Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

This may be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

How has everyone been lately?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Oh jeez e petes this thing started

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

That thing looks straight out of Small Potatoes/Shopkins.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I am less of a fan of jokephase, because I’m not funny.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I’m ##voting AR because he gave me an attitude when we were on the phone earlier.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

I’m ##voting AR because he gave me an attitude when we were on the phone earlier.

I guess he changed his name so I’ll double ##vote Juchero for being a butt.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Total scum move, gasping at my vote. Just admit it and sleep on the couch tonight.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina, what are those things under your and AR, or whatever he’s calling himself now, names? I don’t think I’ve noticed them before. Also, ##unvote

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Good morning mafia friends.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Good morning Li!

Am I an idiot for buying into Pera's argument?

Understanding that you mean PMush, I would say no. This early in the game it doesn’t really matter who’s argument you believe, we’re all playing darts blindfolded and hoping to hit a bullseye.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Anyone with any real theories? Because I’m about to pick a lurker and vote.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##vote Hal

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I think this is the most telling piece from yesterday in light of the NK.

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this but, it makes me feel Asiina's either strongly town or strongly scum with no real in between. I'm not sure that makes sense, but it's a gut feeling more than anything.

As a result I feel like an examination of Sal would be interesting. For people who aren't me, examining my own behaviour would probably also be a good idea.

b-minus1 posted:

That is interesting. Asiina's strongest town reads, Hal and Cpig, were both correct. We lynched Hal and Cpg was nk'd. Obviously the scum would know the alignment (or at least, not scum) or Hal and cpig already. So it is a little surprising they chose to kill cpig instead of Asiina, who actually provided the town reads. I need to go back and look at the rest of asiina's and cpig's posts.

Not sure what to thinkabout Sal or you (yt) at the moment.

Something about this makes me feel Asiina/b-minus1 scum team. I feel like YT was trying to push some critical thinking on Asiina and B jumped in to deflect. My theory is Asiina, to try and clinch a town slot, named two town. Once one was lynched and flipped town, they killed CPig to give credence to her town claim knowing he would also flip town. Once YT started sniffing around, scum buddy B moved in to try and shift suspicion elsewhere.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina posted:

Why would making a town claim give me town cred?

Making two correct calls makes you more trustworthy.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

I'm confused why you think I was deflecting. If anything, I was doing the opposite, trying to understand why Cpig was killed instead of Asiina, the person who actually provided the town reads of Hal and Cpig (along with a few scum reads actually). Where exactly do you think I have shifted the suspicion?

I just finished reading Cpig's posts, and nothing is jumping out at me. He didn't post much during d1, and only made two (imo) legitimate votes, an early one for me, followed by a final vote for YT. (he voted for pmush after she fakeclaimed).

Because YT was all “we need to look closer into Asiina” and you went to “scum should have killed Asiina not CPig”. The way you phrased it, at least to me, seemed like you were trying to remove the idea that Asiina could be scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Because you were right twice. The two ways I see this happening is you’re scum, or you’re extremely good at this game/lucky.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Li Dawny + Sal avatar friends

Not sure what this means but cool, I like friends. Also, not that I want to spend time defending Juchero’s dumb claim because I’m not sure what his alignment is but he’s pretty dumb in general today.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

I’m calling you scum

Me? What’s your reasoning?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

##vote salthebard

Li responded really scummily to Asiina's basic questions. I think this is the most damning part, however:

This is bothering me. You’re using my quotes to say that I’m scummy, but not actually explaining what about them make me scummy. Everyone can read what I’m saying, I want to know your reasoning on how what I said is scummy. I feel like you’re being deliberately obtuse and either don’t want to actually play or just want to frustrate people into throwing up their hands and doing whatever.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

i dont think jj is scum tbh.

I’m not calling him scum, even if I kinda think it, because he hasn’t done anything particularly scummy. Maybe I just disagree with his way of playing, I’m not entirely sure. I just want to see him actually put some reasoning behind his statements.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Let’s assume for a second that I’m wrong, and you’re town. If this is the case, you are being extremely blind to your posts’ own faults. Besides, the post wasn’t made for your benefit, it was made to illustrate to others why you are scummy. I did not explain it because I thought it was obvious.

Though, with the lack of any comment on the post besides your own, perhaps I am wrong about the level of obviousness.

Therefore, to drive discussion: the posts are scummy because, when juxtaposed, you call her townie in one breath and “scum or good/lucky” in the next. I’m a big believer in the mafia theory that HOW people say things says a lot about how they’re thinking. You started by unequivocally calling Asiina town for her calling two alignments, then introduce the possibility she could be scum in the next. Further, the scum possibility takes place before the “good/lucky” possibility in that second post. Yet at the same time, your actions/discussion since do not indicate you are seriously considering the scum possibility. This reads to me as if you know Asiina is town, know that you hosed up in calling her towny, but aren’t aren’t willing to walk back on the public opinion immediately. A massive accidental scumslip.

Please re-read my posts. The first quote, where I called her trustworthy, was a response to her asking why I was suspect of her two town calls becoming the lynch then the night kill. I said that it was a scum play to make her seem more trustworthy.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Non game related post ahead!

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, poo poo! Rad.

Congrats on the new place and whenever you got married since I am apparently incredibly out of the loop! :toot:

Still think you're scum though.
Thank you love. We got married August of last year, if you look hard enough in the backlog of that time you may be able to find some pictures of the day.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Important question did you originally meet through mafia Y/N

No, we met playing a different text based rpg about six and a half years ago and started dating just shy of six years ago. We hid our relationship status when I started playing mafia and told everyone on our wedding day.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I am getting a little suspect of Sal because a quarter of their posts are them insisting they’re town.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina posted:

Also I think votes for Nevergirls aren't counting?

Is Nevergirls set as an alias for them in VF?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Asiina posted:

I've made calls in this game?

You and I had an entire back and forth about your calls, it was one of the reasons I pushed the idea of you as scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

At work, leaning Nevergirls, will post more later.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Work suuuuuuuuuuucks. Anyway, I still have ~feelings~ about Asiina and her alignment. I agree with Jucero that it seems more reactionary than anything, which is a scum tell usually. I feel that she is more scummy than NG, but NG’s flip would probably tell us more than Asiina’s would. Most people haven’t even weighed in more than a sentence or two, which is annoying, but I’ve also been a bit light on content due to move/work/family/life so I can’t really get behind a lurker lynch. As of right this moment I would say scum picks are Asiina, maybe NG, and [insert lurker here].

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Why you gotta be like this Asiina?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

This is going poorly.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Actually, I just looked back at the D2 contributions from Asiina, that was completely reasonable.

Agreed. I would have picked her,

Juchero posted:

crime computer results are back:

Asiina: Town

I’m sorry for doubting you Asiina. At this point I’m resigned to not make any more calls because they’re all wrong. I guess I’m just bad at this game still.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I don’t even know what’s happening right now.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Now I’m sad, I was actually enjoying this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I guess I’ll just have to stick to my Jimson original artwork av.

• Locked thread