Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CaveGrinch posted:

Already confirmed Adam Scott won't be back this season due to scheduling conflicts with his new show, sadly.
What's his new show called again? I totally forgot but it looked great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's definitely possible, since I can't imagine Schur would want to throw out any character development.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure this ends with them teaming up with Michael in some way, at least temporarily, since Michael ends up in as bad a situation as they are.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure long-term this story is about how hosed the good place/bad place system is. You'd think Chidi would be questioning it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you don't think Janet's murder scene is funny I don't know what to tell you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Your Taint posted:

To me it seems like Chidi had some serious anxiety issues going on which shouldn't condemn you to the Bad Place imo.
Well, it does. Everyone goes to hell. Suck it up, buttercup, that's just how God runs the show.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

blue squares posted:

drat you called it a week in advance!
I mean, it's sitcom writing. Sitcoms do a lot of things really well but the writing isn't hard to predict. It's why Brooklyn 99 fucks up every time they try to have a plot. Luckily, Good Place is better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Given that Good Janet is supremely helpful, and Bad Janet is supremely unhelpful (and rather crude), I imagine Medium Janet is only vaguely helpful. Like... she'll do what you ask, but will only put in the minimum amount of effort. And she doesn't come when called, you have to trudge over to where ever she's standing. And she roams around, so you can't just park her in your livingroom. You have to search her out.
She's Cactus Janet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

Ha. I could have sworn she said bitch. drat you brain!!
Nah, it sounds super similar and it was right before a cut. I get it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

double nine posted:

what is it about cleveland that makes tv shows take a stab at it? First Blood Drive, now the Good Place. It can't be that bad, can it?
Everyone wants to live in the Cleve, as 30 Rock established, and sometimes people get jealous.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

i am the bird posted:

Based on season 1's depiction of Sean, I feel like they changed directions a bit to make him the boss/supervisor.
He's Michael's boss whom Michael pitches his idea to at the meeting in the last ep of S1.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The bees with teeth take a lot of management.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If extrapolate logically from the trolley problem, it becomes clear that if we kill one-sixth of the world's population, the rest will live forever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I wonder when Michael will realize he accidentally created God.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

If they go trans, they get a pass. Then the academy can feel better about giving awards to women
:chloe:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Nah. I think pretty much everyone figured this whole "Michael and humans trying to keep the other demons happy while becoming better people" thing was going to run out the season, at least, if not become the ongoing premise of the show.

Now, however, Shaun knows, and it's out the window. Like, unless it turns out that what we knew about this possibility was basically entirely wrong, I'm really not sure where the show can go from here, because our heroes are totally hosed.
That's why the show just got canceled. Schur says they "wrote themselves into a corner" and will "just run Parks and Rec reruns for a while."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

howe_sam posted:

Wait, Vicki is the voice of Sabine in Star Wars Rebels? :aaa:
She also played Walter White in Breaking Bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CPColin posted:

It's a place where no matter what style of fish taco you order, there's cilantro on top. And if you ask for no cilantro, they don't tell you that the sauce also has cilantro in it. So you end up having to send it back twice and order something else while all your friends are already done eating.
Why did you order a fish taco?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CPColin posted:

Because fish tacos are delicious when there's not an atom of cilantro in them!
[A deep sigh that continues until I deflate like a balloon and collapse.]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

for some, very very sad, people, cilantro tastes like soap. it's a genetic thing.
Fun fact: It's actually because they're picky little European douchebags.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Each of you people is uniquely terrible and stupid. Not FAU, he's ok.
:hfive:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's okay to admit you have nothing left to discuss.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

I wonder if they could do a pseudo-crossover of sorts by getting the cast from Better Off Ted to guest on The Good Place. I could see Jonathan Slavin and Malcolm Barrett as demons, easily.
We find out the actor who played Ted is in the Bad Place for trying to kill John Hamm.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unless you have actually met the Native side of your family, you aren't.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I have, and I am. Sorry.
That was a general "you," not specific.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

Fair enough, but I think you can see how it came off that way seeing as how I'm the one who brought it up. :)
Yeah it's legit, I skipped at least a page.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hanales posted:

So partner and I are really enjoying this show, and we are caught up. Also caught up with superstore. As fans of sitcoms, especially of parks and rec, community and in those veins, any other shows in the last couple years we have missed that we can get started on?
Apartment 23
Fresh Off the Boat
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

All pretty close to what you like.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also assuming you've seen the 2000s-era classics like 30 Rock and Arrested Development? Better Off Ted, too, if you missed it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

I hate musicals but the first season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is great! Still need to watch the 2nd.
You need to get caught up with the most recent episode right away.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

Aspartame is a trillion times better than that oily bitter sucralose poo poo
I like them both.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

What I truly don't get is the point of those boxed cakes. Just get the flour and sugar and other incidentals on your own! They'd serve a purpose if they had egg and oil solids already in there, but as it is they are pointless.
They taste good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

College football is good though
*sharply inhales*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just lol if you've never had a corn dog good enough to eat plain.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vienna brand sausages (NOT to be confused with canned Armour "vienna sausages") are the best hot dogs I've ever had, but for some reason are extremely difficult to find outside the Chicago area. I had a box ordered on dry ice once and it was worth every penny.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

A Chicago style hotdog with relish and onions and a poppy seed bun is easily the tastiest doggin' I've done.
Same, I don't understand why Vienna don't sell nationwide.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He's great in Big Mouth. So is Nick Kroll, who people also dislike.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

New thread title: Maximum Derek! or What the here?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rashida Jones

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And she'll play God in the show, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

double nine posted:

I'm beyond eager to see what hot water Shawn is now into. Such a public scandal can't be good for his career, especially considering he was angling for a promotion from this experiment.

Can we have Shawn team up with the humans pretty please?
He can only fail up.

• Locked thread