Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"Send the fit girls to sell to Canary Wharf wankers"

Gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"There's no value in selling food at lunch time, do it at 3pm"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Them burgers be full of meat.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

I'd love to buy random uncooked burger pattys off the street from hysterical, desperate people, labelled only "beef".

Organic Beef

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That Josh Gad looking fucker has the best worst glasses.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

I wish the teams weren't so obviously constrained by how they're allowed to approach these tasks. Why not just let them adopt whatever strategy they like to make money selling burgers? Maybe they just want to sell cooked ones or just want to sell to the trade or be one big team or three small teams or do a veggie burger but no it's got to be two teams with a loving 'sub team' leader with two types of meat sold in the same way. It's just too managed.

This is true but at the same time they also have to arrange to have a camera crew and other watchful people following them around and they have to schedule everything around what they do, so there's probably a hard limit on how flexible they can be. I'm guessing they were given a choice of 2-3 locations to sell in.

It also makes it easier to compare how the two teams are doing I guess? :shrug:

I don't know it's an awful show.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

It's easy to compare the two teams however they do it you just count the money.

Minute to minute I mean. 'The blokes' subteam are still packing burgers and the women's subteam are already selling leftover stock' is an easy way to compare (even though it's almost never accurate).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

The Apprentice doesn't have a narrator does it?

There always has been and he always says the same poo poo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rondette posted:

I was at Stone food fair today and saw this.

Alana was not present, but according to that 'Brand Ambassador' (sigh) she is very 'hands on' and they have spoke on the phone loads. I will let you know what the quality of the stuff I bought (2 for £5, fairly reasonable for the slabs we got) after we have eaten it.

Is... is that a woman choking to death in the background?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

Someone is going to take that "profit is important" warning to mean they should definitely drag flatpacked furniture out of a skip they spot on pavement somewhere and scrounge decades old tins of paint for free.

And Sugar will love it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Love when they knock insignificant amounts off the price for a 'big win' and to show off their negotiation skills when the seller could not give less of a gently caress about a tenner.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"These suitcases are loving awful so give me a discount"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Never forget.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's kind of uncomfortable that everyone's disappointed that the Chinese guy didn't take the maths jobs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rondette posted:

drat, I'd love a Scarfe caricature. First prize I actually would want!

Yeah that's legit awesome.

drat good beer he draws.

e: "Please come in, have a drink while I leave the room. I'll be back to draw a few of you, 30 seconds max per person. gently caress off."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

onoflalks posted:

Billy Big Bollocks Ross telling Sralan to shut it, he's gone

He's right though.

I like that he doesn't seem to realise what show he's on.

stev fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 11, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Surprised he didn't get called out on calling everyone 'dude' and not giving a poo poo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Also what was the point of the whole profit margin thing if Sugar just arbitrarily picked the winner based on nothing?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why did no one point out that they called the robot Semen?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"You're" cost them the task.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't believe how much they were selling those lovely dancing Echo Dots for.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jesus loving Christ a whole task dedicated to revering the glory that is Alan Sugar.

This is beyond parody.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

'Can I have this price?'
'Yes.'
'Ok can I have a lower price?'

e: Promising to hold a product for someone then telling someone else they can race for it? Don't go to this Amstrad dealer guys. Unethical behaviour.

stev fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 1, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Surely there's a million places to get Spurs scarves in London?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jesus getting that guy to drag an old PC across London when he's just put dinner on, then cancelling when he's almost there?

They should lose for being absolute knobs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bruges is one of the best places ever.

Ever.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

How can all those canals and bridges and cobbled streets and those churches, all that beautiful loving fairytale stuff, how can that not be somebody's loving thing?

It's all about the overpriced beer and the little pots of cheese and mustard you get with them.

And the stew. Get the stew at the Halve Maan brewery. gently caress.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

eating only apples posted:

All I took from this episode is after six tasks Elizabeth thinks Sajan's name is Sergeant.

Well I'll be damned.

Not sure what the Sarah Jane girl did to deserve a firing. She seemed semi-competent and it's not exactly her fault the tour itself was such shite.

If someone sold me a beer tasting in Bruges and it was just a lad talking poo poo about how drunk Belgian beer gets you I'd walk out and demand double my money back.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Marmaduke! posted:

As the PM she certainly shares some element of the blame for the lovely tour. But I think she was fired for not really making an impression. In last week's episode her entire role was sitting opposite the others in the taxi. Not actually really contributing anything.

She was sat in a room with Charles and Andrew though who actually did poo poo to be fired over.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Are the candidates paid to be on the show at all? I'd hope they get something if they literally can't earn an income for their families while wasting their time on it (obviously some have other businesses or income streams but not all).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Even just 'Expand' would've been a bit less poo poo. Or Expanse like the space thing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

According to the gutter press Michaela is £100k in the hole after a failed business venture.

Regarding post show success Louisa Zuissman carved out a career as a glamour girl or whatever they’re called these days. Beats stacking shelves I guess?

There was that woman that presented 5 Live too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

The growing sense that the teams have a very limited list of things they can do, and ways to do it, gets worse every year.
I'm pretty sure at this point the teams don't get to choose much of what they do in creative tasks and have a few themes to chose from. More tasks would have teams doing the same things otherwise, and Karen saying "they chose the Family theme" from last week was pretty jarring.

Also they were probably given like, three locations to choose from and one was listed as 'quaint, picturesque Norman village' and then they were forced to film there after picking it. Like, they could so easily have said 'lets just drive down the road to literally any town in the UK' but instead the 'chose to make the best of what they had'.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pretty cheeky asking them to pick up all the bird poo poo in a field covered in birds.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Elizabeth making an ethical, pro consumer move. She's gone.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

onoflalks posted:

How hard is it to pick up yer own dug's shite? It is not worth £125.

And how much can there possibly be in one garden?

e: Why do they keep using Canary Wharf for boardroom establishing shots?

stev fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 22, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why don't I recognise the blonde one? Was she there before today?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's literally going to get fired for swearing when they got the job anyway.

I miss when the show had proper unbleeped swearing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Anisa was alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

For the football box they were literally just there for a private room and alcohol so it was probably pretty difficult to wrangle a disaster out of it.

I know it can't happen but I'd really prefer a series where the candidates are just competent and genuinely seeing who can do their best in difficult tasks. Not picking up goose poo poo.

• Locked thread