Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I can't imagine Michael Bay hasn't already booked a ticket to a non-extradition country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Michael "Frat Boy" Bay terrified of nudity and sexuality? On a list of things I never thought I'd hear someone unironically say, that ranks pretty high.

A Condensed History of Michael Bay being a Sexist Jerk

quote:

Back in 2009, The Observer’s Jason Solomons wrote about how Megan Fox got her role as midriff-baring Mikaela Banes in the first two Transformers films: “She told me she went to director Michael Bay’s house to audition and he made her wash his Ferrari while he filmed her. She said she didn’t know what had happened to the footage. When I put it to Bay himself, he looked suitably abashed. ‘Er, I don’t know where it is either.’”

“The first time I ever met him, I was 15 and I was an extra on Bad Boys II,” Fox told Jimmy Kimmel. “We were shooting this club scene, and they brought me in, and I was wearing a stars and stripes bikini and a red cowboy hat, and six-inch heels. And they took me to Mike and he approved it. And they said, ‘You know, Michael, she’s 15, so you can’t sit her at the bar and she can’t have a drink in her hand.’ So his solution to that problem was to then have me dancing underneath a waterfall getting soaking wet. And that’s… At 15. I was in 10th grade. So that’s sort of a microcosm of how Bay’s mind works.”

quote:

And finally, in a 2005 joint interview between Bay and colleague Scarlett Johansson about The Island, they’re asked, “What will we see on the DVD?” Bay’s response:

Scarlett naked.

e: And the thing with him not wanting ScarJo to go topless was when they were filming The Island, and it was because he needed it to get a PG-13 rating.

vvv I think I understood what he said fairly well.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 13, 2017

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah I wasn't aware of the Megan Fox carwash bikini thing though, that's pretty hosed up.
Yet still not as hosed up as the 15 year-old Megan Fox waterfall dancing.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I just think all his movies horndogging has seemed performative rather than genuine.
Actually, I think this is a fair observation. Bay's movies, to me, always had a feeling of being over-stylized but in a sanitized, clinical way, and having such a lack of depth and authenticity that they were practically paint-by-numbers. I think a lot of that is down to his soulless directing style.

The man himself on the otherhand is a whole other story.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 13, 2017

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

peer posted:

Crews' question was "why is it okay to be transgender, but not transracial", which is a moronic statement

Wait, was he arguing against people being transgender or against people being transracial, or something else altogether?

As far as transracial goes, I've literally never even heard of the concept.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Darko posted:

People do a weird thing where they want to binary categorize people as good/bad as opposed to judging specific actions at the time. While not doing it to themselves and adding all kinds of excuses and nuance for all the bad they did in their lives. Gadot's stance on Israel is hugely problematic and probably based on her background and being exposed to one-sided information. Her making a stance against Ratner in public is good. You (as in people, not you) should be able to simultaneously judge her harshly for Zionism while being positive about her stance on abuse, but people have a problem doing that and default to all good/all bad.

Probably the most insightful post in the thread right here. People should read it again.

I've argued the same in D&D and it's a fascinating aspect of how humans categorize information. Interestingly enough, computers can only comprehend 1 or 0, and are based on circuits which can only have one of two states; on or off.

Consider the difficulty in conceptualizing a lamp that can exist in a state where it is both on and off or a door that is both open and closed. Or alternatively a lamp that is neither on nor off, and a door that is neither open nor closed. And that's without even getting into the possibility of additional states that would be, for visualization purposes, perpendicular to the existing binary scale.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 16, 2017

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I imagine comedians, particularly stand up comics, are much more likely to have a history of doing crass poo poo(which makes me think we're going to see a lot more of them show up in this thread) so in hindsight Franken being outed does make logical sense, but I have to admit I didn't see that one coming. It's a shame, every time I saw videos of him in congress he seemed to be doing a great job taking lovely politicians to task.

Oh well.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 16, 2017

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Sometimes I like to look at these things with a birds eye view of humanity. It's fascinating to observe how culture functions and how groups of people define boundaries for acceptable behavior and how the culture and those boundaries evolve over time.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Martman posted:

Spoiler: Sorry, I'll use spoiler tags next time.

