Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I've been keeping up with the thread and am still very interested in joining the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Be sure to remember that this is not standard continuity and we are in the very early days of the X-Men. So try to steer clear of any characters/concepts that are heavily mired in X-Men continuity. If you're keen on playing a time-travelling offspring or an alternate reality clone or anything like that, wait for at least a few more episodes. Right now we've only just finished the first ever mission.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Wolverine // Jane Doe Jamie Howlett [Public]

"Alright, alright. Let's get this over with quick, Professor. You've heard the story before and I'm pretty drat sure I'm not going to remember anything new just by telling you about it again."

"So, first thing I remember, I woke up under an overpass. I'd been buried under a bunch of blankets and cardboard. It was cold. Real cold. Snow on the ground and all that. There were a few other people under the overpass, but they booked it pretty fast once they saw I was awake. When I took a look at myself, the reason why became pretty clear. I was pretty messed up. Not hurt, but covered in blood and dirt. And the claws were out. Those do tend to have an effect on people. It took me a bit to get my bearings. To start asking some tough questions like 'Who am I?' and 'Where am I?' No real answer to the first, not then and not now, but once I cobbled together some clothes and went walking I found the where. Calgary."

"Now, I didn't have any idea what the hell to do next. I didn't have any money, any sort of ID, and I was wearing hobo blankets. I just walked. Maybe I figured I'd stumble on to some answers if I kept moving. Maybe it was some sort of instinct to stay on the run. That went on for a while. I wandered around for, what, must have been a few hours. No clue why a couple of guys decided I was a likely target for a mugging, but they did. Big mistake. They pulled a couple of guns on me and I saw red. My body knew what to do. The claws came out and drat near eviscerated them both. Cut straight through the pistols, too."

"I got nailed a few times, but that didn't do much but make me madder. No surprise, huh? You've seen me heal from worse, Professor. Well, interestingly enough, it turned out I had a bit of an audience. The guys I worked over were apparently with the FK and moving in on FOB turf. Emphasis most definitely on were. The FOB punks watching me fight figured that I could do a helluva lot for their crew, mutant or not. They tailed me for a while, waiting for me to come down from the rage, and when I did... they made me an offer. Maybe it was naive of me to take them up on it, maybe it wasn't what I 'should be doing with my gifts.' But you know what? They gave me food. Clothes. A sense of purpose. Somewhere to belong."

"I did some bad things for them, sure. I won't deny it. But it wasn't like you were right there to pick me up. Your fancy machine didn't find me for three years, let alone however long I've been around before that. So. There it is. Are we done here?"

Datafile posted:

Affiliations
Solo — d10
Buddy — d6
Team — d8

Distinctions
I'm The Best There Is At What I Do
Mysterious Past
A Chip On Her Shoulder

Powerset — Feral Mutant
Enhanced Reflexes — d8
Enhanced Strength — d8
Godlike Stamina — d12
Superhuman Senses — d10
SFX: Berserk. Borrow a die from the doom pool for your next attack action. After your action, step up the doom die and return it to the pool.
SFX: Focus. If your pool includes a FERAL MUTANT die, you may replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up dice.
SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma. 
SFX: Feral Cunning. Spend 1 PP to add Superhuman Senses (or step up by +1 if already in your pool) and reroll all dice when taking an action.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech, earn 1 PP.

Powerset — Weapon Plus Program
Adamantium Claws — d10
Psychic Resistance — d10
SFX: Adamantium Skeleton. On a successful reaction against an edged or blunt attack action, either convert the opponent’s effect die into a WEAPON PLUS PROGRAM stunt or step back your effect die and inflict it as physical stress. Spend 1 PP to use this stunt if the opponent’s action succeeded.
SFX: Fearsome. When using WEAPON PLUS PROGRAM powers to inflict emotional stress, add a d6 and step up your effect die.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore telepathy or mind control.
SFX: Walking Arsenal. Against a single target, step up or double a WEAPON PLUS PROGRAM die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
Limit: Heavy Metal. On a magnetic attack or while swimming, change any WEAPON PLUS PROGRAM power into a complication to gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication
to recover the power. 
Limit: Toxic Metal. If Godlike Stamina is shut down, take d10 physical stress at the beginning and end of every Action Scene.

Specialties
Combat Master — d10
Covert Master — d10
Crime Expert — d8
Menace Master — d10
Vehicle Expert — d8

Milestone — "...And What I Do Isn't Very Nice."
1 XP — When you first choose to inflict physical stress in a scene.
3 XP — When another hero rebukes you for your violence or you threaten another hero with violence.
10 XP — When you kill someone in front of innocents or recover from your berserker rage in front of innocents without having inflicted trauma on anyone.

Milestone — "Am I Just A Weapon?"
1 XP — When you discuss your struggles with your past.
3 XP — When you use your WEAPON PLUS PROGRAM to create an asset, power stunt, or complication for an ally to use.
10 XP — When you either resolve to embrace your past and use the skills of a Weapon for good, or have resolved to start a new and better life.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 27, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Still interested, but with a villain with a similar powerset not sure if mysterio would work.

Edit- confirmed no app this episode

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 29, 2017

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
I'm still interested, and more importantly, still like Anole, so I'll just repost my earlier app!

"The fun fact about bigotry is that it's something that's taught. I come from this teeny little town in Illinois, and I manifested my powers pretty early. And you know the funny thing? People didn't care. Don't get me wrong, they didn't think I was normal or anything, but they weren't afraid of me. It was just "oh, the Borkowskis have a lizard boy" and everyone went on with their lives. Hell, I was downright popular in middle school, because nothing's cooler to a bunch of ten year olds than being able to catch flies with your tongue."

