Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Gonna quote some posts I made in the new leaf thread:

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Catch rates.

This info is in game under Details of the honey, and nets, but I thought I'd post it for the inevitable thread.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just hit level 10 and it gives you more space, so don't spend your leafbux too hastily before that!

And level 15

i like tacos posted:

I might have been playing nonstop

What up plays-this-game-too-much buddy :respek: just hit 17 this morning. This is a perfect game for being stuck home and sick.

So far I've caught a blowfish, a football fish and a jewel beetle but I'm too scared to sell them because I'm afraid I might need them later on :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

All you have to do is craft all the required items, automatically place them, then there is an option to remove them all. It doesn't matter what you have in your camp, and it doesn't jack around your layout.

The real area where this game gets pricey is unlocking characters. You will eventually run out of mats to craft certain objects they like, and you can still complete them, if you toss in a few leafbux to make up for it. I don't know what the ratio is, but I have a feeling this will be the point where people start making more IAPs.

A way around this is to farm fish, bugs, and fruit as much as possible, and constantly talk to every animal in your camp and on the map until you can no longer advance them, then back to farming until the character rotation. You can talk to the animals in your camp for presents and bells more often than ones on the map, but you will eventually hit a wall. At which point you go back to farming etc.

This is the order in which I do stuff:

Farm, fetch quests, conversations, craft to unlock a new animal, upgrade stuff
Rinse, repeat

If at any point you cannot do one or more of the above, farm. I have 22 animals unlocked, and 13 of them invited and all the crafting is starting to really add up.

Edit: if you like a certain animal, or want a certain reward they have, you can also use a request ticket to immediately get around 3 more fetch quests and a convo from them. I would save these for the push in later levels though as it's pretty easy to get them to 7.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 27, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I'm level 20 with about 15 animals unlocked, and so far the game is basically crafting furniture, fetch quests, farming, and unlocking characters.

No mail, no message board, no museums, no events, no clock, no random encounters, and only 4 zones to farm in. :(

I hope they release more stuff to do eventually because it's getting monotonous. Still fun, but not sure for how long.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Thanks, that's really sweet of you to say, but I'm a married man..

:allears::golfclap:

If there were 50 some fish/bugs to catch, fossils to find, plants to plant, marquees to violate, clothes to makes, and museums to display all my stuff I'd play this poo poo every day.

The game is basically all about fetch quests so you can unlock poo poo to craft, to unlock animals which unlocks fetch quests which unlocks poo poo to craft... Endlessly until you hit 48+ hour crafts at which point everything grinds to a halt and all you can do is arrange furniture and farm until you hit the inventory limit.

The quarry nets you a couple thousand bells if you're real lucky, also nobody buys anything from your personal market that costs more than 300 bells.

The game is best played in very small bursts as a time killer, and not like Animal Crossing.

Hopefully it will eventually be more than what it is, but I reeeeeally dout it will be anything more than a cyclical time killer.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

The biggest piece of advice I can give anyone getting I to this game is take it slow.

You can easily run out of poo poo to do within a week of playing, unless you just love waiting 72 hours for your 3 crafting slots. This game is 90% fetch quests for very little payoff.

It's like a tenth of an Animal Crossing game, without all the fun stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Also to note: nothing happens when you invite all the visitors. Just a pat on the back.

This is what I was afraid of. :( I burnt myself out on this game way too quickly, but I guess that's alright since there's no real reason to keep up with it on a daily basis like in the console versions.