Fixed that for you.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Basebf555 posted:

When women in positions of power sexually harassing men in the workplace is a major widespread problem then we can focus on that. Right now I'm ok with saying that men are the primary issue here.
Then for your sake I hope neither you nor anyone you care about ever have to experience the "male privilege" of being sexually assaulted in prison, an issue, by the way, so hilariously ignored it makes the too often ignored in the past sexual assault of women look like the OJ Simpson Trial coverage.

Ignorance is a big part of why these problems continue. Anyone who thinks sexual harassment and assault are gendered issues is an ignorant loving jackass really needs to educate themselves so they can stop being part of the problem.

EDIT: vvv Someone who didn't even bother to read the links.....
They are not gendered issues in that males are not victims, they are not gendered issues in that women are not perpetrators. Period. Anyone who actually supports ending sexual harassment and assault really needs to make sure they're educated about the whole breadth of the issue. Otherwise they're just part of the problem and railing against something they themselves are guilty of.

And since it will inevitably be brought up, the answer from one of the articles...

quote:

Now the question is, in a climate when politicians and the media are finally paying attention to military and campus sexual assault, should these new findings alter our national conversation about rape? Stemple is a longtime feminist who fully understands that men have historically used sexual violence to subjugate women and that in most countries they still do. As she sees it, feminism has fought long and hard to fight rape myths—that if a woman gets raped it’s somehow her fault, that she welcomed it in some way. But the same conversation needs to happen for men. By portraying sexual violence against men as aberrant, we prevent justice and compound the shame. And the conversation about men doesn’t need to shut down the one about women. “Compassion,” she says, “is not a finite resource.”

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 22, 2017

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

http://www.cracked.com/article_25311_a-forgotten-show-warned-us-about-harvey-weinstein-in-1999.html

Huh. Shame it was such a crap show, people might have clued in. Then again, maybe not.

They should do one of these for one my favorite 90's shows, Profit. Hollywood has such high concentration of complete and total weirdos there's gotta be some sociopathic execs sleeping in the same cardboard boxes their parents kept them in as children.

Also, re: Terry Crews chat, season 4 of The Punisher needs to cast him as Barracuda.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

sbaldrick posted:

Action and Profit where both shows ahead of their time.

If only there were someone who could come up with a plan to bring them back.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Yossarian-22 posted:

Defending John Landis is especially dumb in lieu of Rod Serling being the far superior director

Rod Serling is the GOAT in being ahead of his time.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Toplowtech posted:

The perception of the Weinstein scandal in France is far far less optimistic about what the American feminists will gain out of this crisis than let's say the english speaking part of twitter.

Interesting, can you expand on what that general feeling is over there?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Too bad he didn't ask Weinstein "what did the five sexual harassment victims say to the face? Twice?"

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Hmm, wasn't aware of that. Spitballing, maybe she just forgot. Apparently it was back in 2011, though I can't seriously imagine no one's brought it up to her given recent events.

I guess another reason could be that she thinks it's ok to work with people after they've been through the justice system and paid their debt to society, so to speak.

EDIT: The interview was press for the Conan remake. I never saw it, and had no idea she played the villain. Wonder if she was any good? From the interview she sounds like a big Jason Momoa fan.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 11, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Toplowtech posted:

Okay if you want the some of the motives, Catherine Deneuve is old sure but she also was old enough to be one of the signatories of de Beauvoir's Manifesto of the 343 Sluts. What she is doing is basically telling the young women in france that American style feminism, after nonsense like Gamergate, the new ghostbuster and Hillary Clinton's non-election and ultimate defeat against someone they now daily compare to a brainless idiot (so what are the people he managed to beat, many wonder?) should be seen at best as worthless and at worst as toxic. The thing is we have far better abortion laws and many old school feminists beside Deneuve are currently afraid the current brand of American feminism could end up being toxic, alienate the electorates and cause a regression to the laws in other countries. That if that poo poo spread here (well worse than it's already and some could argue it was born here and just flourished on the other side of the Atlantic), it's going to poison the weel and we are going back to align with country with poo poo abortion laws like the US, Germany or Italy.
It's basically an expression of the decade old faction war inside French feminism and of course all the English speaking journos are already painting Deneuve a reactionary.
But hey we don't really expect you to perceive it by any point of view that isn't self centered on yourself.