"It wasn't until the government started talking about'the mutant problem' and 'pro-human organisations' start showing up in the media that people started getting weird about me. Suddenly I wasn't just the Borkowski kid, I was a mutant, and part of this vague threat to the status quo that's got everyone afraid. And that's when the bullying and threats and crap started up. Luckily, Xavier's came in with a full scholarship, and I got out of there, but it wasn't all great. My parents don't want me to worry, but I sure as hell don't buy that our house burnt down after I left because of an electrical problem."

"It's been nice being around other mutants, but it's...I don't know, there's a few other students like me, who can't pass without image inducers, but most of them, they can just go out in public as they are. With all that anti-mutant sentiment going around, I've got to be more and more careful just leaving the campus. As much as Professor X talks about teaching humanity about open and peaceful coexistence, the fact is that if he wants to go out on a date as himself, no one's gonna huck a broken beer bottle at an old man in a wheelchair minding his business. That's not a luxury I have."

"Yeah, I know this sounds a little bitter, and I try not to begrudge anyone just because they look human. We're all in this together, right? It just gets frustrating sometimes. Mostly I vent online; there's a couple useful mutant support groups on the darkweb, as long as you avoid the 'pro-human' guys catfishing for your personal information. From what I'm hearing, things are getting pretty bad out there, and honestly, that's what's motivated me to try and join the X-Men. Maybe me and Professor X don't see eye to eye on everything, but he's right that we need to create some sort of hope out there."

quote:

Anole
Victor Borkowski(Secret)

Affiliations
Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8

Distinctions
Drama Club Alumnus
One Big Arm
Put Me On The Team!

Reptilian
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Speed d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Enhanced Strength d8
Invisibility d6
Wallcrawling d8
SFX: Claws. Step back the highest die in an attack action pool to add a d6 and step up physical stress inflicted.
SFX: Self-Healing. Spend a doom die to recover Anole’s physical stress or step back Anole’s physical trauma
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Reptilian power to earn 1pp. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complication or tech, gain a pp.

Specialties
Acrobatic Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8

Milestones
“Welcome to the X-Men, hope you survive the experience.”
1xp For asking if you are now a member of the X-men.
3xp For taking stress in an Action Scene alongside an X-man.
10xp For either being inducted as a full fledged member of an X-team or walking away from X-folk forever.

Can't Pass for 'Normal'
1xp When you show yourself in public without concealing your true appearance
3xp When you get involved in a conflict due to ignorance or bigotry.
10xp When you begin to pursue ways to permanently conceal your mutations OR find a way to show humanity you are no longer interested in their judgements.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Changing my app to something a bit more traditionally X-folks.

WIP
M
Marius St. Croix

Born to the Consul General of Monaco, Marius St. Croix grew up in the comfort of wealth inside New York City. Even as a child Marius displayed notable physical and mental capabilities which only became more pronounced after puberty. His grades were exemplary, his athletic performance extraordinary, his constitution outstanding, his teeth absolutely perfect. It was like St. Croix was walking between raindrops, effortlessly executing the most difficult task perfectly. Marius St. Croix was absolutely miserable. Massive talents give way to massive problems. It wasn't until he accepted the invitation to the Xavier Institute that he fully understood how true that was.

M's mutant power isn't to be perfect, but that's close enough to work as a pithy summary. Record setting physical endurance, excellent memory, razor sharp reflexes, record shattering physical strength, an unsinkable immune system, a pleasing vocal tone, luxurious hair. Periods of total anhedonia. Dysthymia. Unrealistic self expectations. Hypersensitivity to potential social rejection. When you're perfect, the expectations of others are magnified. When you know you're perfect, the expectations you hold for yourself are massive. There's no option to underperform when you are peak performance. Marius is currently undergoing personal sessions with Professor Xavier relating to his self image issues.

This issue of self image may also explain Marius' hesitance to explore or develop the mental facets of his mutation. He has psychic potential that remains unrefined, another source of pressure for the young mutant. Surprisingly, his perfectionism begins and ends with his own actions, and Marius is extremely forgiving of others and their mistakes. After all, nobody else is 'perfect'.

quote:

Affiliations
Solo — d8
Buddy — d6
Team — d10

Distinctions
Perfection Is My Mutant Power
Never Let Them See Me Sweat
Cares A Lot

Powerset — Mutant Mentalist
Enhanced Senses — d8
Psychic Resistance — d8
Telepathy — d8
SFX: Focus. If your pool includes a Mutant Mentalist power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die.
SFX:Superhuman Intuition. Shutdown Enhanced Senses to add an Expert specialty or step up an Expert Specialty to Master. Activate an opportunity or participate in a Transition Scene to recover power
Limit: Moody. Earn 1 PP and step up emotional stress caused by doubt, guilt, or selfworth by +1.

Powerset — Peerless Physiology
Enhanced Reflexes — d8
Enhanced Speed — d8
Enhanced Stamina — d8
Superhuman Durability — d10
Superhuman Strength — d10
SFX: Adrenal Boost. Shutdown a Peerless Physiology power to step up another Peerless Physiology power. Activate an opportunity or participate in a Transition Scene to recover the power.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Peerless Physiology power die to your pool. Step back each Peerless Physiology power die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 pp.

Specialties
Combat Expert d8
Tech Expert d8
Psych Master d10

Milestone — So Much Potential
1 XP — when you discuss your mutant powers.
3 XP — when you hide how many superhuman abilities you possess
10 XP — when you either decide to seek out a way of unlocking your incredible potential, or decide to hide your extensive mutant abilities and settle for being "perfect"

Milestone — Date or Die
1 XP — when you flirt with a super hero or villain.
3 XP — when you confess your feelings to a crush, or ask for another’s advice and acceptance about your feelings.
10 XP — when you either accept another’s feelings for you, or lack thereof, or leave your team rather than deal with the rejection of your crush.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 4, 2017

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Decided to app a new character since Random might have too many complications.

It's seasonal, and he is canon as a mutant!

