Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Obviously YMMV

I had this issue and it went away when I started to manually save and not rely on quicksave.

I still quicksave but I’m sure to manually save ASAP

I think it always crashed at a specific faction but a different faction each time it crashed per campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I actually loaded an old save from ~turn 65, played through to turn 89 (trying my best to gently caress up Clan Spiteel along the way to re-roll the dice of fate), but it still crashed on the very same turn. :(

Oh well. The sea monster ate me I guess.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Look man, try the actual official forum here - https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/support-total-war-warhammer-ii-campaign-battle-bugs.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

E3 is this weekend. Do you think we’ll get another big update to slake our Slaanesh-level thirst for more info, or just a continuance of the slow drip we’ve been getting the last few weeks?

Jeff the Gamer Dorito Pope is doing some sort of big game event this Thursday and WH3 stuff is in the hype trailer.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1401557815643172864?s=20

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

yeah they are mobile canon, they shoot skulls i think

Dramicus posted:

Forgive me if someone has already pointed this out, but I find it amusing that CA is adding Khorn, the blood good, and while they will probably carry forward the blood dlc for those who have already paid for it, a certain percent of people will have to pay separately to have blood with their blood good.

:hellyeah:

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

E3 is this weekend. Do you think we’ll get another big update to slake our Slaanesh-level thirst for more info, or just a continuance of the slow drip we’ve been getting the last few weeks?

They'll be showing off the tower defense mode again, so basically Battle of the Fallen Gates 2.0.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I had a kitbashed throne model once upon a time that had the super angry khorne dude, you know the one, in place of the demon.
It's a rad unit.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I like that the community reaction seems to be

Magic ice sleds: "Ew, no thank you"

Daemon motorcycles: "Hot diggity drat!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
red wuns kill fasta.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Grumio posted:

I like that the community reaction seems to be

Magic ice sleds: "Ew, no thank you"

Daemon motorcycles: "Hot diggity drat!"

Yeah, it's hypocritical as all hell and just goes to show that a) people are easily influenced by first reactions, and b) just being exposed to things for long enough makes people like them more. I don't understand how people can hate the ice sleds and make no comment on this. Honestly, I prefer Kislev's aesthetic more than Khorne when it comes to the weird units; they're both anachronistic but at least Kislev looks like it fits the period, they don't have literal motercycles. I don't mind either one, but that's because I understand this is an intentionally silly game world.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Wanting more grounded human units and more fantastical demon units isn't hypocritical.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its not hypocritical to like some things and not other things

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That demon motorbike is the Painkiller

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
both of these own. i hope that khorne's big bad top tier units are literal tanks

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

If Khorne gets his largest dread saurian sized units it's a big old gun covered demon mech called a Brass Scorpion.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Terrible Opinions posted:

If Khorne gets his largest dread saurian sized units it's a big old gun covered demon mech called a Brass Scorpion.

Is that (and other daemon engines like it) 40k exclusive tho?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i want the old school juggs in there, whole army riding into battle on a bunch of dang metallic cows.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mordja posted:

Is that (and other daemon engines like it) 40k exclusive tho?
it's a forgeworld 40k thing, but demon armies are supposed to be in both.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I usually uninstall and reinstall every update because it seems to get less hosed up that way.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

daemon engines like the defiler, Helbrute, brass scorpion, etc are 40k only.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

daemon engines like the defiler, Helbrute, brass scorpion, etc are 40k only.

Those are Chaos Space Marine units not Daemon units.

All Daemon units can be used in both. Even things like the Soul Grinder here.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I actually really hope the Soul Grinder is in, it has cool lore and I want a giant daemon mech walker no matter how much it clashes with some of the fantasy aesthetic

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Soul_Grinders

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dandywalken posted:

Agreed. Hypocrisy is a dumb way to approach the issue.

Liking one things but not another is fine. Trying to rationalize liking one thing but not the other as an objectively correct stance by arguing that icesled cannons aren't setting appropriate but daemon cannoncycles are, THAT can and should be made fun of. Because that's what nerds do, they try to invent reasons why not only do they like thing but they SHOULD like thing.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Dandywalken posted:

It can absolutely be hypocritical if the logic applied should be the same and isn't. For example, I had an earlier post that copied some Kislev hate that was going on a month ago -

orangelex44 posted:

Oh god I forgot the total war forums existed, I thought they were purged ages ago...

- and, while there is technically some nuance to what, why and how people were complaining I think it's forgivable to just look at the general tenor and tone and extrapolate to "if you feel this way about the bear sleds the motorcycle demons should probably also elicit this sort of response". The only reasons they haven't are a) Khorne has been around longer to settle into people's minds, and b) a minority of people made assumptions were made about Kislev based on basically nothing. From there, one person made loud noises early on and that drove the initial discussion.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Wanting more grounded human units and more fantastical demon units isn't hypocritical.