Also the second the state of California stop allowing the death penalty, Polanski will be thrown to a plane to Hollywood and i don't remember the Mexico thing but i think to remember a vaguely similar sounding case of the French woman who was the children mother and it's about the Mexican dad wanting his kids back and accusing her of prostituting them? But hey, feel, free to react by calling us backward rapist-loving assholes that don't know what they are talking about, we are use to that kind of reactions from Americans since the Second Iraq war.

It's mostly an internal debate between Simone Veil style feminists against Chiennes-de-Garde style feminists in an international context.

Interesting reading, I didn't know much of any of this so it's fascinating to read the international perspectives. Is this something like what they're talking about?

One thing related to their/your points is that this election seemed to be defined by the Patriarchy vs Feminism theme. The democratic nominee was on the verge of being the first woman president and and the Republican nominee was caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women two months before the election. In real life, the contrast is rarely so stark and critical.

And yet, despite all of this, the the majority of white women voted for Trump?

This is what tweaks me, personally, because we also just got done going through the same thing with the race in Alabama. Hilary mused about the "low emotional intelligence" of her black prison slaves and called black teenagers "super predators that needed to be brought to heel" and 88% of us still took enough time out from slingin on the corner to vote for her ignorant rear end. She may think that black people have low "emotional intelligence" but clearly our actual intelligence is pretty loving high as we apparently understand better than most that you're supposed to vote for candidates that aren't trying to kill you.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 11, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah, let's be clear, Polanski is sub-human scum but America is just a broken clock in this case. It's a sexually repressed, puritanical right-wing shithole that breaks into foaming-at-the-mouth hysterics just from being flashed a nipple on tv, while not even blinking at the Khmer Rouge levels of ultra-violence and gore that permeates its media (and real life actions, internationally). The fact that its endless moral panicking, mass hysteria, and love affair with witch-hunts occasionally targets the right people with their cartoonishly medieval "justice" system doesn't make the country any less of an Idiocracy-level garbage fire.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 13, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

CountFosco posted:

How is your exaggeration of the actual condition of the US any better than the moral panicking you accuse it of, you hypocrite?

Honestly, if you think that's an exaggeration you're not even worth talking to.

A person doesn't even have to be "woke", the prison thread alone is enough.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

jet sanchEz posted:

Which prison thread?

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah I was about to say the same, didn't the last one die ages ago?

The original that was posted by HidingFromGoro was archived/saved and is still one of the most pro-read things to ever cross the forum.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Man, this thread is really playing out exactly like the Democrats threads in D&D.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
That guy must not be familiar with how things work in Hollywood. He should've given the movie a better review before asking for softcore outtakes. Lukewarm just doesn't cut it "pardner"!

davidspackage posted:

It's loving inconceivable to me that someone'd be so blase; about their grossness that they'd email a director to hook them up with some illicit nude shots from their movie set. Like, please run headfirst into a fist a few times, my dude.
Lmao, that email wasn't even a drop in the bucket of hollywood blase grossness, directors routinely receive unsolicited actual nude shots from practically half the town.

Apparently that guy has quite the history of being a real winner.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 31, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Ricci doesn't seem like the type to do that, if for no other reason than she's been acting since she was a kid and already had a career, even if it did have its ups and downs.

The whole Quid Pro Quo/Casting Couch thing Ian McKellan referenced was more about the industry standard of new actors, who are just getting started in the business, offering directors sexual favors for parts.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
There may be some practical reason for it. A lot of things that you'd think would be super easy to fake, end up being strangely difficult when you're actually on a movie set trying to do it in real life and have it not come off as cheesy on film.

On the other hand this is Tarantino we're talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was just being a jackass.

Either way, the first rule on every set, no matter who the director is, should be that no movie, no matter how great, is worth someone being physically or psychologically harmed.

And that directors who don't listen to their own stunt professionals should be next in line to do the dangerous stunt that was so important it was going to make or break the entire movie.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I don't follow a lot of this so I never heard of her. Who is she, and what's the deal with her writing this story?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Well he's obviously calling from inside the house.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Question for those with connections to the industry, I'm curious, is it just me or is Hollywood one of the worst, most extremely stratified social hierarchies in the business world? Like fame and power has so much to do with who you're even allowed to talk to. And then on top of that there's how pervasively acceptable verbal abuse is between superior and subordinate.

