Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

So starting as Tyrion, and I am just burying the dark elf armies on Ulthuan with the superior range of the basic archers.

This feels very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Uhhhh, swordmasters definitely perform much better than I expected from their stats, maybe I did not take into account martial prowess on the campaign map?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

All these talk of mortal empires makes me wonder how the swordmasters will fare against old world infantry. I have become quite the fan of them and use them as my main meme damage source (using the sea guard to tar pit).

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Okay, I am really curious now. Where does this elf hate come from? It is kind of weird, considering I do not see anything like it over here (in Singapore).

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I know I have praised the swordmasters before, but eh...

It seems wrong to classify the Loremaster as a wizard when he can do terrible things to other units in melee.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I would like an Order vs Destruction kind of final ritual battle in ME. Then you get multiple doomstacks of allies and your own army vs the other side's multiple doomstacks.

Sure, that will kill my computer but what a way to go.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Sword masters get -2 melee defense...

...and the sea guards get +2 melee attack. Do these guys even need buffs?

Tyrion also got damage buff and a higher portion of his damage converted to ap (45% now).

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Only other race that really cares about TK are Lizardmen, since according to the Great Plan Nekhara is where humans are supposed to live. All humans. Including the humans living in the Bretonnian/Empire lands, and the humans living in Norsca. Humans are supposed to be in the Southlands. NOT UNDEAD. HUMANS. THESE UNDEAD HAVE TO GO, HUMANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. This switches from "we should help Khatep turn the TK back into humans." to "just kill them all and put the other humans there." depending on how Mazdamundi is feeling that given day.

I remember reading someone post about how the TK protect some human descendants of their old empire.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Cythereal posted:

They do, and in fact TK cities tend to open to trade with other nations and even immigration. The TKs view their living human descendants as their own subjects still, and the TKs tend towards a "firm, but fair" approach to governance. Obey the laws, pay your taxes, and don't argue with the mummies, and Nekhara isn't a bad place to live. You've even got unsleeping, undying armies protecting the land.

Individual Tomb Kings tend to be more (Khalida) or less (Arkhan) benevolent, but on the whole they're fairly hands-off.

That is cool, though how did any of them avoid being turned into mummies to have descendants? Outlying cities?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Nash posted:

What do people do for army composition late campaign Brettonia? I am used to playing factions that are not focused on cavalry and am at a loss of how much of my army should be inf/missile/cav. Playing as Louen, whom I have gotten some buffs for cav then pumped his personal combat skills.

Forgo infantry, knights for life - Go grail guardians and grail knights. Former to anchor the line, the latter for cycle charging.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

What's with all the choke point maps in TW 2?

Very fun as Khalida, what with buffed skeleton archers, ushbati great bows and caskets of souls to slaughter them as they try to come through the choke points.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Seeing an army composed entirely of Sisters of Avelorn open up on a target is AMAZING.

They are good, I suppose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

That's why you yell Blood for the Blood God and Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Harriers for the cup.