Edit: And there actually is a datafile! I'm actually considering a few different options and will try to post something later.

Lager fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 30, 2017

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

quote:

Mercury
Cessily Kincaid (Secret)

Affiliation
Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions
Peacemaker
Go with the Flow
I Don't Want to be Different

Bio-Mercury Form
Intangibility d8
Magical Resistance d6
Psychic Resistance d6
Shapeshifting d8
Stretching d8
Superhuman Durability d10
Wallcrawling d6
Weapon d8
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1PP to ignore stress, trauma or complications from attacks that only target organic beings
SFX: Invulnerability. Spend 1PP to ignore physical stress of trauma caused by energy attacks.
SFX: Malleable. Before you make a reaction including a Bio-Mercury power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up a Bio-Mercury power for this reaction.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 PP.
Limit: Vulnterability. Step up physical stress from electrical attack to gain 1 PP.

Specialties
Acrobatic Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

Milestones
Hesitant Mutant
1 XP when you discuss your misgivings about a mutant adventure.
3 XP when you plan a mutant adventure, throwing yourself into your life as an X-Man.
10 XP when you dedicate your life to the Xavier Institute and the X-Men, or gather together a group of mutants and embark on a different path.

Unuspportive Family
1 XP when you discuss your family's hatred of your mutant powers.
3 XP when you confront an anti-mutant bigot.
10 XP when you either make peace with your family's bigotry, or exile them from your life until they can love you for what you are.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Submissions are looking fairly good so far, but I'll drop some feedback on them sometime tomorrow.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sunspot

Roberto da Costa grew up with every possible advantage as the son of billionaire Emmanuel da Costa, the richest businessman in Brazil, and Nina da Costa, an archaeologist and educator. Roberto is pardo, or mixed-race, coming from a preto father and a caucasian mother from America. From the family estate in Rio de Janeiro, Roberto was raised to take over the family's sprawling business empire. Emmanuel encouraged his son to pursue excellence in every field - whether academic or athletic. Roberto has taken the advice of his father to heart, learning to speak 6 languages fluently while also being considered a potential recruit for the Olympic soccer team. In addition, young Roberto has had training as a pilot and martial artist. Roberto is a major celebrity in his home country, and recognizable abroad to foreign press as well.

Of course, that was before his powers began to manifest. His family, humiliated by their son's...condition...tried their best to hide Roberto's mutation. But whenever Roberto goes into the sun for too long, it seems to happen - suddenly the young Brazilian's skin becomes black as night, with a brilliant corona surrounding his silhouette. Fearing scandal in the press, his family leaked a story that Roberto is undergoing an extensive rehab program and sent him away to the Xavier institute, believing that Charles Xavier would cure their son of his mutation. Apparently, his parents believe that alcohol and drug abuse is preferable to the truth of his status as a mutant.

Roberto has never felt this isolated, or this powerless. Despite his incredible new powers, Roberto is now without the resources of his family for the first time in his life. While he receives a sizable allowance and is still ironically living in a mansion, in Roberto's mind he is suddenly destitute. Avoiding the press whenever possible and staying indoors as much as he can, Roberto is only now becoming comfortable with the other students at the estate, struggling to regain his confidence and swagger.

Notes: My version of Bobby is a kid dealing with abandonment and isolation. A rich kid who - despite living in a posh mansion with plenty of money to throw around - feels that he has suddenly become one of the little people. A guy who has no understanding of what actual hardship or real life is like for non-plutocrats, but is still genuinely emotionally distraught over such a sudden betrayal by his family. I suspect that Xavier pitched his school as being able to help Roberto control his mutation, and Emmanuel da Costa simply heard, "We'll fix this!" He's convinced that means a cure, not education and self-actualization. For Bobby, though, once he gets past some initial culture shock I suspect his powers will soon become a way to cut loose and feel invincible again, and pretty soon he'll have abandoned any desire to be rid of his newfound abilities.

quote:

Sunspot
Roberto da Costa

Affiliations
Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Distinctions

Prideful
Keep it Secret
I'll Just Buy it - Problem Solved!

Harness the Sun
SuperHuman Strength d10
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Solar Blast d8
Flight d6

SFX: Energy Absorption - On a successful reaction against an energy-based attack action convert your opponent's effect die into a Harness the Sun stunt or step up a Harness the Sun power by +1 for your next action. Spend 1 PP to use this stunt if opponent's action succeeded.

SFX: Immunity - Spend 1 PP to ignore stress or trauma from heat, fire, light.

SFX: Beserk - Add a die from the doom pool to one or more attack actions. Step up the doom pool die by +1 for each action; return it to the doom pool when you are done.

Limit: Its so Dark - Shutdown all Harness the Sun powers and gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Limit: Mutant - Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific complications or tech.

Specialties
Business Master d10
Combat Expert d8
Vehicle Expert d8

Milestones

My Temper Gets The Best of Me
1 XP The first time in a scene you take a personally dangerous stance out of pride or anger instead of reason
3 XP When a stance you have taken out of pride or anger puts someone you care about in danger
10 XP When you choose to enter a destructive long term arrangement for someone you care about after your pride/anger endangered them or choose to leave someone you care about to an undesirable fate you could have prevented after your pride/anger endangered them

Black Sheep of the Family
1 XP When you lie about your status as a mutant
3 XP When you publicly use your mutant abilities and are recognized in the event
10 XP When your family cuts all ties, abandoning all hope of a cure for your...condition, when you successfully convince your family that you are cured and return home, or when they accept you for who you are

Lager fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 4, 2017

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Today got away from me but the episode isn't over quite yet. I'll give some feedback tomorrow after I've had some rest, although remember to do some background details! A datafile by itself isn't ideal, especially if you've made changes.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Tricky posted:

Jane Doe/Wolverine

A pretty interesting take on Wolverine and I gotta admit, there's a lot you can do with a Wolverine when it comes to X-Men storylines. I like the gang member aspect, although I would presume that having a younger age for the character kinda means no actually-a-hundred-year-old part to the backstory bits that got mindwiped away by secret government agencies, etc.

