Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My secondary saurus-only-because-I-didn't-have-skink-building-yet army with only 10 units got ambushed by a huge Skaven army and somehow came through with only 33 casualties.

Sauruses rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just did the first quest battle with Kroq-gar and nearly booched it. Kroq-gar got wounded by the war hydra but a big clump of rampaging sauruses beat the poo poo out of the enemy lord and won me the battle.

Sauruses rock.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Which lines are best to focus on for Kroq-gar? I've got a hodgepodge of blue line and unique yellows, but I have the feeling I could skill him much better.

Also RIP my starting skink priest, too cool for this world.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks! Glad to hear I've been doing something right at least.

Also, just realised the skink advisor who gives the missions is called Yookannadoozat :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Kroq'gar and his army of 18 red line buffed gold chevron 11g upkeep saurus warriors and a skink priest are hilarious to watch in sieges. Just a massive tide of blue reptiles swarming over the walls and through the gates that the carnosaur/stegadon break down

Well I've found out what I'm doing next time I play Kroq.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dinos rule.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

For the final vortex battle do you get put in charge of a premade army or does it just bring the one army your LL is attached to? Trying to plan ahead.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well, finished my first game as Kroq'gar that I realised I set on Easy by accident, which I probably needed due to how terrible I am at the game :v:. Highlight of the game was my free dinos stack getting ambushed by a full Skaven stack and just eating them all :getin:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

I actually lost as Queek. Or lost enough I bailed, Last Defenders had an army consisting of 11 different dinos at turn 29 just roll through me, with their main stack and another full stack of poo poo in support. They were massive at that point, not sure how they got so many dinos into one random army, but it hosed me, I only had 4 lighting cannons at that stage.

There's a ritual that just gives you a ~10 stack of dinos for free, it's probably that.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It should be possible to get achievements post-victory right? Swear I should have triggered some but haven't seen a pop-up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Well it took me about 150 turns, and I could have probably just done this in custom battles for the novelty factor, but I finally have Kroq'Gar on Grimloq with 9 scar veterans on carnosaurs in a single army. Is it optimal? Probably not, but it is insanely bad rear end and fun. Almost every battle goes the same way though. I have 10 units of saurus warriors that hold the enemy in place (and almost always get completely massacred) and then the t-rex crew comes in and slaughters everything while it's nice and grouped up.

Just go Lord on carnosaur + 19 feral carnosaurs.

:getin:

Also you don't need to wait for siege engines because they bash down gates in 10 seconds.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

crime fighting hog posted:

Somebody on Reddit was posting theme forces and how ridiculous they can get. For instance, nothing but Ellyrian Reavers, a lord on a horse, banners that increase speed and so forth just dancing around the field all battle. Or 8 plague catapults and pad the rest out with skaven slaves.

It doesn't seem cheesy because it's such a one trick pony and easy to counter (what's all that cav going to do in a siege) but anyone else do something similar? I'm looking for fun ideas after I wrap up the HE campaign and do Skaven next.

Or Vampire Counts. Or Dwarves. Or Bretonnia...

Saurus oldblood on carnosaur and 19 feral carnosaurs.

:getin:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanquol's a pretty fun guy and I hope he makes it into TWW3 somehow. I had one of the novels about him where he raids a Lizardmen city and that was a decently fun read (although I seem to have lost my copy).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Getting back into Total Warhams after not having played in years thanks to the TWW3 announcement and started a Nakai Vortex game because his gimmick seemed interesting. So far in the early game he's pretty fun but I've been told that eventually the vassal faction becomes a pain in the rear end to manage and that it'll devolve into a bunch of whack-a-mole keeping the vassal safe. Are there any good mods that improve Nakai's campaign, or Lizardmen in general? They're my fav faction. Other good mods for other races are also welcome once I get around to trying other races.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A Perfect Twist posted:

Nah, his campaign isn't that bad. There's a rite that gives your vassal an army but the tooltip for it makes it sound like the army will only last for 10 turns or whatever but it lasts as long as it survives. If your vassal has an army then you can direct it a bit to defend itself but otherwise just hit them up for free wads of cash every few turns. Keep expanding and crush them all. Happy hunting!

Ah cool, I wasn't aware that I could just hit them up for cash, I had money issues clearing Clan Mange off the map for a bit. Turns out I didn't really need all those kroxigors, I still beat down their capital pretty easily.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone got any recs for youtubers who do full campaigns and are pretty chill that I can just throw up on a second screen whilst doing other stuff? I already follow Janet On Occasion but it would be nice to see the campaigns of the LLs he hasn't covered yet.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

How does Tiktaqto play? I've seen so little discussion about him that I thought that he was a freebie hero or something instead of a lord.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kept playing as Nakai with a couple of QoL mods to smooth the process and I'm having a lot of fun. Killed 3/4 of the hunters myself, my buddy Mazdamundi got the last one for me which still counted funnily enough. Nakai is hilariously tough, I don't have too many of the personal combat skills on him and got caught in an absolutely massive skaven ambush, literal rats swarming over the hills style, and he just went to work and managed to fend off 4 1.5k+ armies off. My own army took a massive beating, but with all the +replenish buffs that Nakai can get I was shipshape after like, 2 turns. Nearly done with the campaign, probably gonna try Tiqtakto next.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished my Nakai Vortex campaign, that was pretty fun. Did a little bit extra and kicked out all the warmbloods from Lustria. Think next I'm gonna try TTT in Mortal Empires, I haven't actually tried to play an ME campaign yet.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

IAmThatIs posted:

I finally got the Nakai dlc, and really enjoyed his campaign! I was kind of surprised the three heroes i killed during the campaign were back in the final battle though...

Anyways, the biggest disappointment had to have been razordons. They’re aesthetically good, but man do they suck.

Nakai was fun because it's just the logical conclusion of "smash your dino toys into enemies" because you barely even have to care about the building side of things.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jarvisi posted:

Can't wait to see the people who continue to only play empire and no other faction

This is me but Lizardmen. I like the dinos too much.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm one of the weirdos who kinda likes Nakai so I wouldn't mind too much if Beastmen take a page or two out of his book.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gonkish posted:

The Moot about to become the most powerful settlement on the map.

Khorne mechanics seem cool and good. A co-op Taurox/Skarbrand campaign would be loving hilarious: endless RAAAAAAGE and murder no matter who is doing the thing.

I thought the monogods would be kind of dull, but the mechanics for Tzeentch and Khorne thus far seem super thematic and interesting. I do want to see what they do for Papa Nurgle (aka big papa), because holy poo poo that could be fun. I hope it is like Pestilens plagues on crack, maybe with a bit of the BM herdstone plague fuckery and/or Norsca plague mixed in. I want Nurgle to be the "no, gently caress YOU, you're taking attrition damage you fucks" faction.

I hope that Pestilens and Nurgle can get into insane plague wars that just reduce everything into miasma in a 5-zone radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Janet's probably my fav because during his Imrik playthrough comments got him to rename one of his dragons Steve Harvey, but after looking him up later because he wasn't too familiar with who Steve Harvey actually was he said gently caress off to the comments next video and changed the dragon's name to someone less objectionable. He's also a cool trans ally whenever someone tries to make a joke about his internet handle. Just a good chap all around.