Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Krankenstyle posted:

I feel like the color scheme should be the opposite.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That map really seems to have a "green means go!" mentality, and it's hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

...jesus.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’ve heard the same thing about Instagram in the US and Europe, who knows if that’s true though?

That Instagram is a glorified prostitution ring? How would that work? Like, corporate is running something, or people are using Instagram accounts to advertise?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rhyno posted:

It's a real victory when that fuckstick Cernovich has a full on meltdown over it.

It has begun.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1106628383960514560

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Cease to Hope posted:

i don't understand, was ryan reynolds accused of something

No, this is just a tangent of a tangent of a tangent at this point.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ZvJCrQsso

William Control made a nearly 20-minute video trying to debunk one of his accusers. I find it way too gross to watch in full, but it seems that a lot of his "evidence" of consensual behavior isn't actually disputing the main accusation: that he manipulated mentally ill and vulnerable women into consenting to things they ordinarily wouldn't have.

Also contains some hilariously graphic sexting descriptions that just go above and beyond.

I don't even know who this is. This one passed me by, I guess.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Kevin Tsujihara Out as Warner Bros. Chief Amid Sexual Impropriety Scandal

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/kevin-tsujihara-warner-bros-sexual-impropriety-1203165653/

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

kaworu posted:

At least when Kevin Spacey "came out of the darkness" with a video, he had the good taste to mask it with a somewhat camp sensibility and the hideously bad taste of the apron he wore. It would be interesting to compare all the 'response' videos from those who have been effectively labeled as a 'predator' by the media.

Nope, nope, sorry, hard disagree.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Grindlewald probably would have sucked without his output

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

chitoryu12 posted:

He does have accountants, but that doesn't mean he doesn't spend. If I remember correctly from the interviews where it all got explained, he would just keep approving purchase after purchase of $2000 bottles of wine, artwork, yachts, sports cars, mansions, etc. to the point where the paperwork could barely keep up with him and it was just impossible to explain to him that he was hemorrhaging money so fast. Then when he found out he was millions of dollars in debt, he resisted selling anything and tried to blame his accountants and managers for his spending.

At first I was wondering how he could possibly spend that much on wine, like, wouldn't he just pass out at some point after, I don't know, 4 or 5 bottles in one go? But I forgot how loving expensive wine can get. Like, holy poo poo dude, if you drink that much, you're not drinking to enjoy the wine, just get the cheap poo poo, there's barely any difference anyway.

Wine snobs confuse me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Zogo posted:

Simone Biles reveals she 'slept all the time' after being sexually abused by Larry Nassar because it is 'the closest thing to death', as she opens up about how therapy is helping her move on from the 'horrific experience'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6861089/Simone-Biles-reveals-depressed-sexually-abused.html

Larry Nassar is a guy who makes me wish I believed in God and an afterlife, because I would feel much better thinking about him roasting in hell for an eternity.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yeah...that got weird. I regret my post if it lead to the prison rape post. Was not my intention.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

edit: nvm indeed.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Shaocaholica posted:

What exactly happened with Tim Allen if anything? I guess it’s fine since Pixar is doing another Toy Story.

Something new? I know he dealt cocaine forever ago. But I haven’t heard anything about him being a sex pest. Though it would be the least surprising news ever.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

kaworu posted:

I wonder if Kate Capshaw, who now seems involved with feminism on at least some level, feels any degree of regret or remorse that she may have perpetuated certain stereotypes about attractive blonde women in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I was always disappointed by that, particularly since Karen Black was so fantastic and wonderful in Raiders, drinking guys under the table and being pretty drat badass.

I actually cannot remember if it was Raiders or Temple of Doom that led to the creation of the PG-13 rating - I wanna say it was Temple, because I think the guy ripping still-beating hurts from mens chests and burning them alive in a sadistic blood sacrifice while naked men in loincloths shout otherworldly chants... I know it's nowhere near as gruesome or offensive as, say, showing a breast or, god forbid, pubic hair, But kids ought to be able to enjoy ritualistic human sacrifice and blood drinking, along with children being beaten and forced into slavery and labor. Again, not as likely to traumatize your kid as someone without pants on or a man saying the world "gently caress", but you never know...