One absolutely minor thing: technically should be "Weapon Plus", not "Weapon X", but that's just me being a pedant.

Green Bean posted:

Victor Borkowski/Anole

Still a solid submission from last time, I don't think I have anything new to add on that score.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Marius St. Croix/M

I like this one a lot, there's a lot of good X-Men drama fodder in the backstory, and a nicely rounded set of powers that aren't too potent or too scattered. I especially like the hesitation on the mental aspect of things, that's got some good potential to be interesting.

Platonicsolid posted:

Cessily Kincaid/Mercury

No backstory yet on this, so I'll get back to you when there is one.

Lager posted:

Roberto da Costa/Sunspot

The powerset is neat, I like interesting abilities like energy absorption... and the limits that come with them that I can ruthlessly exploit :v:

The backstory is good, very solid, good opportunities for drama and empathy and some of that traditional X-Men soap opera. Or telenovela, in this case :v:

Now, I'm still weighing my choices on all this, but I'll do my best to make a decision within the next couple of days.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
My apologies, I came down with something over the weekend. Less said about that, the better. But decisions have, eventually, been made. This was about as tough as the first time around, because there were way less spots to fill.

Jane Doe/Wolverine as played by Tricky
Marius St. Croix/M as played by Mr. Maltose

Once again, sorry to everyone who didn't get in, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Anyway, on with the show.

Wolverine has to figure out what the Professor's motivations are in making her part of the X-Men. Although she's been showing an admirable command of her abilities under training simulations, her other studies are fairly weak at this point. Missing memories will do that to you. The idea has probably occurred to her that she's being put under watch of the biggest, toughest students just in case, but the Professor insists it's to enable her social skills by giving her the more familiar environment of a team, rather than a classroom. However, the fact that this move has come after the broadcast declaration of mutant/human war... well, maybe the Professor has secondary agenda. Wolverine can definitely smell the worry on him whenever the subject of Xorn is brought up.

M is going to be less puzzled over why he's on the team now, because the Professor himself suggested that being part of the team might help Marius to conquer his doubts by giving him the opportunity to rely on others. Top marks in both the classroom and the Danger Room mean that he's qualified, of course. It's up to Marius to decide how his tenure as one of the X-Men is going to go.

You'll be able to join in once the post marked "Episode Two" goes up. I'll be expanding a touch on some of these details in that post.

And once more: Adelina Cruz/Magma (ibntumart) is retired from the game for the time being. If ibntumart wants to play her again, then they can apply for a future episode.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Holidays mean posting will be slowed. Just- puttin' that out there. I figure most folk will have the same but, whatever you're celebrating, I hope it's a good one :)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Yeah, I'm with family over Christmas and the New Year, so things'll be slow for me too. Don't worry about posting so much, but let's try to pick things up in 2018 after we're all well-rested and in good spirits :dance:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
My posting has been delayed a bit, and will continue to be delayed a bit, due to a cat emergency. Gonna have to take my good boy to the vet.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Cat status: problematic but not life-threatening, also theoretically fixable in the long run. Game update to come tomorrow.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Just a note that Gambit is always ready if a new character is needed and to ping my rear end on Discord if that is the case :v:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I'm trying to get this update done, I've just been having a bit of a difficult time lately, and it's rather a climatic post to work off of so I need to do it justice. But rest assured I'll have the game updated soon.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Hey, been reading the game. It's a lot of fun and I really enjoy it. Have especially enjoyed the Colossus/Rita big brother/little sister relationship. Keep it up. :)

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hey, been reading the game. It's a lot of fun and I really enjoy it. Have especially enjoyed the Colossus/Rita big brother/little sister relationship. Keep it up. :)

this rules as a thing to see! Thanks :D

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Y'all gonna make me double post, huh?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Fuego Fish posted:

Y'all gonna make me double post, huh?

Fixed that for you. I wasn't really expecting Donna to have to dive on the grenade, but I suppose as the rookie she'd be the first to try to get things figured out.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
OK, episode ending post comin' up tomorrow. If anyone wants to talk about switching characters or dropping out before episode 3 starts, let me know.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Thanks Fuego for letting me put up a quick advert here!

I've started up another MHR game, this one based on Exiles. If anyone wants to join in, feel free to throw an app into the mix! I'll be closing recruitment May 13th.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855520

Lager fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 29, 2018

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
As episode 3 nears its conclusion, I am pondering doing a bit of a cast shake-up and rerecruit. I'd appreciate some confirmation from the existing players before I make any choices, though.

edit: If you feel that you're not getting enough attention in game, have a chat in here or on discord. I'm full of ideas but I wanna talk to you and find out what it is that you want out of your character.

If you've been following this thread for a while, you can go ahead and submit a character concept for consideration. Remember you can always discuss plothooks and character arcs with me! Your submission does not have to be a fully-formed idea right from the get-go!

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 29, 2018

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Withdrawn.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 29, 2018

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Current player requesting character change.

Cyclops -> Wolfsbain.

- - - -

"It's funny how love makes people do crazy things. How it makes people crazy. My Dad loved me, I know he did, somewhere in that screwed up head of his. He felt love for me. But it's hard growing up a single child in a religious household. You feel suffocated all the time. Forced to attend these services and forced to talk to a big skyman like he's listening. I used to think he was. I don't know when I stopped. Sometime around the time I started getting into my rebellious youth faze. Rock music, weird clothes, whatever I could do to push the boundaries. He used to get mad a lot at that time, drank a lot. I used to think he was getting mad about the music.... that or the wolf thing...

On reflection, it was probably more the wolf thing."

