Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
GGG isn't doing enough to win with these judges.

e: I'm probably way behind but the 10th is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dirp posted:

This is the first "big" boxing match I've watched that is actually really good which means I'm almost positive the decision is going to be completely retarded and remind me why boxing actually sucks.

This is always a good prediction with boxing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

butros posted:

117-111 GGG - Canelo took the 12th

Canelo fought the 12th, at least half of it, like he should have fought the whole fight. Get your rear end off the ropes.

(I know that's easier said than done against GGG, who's super good at cutting off the ring)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

118-110 Canelo :stare::stare::stare:

loving Adalaide Byrd.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DeimosRising posted:

I said it after Ward Kov but every time I give boxing another chance it spits in my face. Great fight though

I mean, it was a great fight in the ring. That's all we can really ask out of boxing at this point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kinda interested to see the adjustments for the rematch.

GGG knows he can walk through the best Canelo has to offer, Canelo (after watching tape) should know that he owns GGG in the middle of the ring.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Danny LaFever posted:

Yeah but he goes to the ropes because he can't handle GGG's power.

That was the weird thing! He didn't at first. He just wanted to try some bullshit Ali rope a dope thing, and then Golovkin started catching him and it was 'oh poo poo' and he never got back.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Danny LaFever posted:

Now I can wait for all the reasons Golden Boy can find to make this fight not happen for two years.

"Gotta wait for Golovkin to get old" is a solid strategy to be honest.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Andro posted:

Y'all pay too much attention the Lederman card. He's a loving idiot.

For what it's worth I was completely uninfluenced by Lederman and not watching HBO and had it closish (2-3 rounds) but very clear for Gennady.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skip My Posts posted:

i was really impressed with Canelo

I was impressed too. He lost, or should have, but that was a fine showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skip My Posts posted:

i thought his punches would have more of an impact on golovkin

In retrospect this is what I found impressive I guess? When you're completely unable to hurt a guy, and you're a fighter who's used to hurting people like Canelo is, I thought he did quite well to survive while he was clearly gassed and steal a round or two at the end of the fight.

• Locked thread