they got it in a will, then whatever. Or whisper it to someone so it's in multiple wills just in case.

Either way not priority.

Hal being the scum is incredibly unhelpful. He didn't talk to anyone let alone at all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm heading out for now and I'll be back later this afternoon when more of you are awake. There's something to be said about the posts around deadline though I haven't read it through enough to come to a conclusion.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Really? I can't think of many people who don't agree with Kill all lurkers. I know I'd definitely act on that. Heck, if you consider the death of Clord, I can't see what else motivated that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Ok I'm back. And everyone has disappeared.

I don't like that MrF continues to speculate about roles on d1, but I'm not reading him as overly suspicious. Maybe just trying to figure out the game. FL, 1000years and peramene are giving me strange vibes but I'll hold off voting for now, we still have a few hours before EOD

This was a badpost but the one following it where B- reluctantly votes FL is better. I won't continue on this train of thought for now.

Mr. F! posted:

Why vote fl?

Real question has Fisk ever answered when asked?

Kashuno posted:

Why post this and not the player?

Right. ##voteperamene. I don't know if they're lying or not, but the fact that they're being coy can only mean they're scum as far as I'm concerned.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What're are RF's and Mayor G's thoughts on things? They're barely present.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's fair. I asked since you were one of the few people that hasn't said much, but who I think would if asked.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I think full claiming roles is a bad idea. I think this format heavily relies on mechanical info; having roles shutdown by NK's is scum's goal. At least 2 nights of info is probably better than weak N1 data foiled by losing that power role N2 to NK.

Unless you def found an anti-town role, in which case, probably best to say it.

They don't necessarily have to claim. We got lucky with the SK getting Hal, but thinking that the SK is particularly useful to town is silly since they have a much better chance of whittling down our numbers. Considering how many killing roles there are in the game, our safety in numbers can drop fast and put us at serious risk.

The fact that a soft-claim scares Pera gives me reason to believe that they're avoiding it because soft-claiming reveals them as scum.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting this is an open game.

##unvote peramene

That was generally the main thrust of my argument. But why then won't they reveal?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

peramene posted:

Obfuscating this tactic is scummy af imo and nothing should be more damning of Kash (beyond my report) than trying to.

Thirty words a post is loving hard.

I will say posting a series of posts isn't really solving the issue? If it's easier on you just do one or two posts. Makes reading the whole thing a lot easier.

And why do you think SK has some use in Salem, if not mafia?

Because like I said too many killing roles can knock our numbers down fast.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

peramene posted:

especially since JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THAT loving DEADLINE

peace ya'll

You can't be serious. That's no reason to altogether kill discussion.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well, I'm ok not going after Kash today. But that's only because he got lucky with Hal yesterday. It keeps him on a pretty tight leash all things considered. If he gets a non-town player tonight then again why not, but the second two town go down one night we need to remove him.

##vote Jonathan Fisk

Largely unhelpful, inscrutable, and impetuous. I don't know what their angle is but it doesn't strike me as pro-town in any case.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What did I just say? Generally unhelpful.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Why would I be pushing peramene to out the SK if I was the SK?

In hopes we silence before the truth comes out?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

That doesn't make any sense considering the whole defense phase

I agree, hence the question mark and the sarcastic tone I had in mind while typing it.

I don't know why you attacking her necessarily exonerates you though.

Jamuraan posted:

You are scum.

Soon enough the rest of the town will see it too.
##vote Glowku

"How do you figure?," I asked inquisitively.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jamuraan posted:

10 pages, a SK kill on scum, a town lurker dead, plenty of claims flying around.

Now read Glowku's posts individually and tell me his tone matches that of the game.

I was willing to buy it this:

Mayor Glowku posted:

It's a small game, and I'm bad at posting especially when there's a lack of content

at the time but it's true that things are happening now. And he's done a bit of a periphery no-show.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Glowku could just as easily be disinterested town though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does disinterested town=ambivalen scum?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't think Fisk is jester cause he just plays like this. All the time. I do get the impression he's being particularly unhelpful this time around though, so scum.

I've got no issues voting off Glowku, but I get his feelings about having trouble getting invested. For every interesting post worth an analysis there are 20 more that are pointless or slap-fighting. I'm willing to believe Pera in regards to Kash, but I'm also willing to let Kash live for one more day, since he did a good deed yesterday.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well he doesn't get any credit with me since I generally think he's a bit of a pain to play with.

Fisk your schtick is fine, it's just frustrating since I genuinely do have trouble making heads or tails of it. It's to the point I can't figure out if he's jester or just an all-around saboteur.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

But we can't just say, "Oh let's not play until some last-second panic". What difference does it make that he says it now rather than later?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

"I'm willing to believe Kash is the SK, but i would rather go for something unconfirmed." This is scum tactics because they know that if I were the SK they could just eliminate me at night

Well you seem to have town's best interests in heart, giving us a freebie. That earns enough cookie points to gently caress us up for 1 night as far as I'm concerned. I don't see why scum would waste their kill on SK when all it does is help whittle down the numbers in their favor.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

these two are conflicted

A) "SK has town's best interest at heart"
B) "Scum would be silly to kill the SK because it favors them to keep around"

Did you read where I said you earned cookie points? It's my way of saying thank you for offing Hal.

Because it's true you're more likely to cause more damage to town than not, which I figure scum would approve of, BUT seeing as we're still at a D1 parity by my count, you've earned the right to keep hacking away at them (or any other 3p). Considering we can put a stop to you the second you put a toe out of line, it seems alright to me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You do it well, as much as it bugs me, so don't change.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I am not the SK, and I was most assuredly not jailed last night.

Does my use of the second person upset you?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Tbf if town had left me alone I would’ve killed 2 of the scum myself

That's what I'd been saying! But doesn't matter because you didn't try to kill scum last night. No more goodwill for you ##vote kashuno

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

sorry, not sorry, work and I saw relatives I haven't seen in years. Voted guilty as a jest. Good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

my schedule was not as conducive to this as I would've liked. Fun idea though. I like the many access to chatting, that's a good idea.

• Locked thread