Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«86 »
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can eat anything.

Fun Shoe

Is Brian and Vinny the top heap of good/funny wrestling history podcasts? I'm not really interested in anything reviewing current shows but stuff about the history of wrestling from the 80s on sounds great. I listened to an entire 30 minute video of Raymond telling the story of his brother cold cocking Dynamite Kid with a roll of quarters and more stories like that sound great. I get the feeling most of those shoot interviews are video only though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is Brian and Vinny the top heap of good/funny wrestling history podcasts? I'm not really interested in anything reviewing current shows but stuff about the history of wrestling from the 80s on sounds great. I listened to an entire 30 minute video of Raymond telling the story of his brother cold cocking Dynamite Kid with a roll of quarters and more stories like that sound great. I get the feeling most of those shoot interviews are video only though.

Lapsed Fan is good up until you get tired of Vince impersonations

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Stromgarde pincushion factory, est. whenever a Troll decides to get near.

Alan BStard posted:

Every month or so I'll listen to the super cut of that and it still makes me laugh like a madman every single time.

I can't help but laugh at "WHAT IS THIS?"

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

jesus WEP posted:

Lapsed Fan is good up until you get tired of Vince impersonations

So 5 minutes?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

So 5 minutes?
which is 1% of an episode

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

I forgive you

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

The Vince impressions do suck now yes, as does Lapsed Dusty but those aside, The Lapsed Fan is incredible.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Getting through all one million hours of Lapsed Fan is worth it for the Virgil story alone

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I decided to check out Lapsed Fan based on your conversation and I thought we were exaggerating for comedic effect but no they have an episode on the original JCP Clash of the Champions that is six hours, twelve minutes, and change. I thought like AE Podcast and stuff were detailed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

Yeah, if you like long podcasts, you'll love Lapsed Fan

They talk about ECW's 1999 Heatwave PPV for 2 podcast episodes totaling just about 6.5 hours

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

There's nothing as in depth as the lapsed treatment. The Benoit Series is 12 hours and fantastic.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I learned so much from that series that nobody else ever talked about.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Popping brain cells

Aesop Poprock posted:

Like j-rew said he basically does nothing but work out, read and write about/attend wrestling and mma shows so probably not imo

Lmao

Jubs
Jul 10, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There was a certain podcast that liked talking about WrestleMania IV. I forgot the name though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Jubs posted:

There was a certain podcast that liked talking about WrestleMania IV. I forgot the name though.

The Lapsed Fan Podcast.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

man i hope bryan calls his hosting provider before posting tonight's show

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of death: Pretentiousness

So it was a banger? Nice.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Rap terrorist, terrorise, tear it up
Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Militant Michael might go psycho
On any ally or rival
Born Black, that's dead on arrival
My job is to fight for survival
In spite of these #AllLivesMatter-ass white folk

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man i hope bryan calls his hosting provider before posting tonight's show

its tremendous

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dave actually liked a YTR match

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Rap terrorist, terrorise, tear it up
Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Militant Michael might go psycho
On any ally or rival
Born Black, that's dead on arrival
My job is to fight for survival
In spite of these #AllLivesMatter-ass white folk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-RcjvRFmic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I got your scoops right here.

"Due to time constraints, this week’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter will be posted tomorrow, July 19. It will be a double issue."
https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wre...wsletter-261991

«86 »