Yeah, Temple of Doom is what led to the creation of the PG-13 rating, and the first movie to actually be PG-13 was Red Dawn.

Wolverines!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kinda funny given one of the latest Ducktales eps has his return as Darkwing Duck... sort of. Where he plays Jim Starling, the actor that originally portrayed Darkwing Duck in an in-universe TV show, who doesn't take it well when a revival movie is starring a new, younger actor, even one who is a huge fan and deliberately styled himself after Jim Starling and considers Darkwing his dream role. To the point of trying to sabotage the new actor with increasingly unsubtle and violent methods, and finally going completely mad and after the movie is ruined (mostly thanks to Dewey).

AceOfFlames posted:

And even that is burying the lede somewhat: at the end Starling goes completely insane and becomes Darkwing's Mirror Universe version Negaduck. Meanwhile Launchpad convinces the new actor (not voiced by Cummings) to become Darkwing for real at which point the actor's name is revealed to be Drake Mallard.

Jesus Christ, this sounds amazing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

From that website:

quote:

Support Kevin Spacey wants to hold up the artist Kevin Spacey.
This is the place where fans can leave a message for Kevin, tell us what he represents for them or the moments spent with him.
In this space, created specially for supporters, you won’t find any advertising: Support Kevin Spacey is a non-profit organization, the only gain that the site wants to get is the support to who is, undoubtedly, one of the most talented artists of our time.
We want to give him back a little of the joy he gave us.

This is the weirdest loving site. I bet he runs it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 21, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Amazon dumps rights for new Woody Allen movie, no one knows if anyone will pick them up.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/woody-allen-us-rights-rainy-day-in-new-york-amazon-1202143350/

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It actually reminds me of a photo I can’t place. Same manic grin on a skinny dude staring at the camera, possibly pointing a gun at his head?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

Again, super rich (pun intended) coming from freaking Lana Del Rey. This is one of those stories where no one looks good.

EDIT: Holy crap, the tweet AFTER that:

https://twitter.com/rachsyme/status/1131238820995899394

I was wrong. Moby comes out worse.

Like, I get that a guy who would DO that would write about it and not see why it's super loving weird, but surely he showed this book to someone? Anyone?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/TweetneyMoore/status/1138886062439223296

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah from anyone else that Lexi Alexander take would be very bad but uh

I think she gets an "I told you so" pass in this particular situation

Also the RLM video he did is legit hilarious because you can just feel how badly everyone else wants to chew their own leg off to get away from him. It's basically watching Landis go on and on about the dumbest poo poo while the RLM crew just look at him like :smithicide:

I've never actually watched the RLM video with Landis before.

*comes back after watching the first five minutes*

Holy poo poo, this is awkward as gently caress. The RLM guys have, like, instant looks of regret on their faces.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Steve Yun posted:

Yikes, no wonder why Cracked dropped off the map

I had no idea about any of that either

Cracked dropped off the map because they laid off their entire video department to cut costs, and turns out that’s what got them most of their attention.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but they did that because the video department was bleeding them dry since they made a hard pivot to video after Facebook lied to every media company about how much people wanted video content. They were absolutely mismanaged, but there are other factors.

True, I’m just salty because I really liked the video content they were putting out, and now those writers have scattered to the wind and are hard to find content from. It worked out for some (one is now a writer on Last Week Tonight, and another is a writer for American Dad) and I’m happy for them, I just miss the content.

Those two who got those good jobs just started a podcast together, though, so that’s good.

Anyway, way off topic, so I’ll shut up now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Skwirl posted:

Check out Off Hours.