Conservatism and religious fanaticism seemed to go hand in hand in Rene's household when she was growing up. Her father believed himself a true blue blooded Tory Christian. Despite his Scottish working class roots. He tried to be a important name around town, well known, popular. He'd probably been dreaming of running to be a local MP. But when his darling daughter started showing the signs, it changed him. At first it was just embarrassment. But that quickly turned to terror as the wolf started to make itself known. Mr Sinclair didn't believe in mutation. But he did believe in god and the devil. And quickly came to the conclusion that this was a test from God. He would save his daughter's soul. Whatever the cost. After all, was he not a God loving man?

That was when the torture began. Mr Sinclair would shave, beat, scald, scold, brand, and attempt exorcisms on a daily basis. Becoming more and more deranged as the changes became worse, and more uncontrollable. He withdrew Rene from school, kept her locked in the basement. Playing hymens and bible verses loud to cover the sound of her pleading screams for help, for mercy. For her father to stop. But stop he did not. She couldn't make him understand. The hair grew back faster then he could remove it. She barely felt the blows, And his attempts to purge her of evil left her less and less in control of the fury building inside her. He wasn't helping her. He was making it worse. So so so much worse...

She prayed every night to God, prayed to be free. To make things go back to the way they were. But her prayers did not go answered. Things came to a head when in one last desperate attempt. Mr Sinclair, hired a priest to attempt a fully sanctioned exorcism, as opposed to his attempts, cribbed from what little information he could get on the internet. But Rene had finally lost control.

She woke up miles away in the woods. Confused, alone, and smelling of smoke. She let the Wolf guide her, keep her alive. She stayed away from people when she could. But a full sized wolf eating sheep in Scotland tends to draw a lot of attention. Eventually she was tracked down by a roving band of hippies. They gained her trust with food, and soothing music, and were delighted to discover she was far more then just a wolf. Inducting her to the exciting and welcoming world of the Wiccan. Rene learned to worship the moon. Worship the earth, and for the first time in weeks, felt that little spark of faith returning. She also learned to temper the Wolf, and edge it towards domestication. Though the work is far from finished. There's at least as much Dog as there is Wolf in her. She stayed with them a while, always worried that she was putting them at risk. Until Charles Xavier arrived to induct Rene into a whole new family. A family of people like her. Maybe the family she's been craving all along. The X-Men!

Rene feels a bitter sense of betrayal towards her father, and the faith he loved so much. Despite herself she still feels a pang of loyalty to it, and finds the old habits of saying grace hard to break. But her faith has been rekindled in the pagan worship of Wiccan. Whether this will be forever, or merely one last small act of rebellion, only time will tell. Having spent so long as a Wolf, Rene finds herself struggling to resist it's temptations. The Wolf is like a sudden rush, no time to think, only to react. At the best of times, she can temper this with her human mind, less wolf and more dog. But when emotions are running high, the hunt is on, or there's blood in the air. The Wolf is all consuming. And Rene has little choice but to go along for the ride.

quote:

Rene Sinclair
WOLFSBAIN

Affiliations Solo: d8 | Buddy: d6 | Team: d10

Distinctions d4(+1PP) / d8
- Advice Is Free
- Embrace the Earth Mother
- Wild Side

Power Sets Mutant Lycanthrope
Enhanced Reflexes d8 Enhanced Stamina d8
Enhanced Strength d8 Growth d6
Superhuman Senses d10
SFX: Berserk. Add a doom die to your next attack action. After your action, step up the
doom die and return it to the doom pool.
SFX: Claws & Fangs. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6
and step up physical stress inflicted.
Limit: Guilt. Step up emotional stress inflicted by moral or religious dilemmas to gain
1 pp.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 pp.

Specialties
Acrobatic Expert d8 Menace Expert d8
Mystic Expert d8 Psych Expert d8

Milestones
Faith
1 XP when you discuss the strength to be found in a higher power.
3 XP when you exhibit guilt over your lupine instincts.
10 XP when you either reconcile your religious upbringing with your mutant gene, or
lose your faith and find something to fill that spiritual hole.

Wolf Form.
1 XP when you relate to other humans with instincts that you have taken from your wolf form.
3 XP when you display your humanity while in your wolf form.
10 XP when you declare your human form as secondary and decide that your truer side is your inner wolf, or find a shapechanging mentor who can help you reconcile your human and your wolf forms.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 11, 2018

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
BLUNK!

"Hello, hello. My name's Clarice. Blink, to friends or well, fancy mutant sorts.

I was born in the Bahamas - Cartusia, specifically, but as much as you might think growing up in a place that people consider to be paradise, uhm, nice - it was, in a word, boring. Fortunately, when the whole "puberty makes you a freak" thing happened to me, it provided me with a rather convenient way out: teleportation!

Sure, at first it was just little hops. But once I figured out I could 'blink' myself onto departing cruise ships or airplanes, the sky's been the limit! Actually, I think it might be higher than that?

It's easier if I've been to a place before, or if I can see it, because well, blind jumps are uh, dangerous. But if I know of an open spot, generally I'm good to go. So, I traveled, at first in little eight hour bursts, to wherever I wanted to go. Then the trips got longer and more, uh, complicated. Sometimes I went places I wasn't supposed to be. And maybe I stole some stuff. But I mean, I was young(er), and it wasn't like it was anything anybody would miss.

Right away, anyway. These things have a way of catching up with you, though. And while I was pretty uhm, untraceable, I decided something of a world tour was in order. To expand my horizons. And uh...let the heat die down back home, too. I guess.

Eventually, though, I ended up in New York. Who wouldn't want to see it if they got the chance, am I right? I mean, wow, Times Square is...massive! And uh...maybe I was also...there to uh, rob a bank (the US dollar is pretty valuable, ok?) And then the Police got involved because I wasn't paying attention and I went to open a Rift and then guns got drawn and people were screaming "Don't move, mutie!" - which by the way, is really sort of rude...