Something tells me Swimming with Sharks isn't really that far off from reality.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I suppose the larger question that goes unanswered is "why were so many people on the wrong side of the Polanski thing" 10 years ago? It's not like people thought raping children was good in 2007.

Basebf555 posted:

I think it's also worth remembering that you can't always read a transcript of a Howard Stern interview and take it at face value. Obviously it's in bad taste to joke around about rape or sexual assault, but I can't tell you how many times I've read articles that present controversial things celebrities have said to Howard Stern as completely earnest, when having heard the interview myself I know that wasn't at all the case.

The link that was posted with the quote from Tarantino actually has the full audio clip of the discussion with on the Howard Stern Show. I recommend people listen to it, if they haven't. It's a a lot more detailed than the posted quote. There wasn't any joking in this case, they were having a serious discussion. Tarantino comes off *far* worse, and just keeps digging deeper and deeper. His defense of Polanski is completely ridiculous.

You can actually dig out the context of where Tarantino was coming from based on his argument. In the interview he keeps repeating things like the girl was a "party girl" and "she was into it". Hollywood strikes me as exactly the kind of place where it would be perfectly normal for underage teenagers to be bouncing around the party scene without anyone blinking an eye. In fact, I'd bet a lot more underage sex goes on in Hollywood than people think. And I don't mean in the secret society of pedophile sex traffickers way, but just horny teenagers out to party and bang famous people. It's a town filled with famous actors, artists, musicians and parties that never end, after all. When much-loved Fast and the Furious star Paul Walker died at 40 he was dating the same girl he'd started dating when he was 33 and she was 16. So no doubt the pervasiveness of this kind of behavior formed part of the basis for Tarantino's argument.

And when you include the fact that Hollywood is a cartoonishly corrupt poo poo hole where nearly everyone got their job because of who they know, all of which contributes to Stalinist Russia level fears of speaking truth to power and pissing off the wrong people, it's a little easier to understand why someone as famous and as artistically beloved as Polanski would be awarded Hollywood's official pedophile hall pass.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 6, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
It's interesting how much people struggle with not being able to sum up an individual into a single binary moral state.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Lol @ Trump or any Republicans as champions of due process. So the party whose views on justice are based on the mob baiting hysteria of lunatics like Nancy Grace and unironically jerking off to The Punisher, are suddenly going to be the calm voice of reason that defends the rights of the accused? Riiight.

You'd think the party of McCarthyism would love watching people lose their careers over accusations. But maybe this hits a little too close to home.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

DrVenkman posted:

Also, Rose McGowan commented on her former manager's suicide and did so with a total lack of awareness, but here's a general piece of Jill Messick and the sad impact of online hate mobs: https://www.thedailybeast.com/was-mean-girls-producer-jill-messick-shamed-into-suicide

Here's another really good article I read a while back on Internet Public Shaming Mobs. It's a fascinating retelling of the events surrounding that one infamous woman who told the Africa AIDS joke on twitter.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

DrVenkman posted:

Also, Rose McGowan commented on her former manager's suicide and did so with a total lack of awareness, but here's a general piece of Jill Messick and the sad impact of online hate mobs: https://www.thedailybeast.com/was-mean-girls-producer-jill-messick-shamed-into-suicide
If anyone's interested in reading it, I managed to find a full version of that big Harper's Essay that Ronson talks about generating all the backlash in the above DB article.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 13, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Problematic Pigeon posted:

Vinterberg also made The Celebration, which portrays the ostrasization of an accused (and guilty) rapist as a good thing and is more concerned with his victims’ pain then the rapist himself.

Perhaps even more ironic is that the inspiration for the movie came from a person recounting the events from their life on a radio show that Vinterberg listened to. The person's story later turned out to be a complete fabrication and the person, a mental patient.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What else is there to say about this but:

Lmfao

Lol, I remember devincf from the old Chud Politics message boards. He was hilarious; great writer and poster, made even more so because we were on the same side of the politics. But in hindsight the guy made Tiny Brontosaurus look like a church mouse. He was an enormously obnoxious rear end in a top hat even before being an enormously obnoxious rear end in a top hat was cool.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

esperterra posted:

The subject at hand is an idiot whining about whether or not Alicia Vikander looks like Lara Croft, it just so happens the size of her tits is the main sticking point for most people about what does and does not look like Lara Croft. My two cents is:

Does Alicia Vikander look like either game version of Lara Croft? No.