I... guess? But the human races are not really "more grounded". The Norsca have war mammoths the size of skyscrapers, werewolves, and whatever the gently caress Fimir are. The Empire has steam tanks, several types of exotic mount, and magicians who casually walk around with their goddamn hair on fire. The Bretonnians are French (OK, I'll grant some substance to them specifically, but they are more-or-less the exception that proves the rule at this point and they still have pegasi and the Green Knight). The Southern Realms don't exist in the game yet and when they do it will probably be with a ton of access to crazy mercenaries from throughout the canon. It's not about being "more grounded" IMO, it's about being "thematic" - and I think that the great disconnect was that many people (and it appears GW and CA) went "Kislev = bears, ice, and ice bears" as their primary theme while others wanted "Kislev = the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, but also kinda Russia?". Which is still a theme of the race, it's just not emphasized to quite the same degree. It's no different than claiming "Empire = Holy Roman Empire but even less holy or roman" and totally forgetting that there's a whole lot of other weird poo poo going on that often takes priority, like magic or hippogriffs of the Luminark.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
The pirates have a gundam. The cat is out of the bag. :henget:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Soulgrinders were introduced along with both settings' first army books for all-daemon. Despite the books coming out at about the same time, Soul Grinders were only in the 40K book. They added them to WHFB in later editions.

Tzeetch's signature gigantic daemon engine is the Silver Tower. It used to be only in Epic 40K I think, but they started to appear in Age of Sigmar as the setting for a dungeon crawler side game. One of them getting blown up in a recent campaign book is the catalyst for some apocalyptic status quo-changing magic stuff.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 8, 2021

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Babylon Astronaut posted:

The pirates have a gundam. The cat is out of the bag. :henget:

ya the necrofex colossus is ridic awesome too

tomb kings have animated statues that are powdered by souls

you can't convince me that these are ok but soul grinders is crossing a line

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Does anyone else think the Khorne stuff looks very bland in the way they present it? I know it's the blood god etc. but the units are all red and we are exclusively seeing them in landscapes that are...all red and orange, so the details of the models don't pop and everything just looks the same. Graphically the game doesn't seem to be as interesting as Warhams 2, and the trailers aren't doing it for me at all yet. Hopefully Cathay will look better!

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Rabelais D posted:

Does anyone else think the Khorne stuff looks very bland in the way they present it? I know it's the blood god etc. but the units are all red and we are exclusively seeing them in landscapes that are...all red and orange, so the details of the models don't pop and everything just looks the same. Graphically the game doesn't seem to be as interesting as Warhams 2, and the trailers aren't doing it for me at all yet. Hopefully Cathay will look better!

I agree. The Khorne map is just the worst for showing units, it has a very weird red tint shader that makes the red units look bad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We just saw the motorcycle of Khorne so I will disagree with the bland thing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

orangelex44 posted:

I agree. The Khorne map is just the worst for showing units, it has a very weird red tint shader that makes the red units look bad.

It's the same problem Oblivion had where a generic fiery hell just isn't a very exciting environment after like a minute. I do think Khorne is the least interesting of the Chaos gods because he's the most generic, but the motorcycle really was pretty rad.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Khorne is definitely the most "baseline" of the Chaos gods since really everything just boils down to being a hulking murderbeast from a slayer album cover

the other three are when we are gonna start seeing the weird poo poo

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

i am definitely down for fantasy tank battles

who isn't?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Last pages discussion shocked me to know that some people play total war games in 2021 without mods that disable agents.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Me declaring war on Itza as Clan Moulder as part of a package diplomacy deal to get the World Walkers on my side: Dumbasses, I’ll literally never actually help you in that war.

Me, sixty turns later as two massive twenty stacks from Itza arrive on the west coast of Estalia and sack Bilbali: Well well well, if it isn’t the consequences of my actions.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Rabelais D posted:

I think this is one of those weird problems were "brimstone and fire" hell is just so played out that you can't really make it interesting anymore unless you're doing a real good job channeling some Beksinski or something, and even then, it just gets kind of exhausting after awhile.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
As far as I can tell, Ham 3's map is made up of steppe, hell, and China, and they're not ready to show us China yet.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

orangelex44 posted:

Yeah, it's hypocritical as all hell and just goes to show that a) people are easily influenced by first reactions, and b) just being exposed to things for long enough makes people like them more. I don't understand how people can hate the ice sleds and make no comment on this. Honestly, I prefer Kislev's aesthetic more than Khorne when it comes to the weird units; they're both anachronistic but at least Kislev looks like it fits the period, they don't have literal motercycles. I don't mind either one, but that's because I understand this is an intentionally silly game world.

the ice effect looks ugly

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
There was a bit in the war sled trailer where one of the sleds hit a slope and with the way the ice was modelled on the sled, it looked rather janky. Anyway, come debate me and write a thesis on the flaws of my logic or whatever the gently caress goony poo poo you need to get out of your system because I think the ice crusting is too out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Fine, I'll make one last rebuttal then drop it.

Blood:

Fire:

Warpstone:

Ice (in hell):

Ice (not in hell and also in the trailer "ingame" engine, not an actual game):

I just don't see it being any more janky that similar stuff that exists.