Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm worried about this season. My fear is that it's going to turn from a show that's very self-aware and funny to just another woke comedy show. Between them bleeping whenever they say "Trump," the rewriting of a good amount of this season, Abbi and Ilana being major Hillary stans (Ilana's Instagram profile pic was Hillary Clinton a few months after she lost), and the general direction that Comedy Central has gone in this year... I'm not very optimistic.

Gaunab posted:

Ilana Glazer got married during the break! Congrats to her! She also starred in Rough Night with Scarlett Johanson and Paul W. Downs.
I think you mean "mazel tov!" I know it's not realistic to think "I'm gonna marry this famous person" but this news still breaks my heart.

Edit: My sister went to high school with Paul Downs.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nichael posted:

It wasn't this at all, this episode was great. Maybe one of the best. Definitely another example of how Broad City's good at managing to be edgy, really funny, and kind of sweet simultaneously.
I watched it last night and I thought it was as great as the average episode. Looks like my fears were unfounded.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

safely sodomized posted:

i was afraid the trump stuff would be too ham handed but him on the bus was pretty hilarious
I loved the homeless man's ranting that translated to "Donald Trump will become president' when played backwards.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought the cold open was an example of try hard wokeness that someone worried about earlier in the thread. Like we'd all love to shut up pro-life protesters and I suppose that's funnier than giving them a Sorkin style list of facts but it's still pretty cringey.
I thought it was good, for what it's worth. It was making a point but it was also trying to be funny.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I feel like this season has been a real step down in quality. The first episode was decent, but after that I just haven't found it nearly as funny as previous seasons.
I still think that the middle of Season 3 is the low point. All the same, I don't find this season to be as consistently and raucously funny, and there are fewer moments that manage to be incredibly bizarre yet still relateable on some level.

Edit: Been thinking it over a bit... the best Broad City episodes are the ones where Abbi and Ilana go on misadventures through an exaggerated version of New York, which was practically the entire show up until the middle of Season 3. Outside of the season premiere, there haven't been any episodes like that so far. It's been focused more on their personal experiences and hangups.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 16, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is there another season after this? I can't imagine this going on for much longer since Abbi and Ilana probably want to do more with their careers than just this show, sort of like Key and Peele.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

^burtle posted:

As a generic white dude in 2018, I recognize that I am not the target audience and I enjoy it while not getting mad they aren't pandering to me.
I never saw Broad City as trying to pander to an audience that isn't "generic white dudes," in spite of the widespread belief from people that don't watch it that it's going for that woke comedy audience. At its best (in other words, all of the first two seasons and the beginning and end of the third season), it's like a live action comedy where wacky, cartoony things happen while they stumble around NYC.

• Locked thread