Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

fingers crossed for quick knockouts on the undercard so we can get this on before anything goes wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

here's my overly specific prediction:

canelo gets dropped early, rallies in the middle round, ggg takes over late for a late stoppage or ud.

remember that this is just the opinion of a stranger online...

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

https://twitter.com/ryansongalia/status/908033670182604800

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

main event around 3am i believe all being well

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i'm just going off what it says in the op tbh. i'm already flagging so it probably will end up being 5am because all of the undercard fights will go to points

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i just remembered it's buffer doing all the intros so it may well be 5am next saturday by the time the main starts

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

what fight are we upto

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

we should ban undercards imo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Gozinbulx posted:

Y'all are loving crazy if you don't like this fight.

it's 3:40am and i've been going to bed at half 8 all week

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Jack B Nimble posted:

You uk or European watchers, I always thought you'd set an alarm to get up and watch, rather than staying up. poo poo, I hope you get a good show for your trouble.

i've tried that a few times and i either sleep through the alarm or stay awake stressing that i'll sleep through the alarm

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Do fights start based on a schedule or is it more "okay that fight ended let's start now"?

more of a 'ok that fight ended let's start the next one in 25 minutes for some reason' tbh

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i want a war

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

saul looks NERVOUS

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

we made it lads. the fight is here

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

rematch imo

weird lack of body shots from ggg

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

dont ruin this, judges

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

looooooooooool gently caress off

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

byrd's scorecard is too blatant to be corruption, it's just incompetence

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

golovkin is a loving machine and canelo did well and enhanced his reputation and now it's all overshadowed. good night pals

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Grittybeard posted:

Kinda interested to see the adjustments for the rematch.

GGG knows he can walk through the best Canelo has to offer, Canelo (after watching tape) should know that he owns GGG in the middle of the ring.

ggg goes to the body more and stops him imo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Andro posted:

Y'all pay too much attention the Lederman card. He's a loving idiot.

what did hbo score it?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

https://twitter.com/maravillabox/status/909284855971762176

the king has spoken

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Kilometers Davis posted:

lol @ everyone who after the may/mac fight heard about this fight and figured "hey maybe I SHOULD check out the actually important huge fight coming up" lol

I mean I'm a boxing fan in general. I'm not going to be completely put off like people trying to get into the sport based on a few recent fights. I haven't followed the modern stuff closely in forever but I was hoping this would be an all around awesome moment coming together. Of course it gets mangled up. Boxing is loving depressing and it doesn't have to be. It is genuinely draining to follow most of the time.

the best way to watch boxing is to check in the week of a fight and check out at the final bell, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

people overrate canelo's power. his highlight reel knockouts have come against khan, a chinny welterweight and kirkland who'd previously been knocked down by a jab. he couldn't even wobble an old cotto.

• Locked thread