...uhm, anyway, and then this voice in my head stopped everything. No, not my conscience. That Professor fellow, instead. You know, you. And you told me where to go. And there I was - ta-da! I gotta say, class has been boring, but less boring than back home, at least. I mean, when your classmate bursts into flames or their yawn blows out the wall, it's bound to be, right? But - that's not what's keeping me here. What's keeping me here is what some of the other students have been saying has been going on, with, you know, some of the other students. The ones who get all those "special classes"?

Apparently there's some sort of team you're recruiting for or something? You gonna fill me in? Or do I have to go explore?"

quote:

Clarice Fergusen (Blink)

Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6

Mercurial Moods
Fae Trickster
Consummate Wanderer

BIO-MOLECULAR SPATIAL DISPLACEMENT
Teleport d10 Weapon d8

SFX: Blink Rift. When using Teleport to create a ‘Portal’ asset, spend a PP to add a d6 and step up the effect die.
SFX: Displacement Knives. When using Weapon to create a ‘Displaced’ complication for a target, spend a PP to add a d6 and step up or double the Weapon die.
SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a BIO-MOLECULAR SPATIAL DISPLACEMENT power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.
SFX: Versatile. Replace Teleport with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.

Acrobatics Expert d8 Combat Expert d8
Covert Master d10 Crime Expert d8

BLINK AND YOU'LL MISS IT
1xp when you act overly excited to cover up a misgiving or fear about the current situation
3xp when you let the mask drop to reveal your vulnerable, shy, depressed side
10xp when you finally let someone in to help you with your fear, doubt, and guilt; or when you convince yourself that everything's just fine with no one's help

TAG!
1xp Whenever you do what someone else suggests, despite how you feel about it.
3xp The first time in a scene you go against an order in a dangerous situation to follow your instincts
10xp When you agree to be a team-player for someone you trust, or when you decide to form your own team with you as the leader.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 27, 2018

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I think a death-powered vampire on the team might be a bit off-tone for this game.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
So I was at a con the last few days. If I've been real quiet, it was because I had to prepare for the con, then travel to a halfway point, then to the con, then go back, then unpack. Frog as I left her had more or less been capable of being just kinda offscreen though as I recall, so no harm done I suppose! Should be able to get back into this with another scene change.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Fuego Fish posted:

I think a death-powered vampire on the team might be a bit off-tone for this game.

:negative:

Dang, probably. I'll have to see if I can cook something else up.

EDIT: I did, look above!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 31, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Still open for recruits?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Fuzz posted:

Still open for recruits?

Until the end of the episode, yes. That might take a few days or more.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Remy LeBeaux, AKA Gambit

Being an orphan in the Big Easy wasn't as bad as some folks made it out to be. Remy never knew his parents, and had spent most of his formative years in the St. Faustina Home for Wayward Souls, an incredibly Catholic orphanage run by a woman who could've cowed the Incredible Hulk and shamed him out of his rages. Remy was a smart assed, rebellious child who was still devout in spite of his attitude, and found himself on the wrong side of a ruler and sleeping on the floor of a storage room more often than not.

Then came puberty. Things changed drastically for Remy when he came of age; Mother Superior Francine had expected to simply whallop the skinny lad for the usual thirteen year old shenanigans, but it turned out he had a touch of something special. One morning, after a particularly sassy bit of back talk with a little bit of hormonal frustration behind it, Remy decided to take the Mother Superior's ruler from her hand and throw it across the room. What neither of them expected was the resulting detonation and the brand new hole in the west wall of the sancturary.

After that, Remy didn't have much of a home at St. Faustina; the boy was a devil, an evil soul sent to vex the Mother Superior, and she ran him out while he drowned in his own shame and guilt. Remy believed her for awhile. He was a creature of sin and evil, and his powers, certainly no gift from God, proved it.

Remy took to the streets of New Orleans after that, stealing and lying to get by. Little by little, sin by sin, his acceptance of him being some sort of monster grew, and with it so grew his boldness. Before too long, he caught the eye of an old, one eyed man who saw the boy's dexterity and talent and brought him into a brand new home: La Voleurs Maison. He learned how to defend himself without his powers in the basement of a resturaunt known for its crawfish po'boys, and Remy LeBeaux finally found what he thought was his calling in life.

Well, until he caught wind of the Institute. He had heard of people like him, and had even run into them every now and again working for the guild, but they had only reinforced what the Mother Superior had told him about himself, and his kind. But now he wasn't so sure.

For the first time in six long years, he questioned everything about himelf. Was he really where he belonged? Even though he claimed he was heading northeast simply to see if he could con free room and board out of them, it was really his faith and every question that followed with it that took him to the mansion. He had no clue what to expect or if he could even get in (part of him scoffed at the idea of not being able to get in somewhere), but he had to go and find out for himself just who he really was. The Almighty has to have a plan, no?

Identity
Remy LeBeaux (Private), Gambit (Public)

Affiliations

Solo D6
Buddy D10
Team D8

Distinctions
Arrogant Acadian
Crisis of Faith
Nervous Around Women

Savate Training
Martial Arts d8
Enhanced Agility d8

SFX: Burst of Energy. Step up or double Martial Arts or Enhanced Agility against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice to your total.
Limit: Conscious Activation. While stressed out, asleep, or unconscious, shutdown Savate Training. Recover Savate Training when you recover that stress or wake up. If you take physical trauma, shutdown Savate Training until you recover that trauma.