Does it matter? No.

I'm incredibly self aware about what I said and why I said it.

Yeah, this.

This issue is the definition of low hanging fruit because the point of focus is breasts and the guy saying it is unattractive (good to know we're all still in agreement about making GBS threads on ugly people).

But the reality is this kind of stuff happens literally every single time there's a film or tv adaption of any medium. Michael Keaton wasn't buff enough to play Batman. [Actor] doesn't look anything like [character from book, comic, game]. It's the same. every. time. There were people bitching all over the place that Tom Cruise was too short to play Jack Reacher back when that adaption first came out, too. Actually I remember that one specifically because because the author of the books responded to fan criticism by saying what I've felt ever since to be one of the best, most intelligent perspectives on the issue.

Lee Childs posted:

“Reacher’s size in the books is a metaphor for an unstoppable force, which Cruise portrays in his own way.”

This really clicked with me, not only because Cruise is a complete loving psycho that you can literally feel goes balls to the wall in every movie, but because I instantly realized how true it was about every adaption I'd ever seen. I had been one of those grumpy little kids unhappy with Keaton as Batman, (the guy didn't even have abs ffs!) But looking back with the benefit of age I later realized that Keaton's neurotic Wayne-mask hiding the shark-like real personality of Batman beneath was one of if not the best most compelling portrayals of the character in the entire medium. I realized it never actually mattered how much an actor looked or sounded or even acted like the fictional character they were playing. In actuality whether or not an actor had succeeded in being truly great at portraying an adapted character hinged on whether or not that actor was able to really capture and project the spirit of that character.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 15, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Well that's rather disappointing. One of my favorite childhood films is Time Bandits. . In fact I'm just going to go ahead and assume he accidentally touched a chunk of Evil that someone left lying around.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Meh, I guess I just don't care about the whole "artist is an rear end in a top hat" thing. It's just entertainment. If it entertains me, I'll keep watching it. If it doesn't, I won't.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Weinstein basically set himself as a blowjob troll blocking off certain careers if you didn't pay him a toll.
Holy poo poo, this the absolute definition of :perfect: and should be the only way Weinstein is referenced going forward. The image of him looking for a bridge near Hollywood Blvd to lurk under is gold. The guy has the perfect face for it too.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 18, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Regardless of where you fall on the larger movement, seeing a piece of poo poo like Harvey Weinstein in cuffs is one of the greatest comeuppance moments.

It get's lost amid the juicier sex scandal threads but Hollywood has since it's inception been one of the most corrupt, power mad, abusive towns on the entire planet. Weinstein was the poster boy for the belligerent, always screaming, bullying boss who used his position to endlessly torture and abuse anyone and everyone around him. The guy was basically the real life version of Dark Timeline Biff.

I think I mentioned it before, but it's worth saying again, if you've never seen the movie Swimming with Sharks go watch it, it's Hollywood's dirty little secret that that movie basically a documentary on how Hollywood bosses treat their subordinates and they get away with it, because everybody knows everybody else and therefore it's very easy to find yourself blacklisted from their little club if you ever speak out.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 8, 2018

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Sucrose posted:

At some point you have to draw a line in the sand and say “there’s nothing wrong with this thing, and if you have a problem with it, the problem is you.”

Lol, everybody thinks this, the problem is everyone has their own idea of where that line is, and the line moves in accordance with cultural trends anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Eh, that kinda thing isn't really all that impressive. I remember a few or more years back there was some snot-nosed, dipshit conservative e-journalist/youtuber who got semi famous secretly taping outrageous conversations he'd prompted with staff in a few liberal orgs. I think he did it with Planned Parenthood and some voter registration non-profit. He would show up or call in and pretend to be a pimp or a racist and then get some random volunteer to try and talk around his obvious lunacy. It was a big jerk off waste of time and the guy who did it literally has the most punchable face ever.

I mean realistically, I'm totally sure that this bellhop routinely provides advice on how to hide a body to random hotel guests that he met 5 minutes ago, and that the FBI are just too lazy to catch pedophiles. That scenario seems much more likely than the possibly that he was just humoring a guest that was either drunk, playing a joke, or crazy, something I doubt he's unfamiliar with in Vegas.