I saw the first episode. It’s...fine, but it still needs to find its footing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/MaraWilson/status/1141058428900536320

:drat:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

chitoryu12 posted:

I think it's because her career stalled quickly, she didn't like acting very much as a kid anyway, and she had to go back to being a regular person. After 7 years she retired from acting at 13 and I think just went back to school and lived a normal life until she was an adult and could get some exposure as Matilda.

Her parents were also initially reluctant to let her try to break into professional acting at such a young age; the problem kids are the ones where the parents use them as an extension of their own power and fame and push them into performing, like Michael Jackson and Macaulay Culkin (whose father threatened to beat him if he used cue cards while hosting SNL at 11). The kids end up not really having a childhood and often suffering from other long-term symptoms of abuse, turning them into supremely hosed up adults.

But everyone uses cue cards on SNL. Even the cast members.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

chitoryu12 posted:

Yes, and because he was threatening to beat his child on set nobody else could use them for that show!

Culkin has attested how he spent much of his childhood acting career in terror because he couldn't tell anyone about his dad and was basically locked in the room with a monster all the time.

Jesus.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/thehaleywebb/status/1141748866837929990?s=21

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Krankenstyle posted:

but tbf the hollywood take on therapy is over-the-top, theres noone who shouldnt get therapy !!

No but seriously, what?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

DeimosRising posted:

Weinstein didn’t make any loving art

Right, and I don't think anyone is saying, "Because of Weinstein, you can't watch Lord of the Rings anymore, which he was an executive producer on." Just that we're done with him moving forward.

Spacey is a different discussion altogether.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Interesting way to phrase that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Quote-Unquote posted:

I don't doubt there are a lot of weirdo gamer goons, but I used to play a lot of Destiny and Diablo 3 with goons and only ever had positive experiences with cool guys. Which was nice, because most of the time that I've interacted with randoms in games it's a string of racial slurs punctuated with poo poo about how they 'raped' someone in a game. I pretty much exclusively just play with real life friends nowadays.

Same. I've largely stopped playing online games because I loving hate most of the people I interact with when it's random people. Goons are the only people (that I don't know personally) that I'll game with, join a guild with, whatever, because they're generally speaking decent people (or can at least fake it online) compared to the randos I would encounter elsewhere. Diablo 3, as you mentioned, is a good example of that. Regular gen chat was a cespool of racism and rape "jokes". The LLJK goon group was a cool group of goons I'd join for running Rifts.

Online gaming is where I adopted my life motto, "People are the worst". It's served me well in the real world the past few years, too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Crackbone posted:

For gently caress's sake.

This guy is the head of an international pedo trafficking ring, you can't be bothered to put eyes on him 24/7?

He was supposed to be on suicide watch after attempting this two weeks ago. Eyes probably were on him. Or at least they were supposed to be.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

DC Murderverse posted:

someone posted a reenactment of this incident actually starring Perry, i don't know how i feel about making it into a musical but you can definitely see her mindset at the time of the incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZywfJFrKVM

Yikes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1162013206346424320

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Wendell posted:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/harvey-weinstein-heckled-comedian-event-women-actors

“A woman comedian was booed and two attendees kicked out after they protested the appearance of disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein at an event for young performers in lower Manhattan on Wednesday night.
Weinstein turned up with an entourage to watch Actor's Hour, a monthly event "dedicated to artists" at the Downtime bar in the Lower East Side.”

https://twitter.com/ambercrollo/status/1187456327955734529?s=21

https://twitter.com/ambercrollo/status/1187388554101571591?s=21

God drat, good for her, and gently caress everyone who was booing her.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Krankenstyle posted:

jfc, that's supervillain poo poo.

Ron Swanson had one in Parks and Rec. Though, to be fair, that was to keep people out, not in.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

God drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Bust Rodd posted:

Don’t start the age debate again, it’s probably the second grossest conversation in the thread and we completely missed out on Madonna’s 22 year old boyfriend from last week!

(Zac Braff wrote and directed a movie specifically to make out with Nathalie Portman and he has always sucked rear end)

God I hate that loving movie.