Molecular Acceleration
Kinetic Control D10
Energy Blast D10
Enhanced Reflexes D8

SFX: Multi-Power. Add a second power to an action and step back both dice.
SFX: Area Attack - Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target
SFX: Bigger The Object, Bigger The Charge - When creating a Kinetic Control asset, add a D6 and step up the effect die.
SFX: Playing Every Card I Got! - Step up or double Energy Blast or Kinetic Control for one action (or spend a PP to do both). If the action fails, add dice equal to Kinetic Control or Energy Blast to the doom pool.
SFX: Uncontrolled Flare-Up - Step up Kinetic Control or Energy Blast. As long as this SFX is active, both 1s and 2s count as opportunities.
Limit: Lose Control! Gain 1 PP and turn Kinetic Control or Energy Blast into a complication. Recover power by testing against the doom pool or entering a Transition scene.
Limit: Exhaustion. Shut down Kinetic Control or Energy Blast and gain 1 PP. Recover the power by activating an opportunity or entering a Transition scene.
Limit: Mutant - Gain 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific abilities or tech.

Specialties
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Acrobatics Expert d8

Sacré Mutant!
1 XP when your religion is brought into the discussion by someone else
3 XP when you are forced to silence your conscience to aide the team, or when you refuse to aide the team for moral reasons
10 XP when you finally find your faith in all of the turmoil, or finally give up on it all

Cassawho?
1 XP when you are flirted with and made uncomfortable
3 XP when you make a fool of yourself to escape the attentions of a woman
10 XP when you become the Gambit every reader knows, or take a vow of chastity

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 5, 2018

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Just a couple of things to note that are rather important in the Exceptional X-Men "canon" (such as it is): family bonds.

If you're related, you're going to have similar powers. Forge's mutation is technological omniscience, his two kids have technopathic and technomorphic mutations. Mastermind can put illusions in people's heads, her kid brother can take them out of his own head. You're not going to get two mutants who are related but have vastly dissimilar powers.

Plus, powers don't work on family, provided they're also mutants. Mastermind can't put illusions into her brother's head, for example. And while she can still see her brother's illusions, she knows they're illusions instinctively and can't be fooled by them. However, both siblings could influence their non-mutant parents, if they wanted to.

There are limits to this. If your mutation is knives in your hands, they're going to cut up anyone, regardless of if they're related to you or not. But maybe this is counterbalanced by your family mutation also granting rapid physical regeneration? Something to think about, Wolverine.

Family, both by birth and that you find yourself, is a bit of a theme in X-Men, and the Exceptional universe is no different. If anything, it's even more integral.

Also this works for clones and possibly alternate reality versions of yourself, just so we're covering all the usual X-Men bases.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Calvin Rankin, AKA Mimic

Calvin grew up in squalor, the mutant son of a washed up Biochemist who had had all of his brilliant inventions stolen away from him due to poor business sense and pride. At a young age, Cal had to learn to live off the streets to survive, picking pockets, shoplifting, and eventually car theft to help his mother make ends meet. It was during this period of vagabond life that his powers manifested, when he inadvertently mimicked the power of a man with superhuman strength, causing Cal to rip the door off the vehicle he was trying to steal. Over time he learned to control the strength, and instead began seeking out others with powers for him to mimic, initially with the thought to use said powers to make his family rich. It was at this time that the Professor found him and recruited him into the fold, Xavier initially promising to help care for Cal's mother in exchange for the boy's permission to be taken upstate... the joke was on old baldy, of course, Cal was mainly in it to see what other powers he could acquire.

Over time, he learned the limits of his powers and grew to love the school itself, more than anything simply because he had a family now and no longer needed to be alone. When Xavier formed the X-Men, Calvin was an obvious fit.

Identity
Calvin Rankin (Private), Mimic (Public)

Affiliations
Solo D8
Buddy D6
Team D10

Distinctions
I'm a Natural
Tug of War
Humble Beginnings

Mutant Mimicry
Mimic D12

SFX: Just like the Real Thing. Spend 1 PP to absorb a single power SFX from a nearby target along with its relevant power dice. Any dice absorbed in this manner are stepped down by 2 levels or halved, and are permanent until voluntarily released. If a new SFX shares a dice pool with an existing SFX, the pool is stepped up one level. All SFX costs and limitations still apply.
Limit: Poker Hand. A maximum of five other powers can be retained at any given time.
Limit: Catch and Release. Sacrifice a single power SFX to regain an empty slot and gain 1 PP. A vacated slot cannot be activated until after the current scene is completed, however a power SFX can be absorbed in that time for future use.

Specialties
Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Master d10
Covert Expert d8
Menace Expert d8
Psych Master d10
Science Expert d8

All the Powers
1 XP when you successfully acquire a new Power SFX
3 XP when you use someone's powers against them, or have a power similar to one you possess used against you
10 XP when you successfully help a teammate improve or control their power by using it yourself, or actively nullify a teammate's power by using it against them

Identity Crisis
1 XP when you speak about your mutant nature, or hide it from someone
3 XP when you use your mutant nature to intentionally put yourself in danger, or hide it to avoid personal harm
10 XP when you intentionally take a power specifically because it betrays your mutant nature, or avoid taking a necessary power specifically because it would betray your mutant nature

EDIT: Note, I'd like him to probably start with a few mimicked powers, but obviously it would depend on team composition and whatnot. I left it all blanked out to leave it at Fuego's discretion, should Cal make it in. If anyone has any pointers on tweaks to the sheet, I'm totally open to it, I kinda just cooked it up myself because I couldn't find an existing one.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 5, 2018

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

"It's just Lee."

"Ugh. No. I am that Jubilation Lee. Like it's a common name?"

"Would you want to advertise it? 'Uh, hi! I killed my parents then spent six months on the run scaring every mall cop in SoCal!'"

"No, I didn't really do it. What difference does it make? Still did a year in juvie for it before getting scooped out into here."

"You really want to know? Fine, okay, sit down and let me paint you a picture:

So, here I am, sixteen, comfortably middle-class, with two parents that love me and a promising gymnastic career ahead of me. So, of course I was rebellious. Tattoos, piercings, black trenchcoats, heavy music. So, then it turns out I'm a mutant who can make killer lightshows from my hands? Yeah, of course I was gonna show that off after a few at a house party. So what, right? My parents are squares anyway, telling me I just needed to be careful when I cried to them about what a freak I was the night I first blew up the TV. Screw them for getting mad when they find out two days later, right?

Yeah. I thought so too. Stormed right out, shouting about how much I hated them. Then, the house exploded.

I'm sixteen, and my home just exploded, with my family in it, right behind me. I bolted. Maybe not the best decision, but who knows if turning myself in would have made a difference anyway.

I didn't really plan to head to a mall. It was just what was nearby when I finally noticed it was getting late. But, hey; beds, bathrooms, and food. I could have done a lot worse. And, as it turned out, night staff scare real easy when you can make your own special effects.

It wasn't until tomorrow that I caught the news that the cops were looking for 'Jubilation Lee, the couple's mutant daughter, in connection with the crime.' I don't know how, but they knew. Everyone knew, really, by then.

Look, I've got nothing to prove it, but I think someone killed my parents trying to kill me. For being a mutant. We'd gotten a package that morning, that's all I've got, but the fact that the knew I was alive and a mutant by the next morning? Someone had to have told them that.

From there, it all just kind of progressed by momentum. I scared mall cops to have a place to sleep at night, as my growing notoriety as the 'Mall Witch of Southern California' slowly spread enough for someone to put two and two together about that wanted mutant. I did not scare as many of them as say I did, though. Mall cops are a cowardly and superstitious lot.

Anyway, one morning, I wake up to SWAT. You know the rest; "TEEN MUTANT WITCH CONVICTED OF DOUBLE MANSLAUGHTER!" I mean, who was the jury gonna believe? The tatted mutant, or my bigoted-rear end neighbors? As if they had actual experts in mutants?

So, yeah, then I did a year in juvie. Learned to take a punch. Learned to throw a punch. Then, somehow, I wound up 'remanded to the Xavier Institute'. Which, for me, has been like trading up prisons to somewhere with nicer wardens and slightly fewer noses broken over lunch, considering how often I've left the premises in the past two years.

There. You happy now?"

"Great. I'm so glad we talked."

"I told you, it's Lee."

quote:

Lee
Secret identity: Jubilation Lee

Affiliations
Solo d8
Buddy d10
Team d6

Distinctions
Street-smart Mall Goth
The State V. Jubilation Lee
Moody Like A Firecracker

Pyrotechnic Plasmoids
Energy Blast d8
SFX: Blinding Flash. When inflicting a Blinded complication on a target, add a d6 and step up the effect die.
SFX: Area Attack. When attacking multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Full Force. Step up or double Energy Blast for one action. If that action fails, add a die to the Doom Pool equivalent to its normal power rating.
Limit: Mutant. Gain 1 PP when affected by Mutant-specific effects.

Specialties
Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Menace Expert d8

A Dark In The Lightness
"Well, first I found out I was a mutant. Then my parents got killed for it. Then I got blamed for it. And now I'm living out of malls. So, yeah, pretty sure the world sucks."
1 XP when you express cynicism in the face of positivity or positive developments.
3 XP when your cynicism is validated by further unfair misfortune.
10 XP when you decide to fight against this unfair world, either by providing hope for others, or by seeking justice on your own terms.

What's In A Name?
"There was a lot of coverage of my trial, but they at least had the dignity to let a minor avoid being photographed much. Most people just know the name. As if I needed more reason to try and ditch it.
1 XP when you insist on only being Lee, or otherwise distance yourself from your first name.
3 XP when someone recognizes you as Jubilation Lee, the mutant who blew up her parents.
10 XP when you either publicly accept your name and reputation, or get a new, better, name, like a real X-individual.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 6, 2018

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

"Kid" Beast

Solo d6 Buddy d8 Team d10

Distinctions
Genetic Activist
Renaissance Beast
Smartest Kid in the Room

Power Set: Bestial Mutant
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Senses d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Superhuman Strength d10

SFX: Claws & Fangs. Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back the
highest die in your pool by –1. Step up physical stress inflicted by +1.
SFX: Oh My Stars and Garters! Spend 1 PP to borrow the highest die in the doom pool
as an asset for your next action, then step back and return the doom die.
Limit: Mutant. Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.

Specialties
Acrobatic Master d10
Combat Expert d8
Cosmic Expert d8
Medical Expert d8
Science Master d10
Tech Master d10

Milestones
Mutant Sans Frontiers
1 XP when you use your Medical Expert to help a mutant recover stress.
3 XP when you choose not to engage in a confrontation in order to rescue or support
noncombatant mutants.
10 XP when you either allow a mutant to die or give up your status or reputation to
save a mutant.

Workplace Ethos
1 XP when you reveal a new stunt associated with your Medical, Science, or Tech
Specialties.
3 XP when you engage in a confrontation with another hero regarding your use of
your Specialties and your action or reaction total makes you the victor.
10 XP when you use a questionable Medical, Science, or Tech asset or resource to support a team member or you refrain from supporting a team member with your
Specialties at a critical moment.

Background
Dr Henry "Hank" Mccoy is a precocious genius, having completed a Ph D in mutant genetics at age 13 (shortly before, in a fit of irony, he mutated). His body now resembles a cat with its feline facial features and thick coat of blue fur (to say nothing of his fangs and claws), although it kept his height at 5' 6", so he's no towering Colossus despite his strength.

Before joining the Institute he spent most of his time bouncing from one Ivy League University to another, unable to maintain a focus on any single subject as he exhausted Major after Major looking for something that would hold his interest and eventually finding it in the field of medicine and genetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Some pretty neat submissions so far! You'll have a few more days at least to finalise your submissions, though. It's time for another talky portion of the episode.

• Locked thread