Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Zerilan posted:

Also Mendenhall, same season.

I remember that as just a nasty collision, not a deliberate injury. The Johnson play was literally a guy snapping(well twisting) his ankle in a pileup Kurt Angle-style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Peterson disproved the existence of god

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I remember that as just a nasty collision, not a deliberate injury. The Johnson play was literally a guy snapping his ankle in a pileup Kurt Angle-style

I just watched a video of it on youtube and it sure looks like Ray makes a snapping motion while holding on to Mendenhall in the pileup. Impossible to tell for sure though his back is covering everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1S1TxtooQ

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Brady absolutely shreds the Steelers zone D every single time, which is of course why theyve tried to move to a more man style D this season. But then Joe Haden broke his leg and thats probably now out the window.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I just watched a video of it on youtube and it sure looks like Ray makes a snapping motion while holding on to Mendenhall in the pileup. Impossible to tell for sure though his back is covering everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1S1TxtooQ

Lewis admitted after the game to doing that with intent to injure.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
“Jensen, get out there and twist some ankles until a guy goes down, we are trying to make the playoffs here!!!!”

- John Harbaugh

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Really? I missed that.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brady absolutely shreds the Steelers zone D every single time, which is of course why theyve tried to move to a more man style D this season. But then Joe Haden broke his leg and thats probably now out the window.

They played quite a bit of man on Mariota. Haden has a simple fracture and could be back in as little as four weeks, but will likely be back for the playoffs. The Steelers defense hasn't allowed more than 17 points the entire season. The Jags score was bolstered by 2 pick-sixes

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Steelers arent beating the pats lol.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Zerilan posted:

I dont see how he could have possibly done anything after the hit that would be enough to break a dudes shoulder. Maybe he intentionally tried to hit him hard and wanted to hurt him but no "snapping motion".

TheBizzness posted:

“Jensen, get out there and twist some ankles until a guy goes down, we are trying to make the playoffs here!!!!”

- John Harbaugh

Maybe not this explicit but Im sure Harbaugh will do anything to keep his job. Hes scum.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I just took a random guess at "what cities are 3500 miles from GB?" and the Anchorage was my first guess, and it's 3440 away.

Yeah in this case be meant 7000 miles one way. (Knew the Guam thing from the law school thread what up)

Despera posted:

Yeah the Steelers have ridiculous weapons but their core is a Frankenstein's monster with a brain concussed to mush.

Wow, what the gently caress is the AFC going to look like in a couple of years when Brady and Ben are done?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Despera posted:

Maybe they shouldn't even play

Barudak
May 7, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah in this case be meant 7000 miles one way. (Knew the Guam thing from the law school thread what up)

Yeah the Steelers have ridiculous weapons but their core is a Frankenstein's monster with a brain concussed to mush.

Wow, what the gently caress is the AFC going to look like in a couple of years when Brady and Ben are done?

Honest guess, the Steelers will still be in the playoffs

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions have won every divisional road game for the first time ever, and at the Packers, Bears and Vikings for the first time since 1961. That's cool, but also sad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

"Need more Passion" is like saying "They have to put more points on the board" but in an acceptable way

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Maybe they shouldn't even play

I dont want to give the pats another bye which admittedly would be close to what would happen if they play the steelers.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
1961 was the Vikings inaugural season :stare:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WHOOPS posted:

1961 was the Vikings inaugural season :stare:

The Lions are were very very bad

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Despera posted:

I dont want to give the pats another bye which admittedly would be close to what would happen if they play the steelers.

Well, they play in 28 days, and it will probably have big implications for playoff seeding. Maybe they get clobbered as per tradition, maybe they eke out a win. The Steelers play much better at Heinz Field than Foxboro, so if it ever happens, I suspect it would happen in Pittsburgh

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I remember they beat the Pats back in 2011 because they played keep-away-from-Brady on offense and defensively they did the "rush four, drop 7 in man coverage" thing that's probably the only thing that ever gives Brady fits. The Steelers do have a much better defense than they've had in years past, so it's possible they could disrupt Brady enough to squeeze out a win. Of course it depends on if the Steelers' offense can execute against the Pats or not. I'm thinking they have a chance to, since they're playing better than at the start of the season. But so is the Pats' defense as well. It'll be an interesting game for sure.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

5 ints is what happens when you believe you can just throw the ball and God will make it a completion because you believe in him (or her).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

latinotwink1997 posted:

5 ints is what happens when you believe you can just throw the ball and God will make it a completion because you believe in him (or her).

Turns out Ganesh doesn't like lovely gifts

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dak Trashcott

No running game? No success.

Cowboys are a paper tiger.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Browns could have had Wentz. Never forget.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Gonz posted:

Dak Trashcott

No running game? No success.

Cowboys are a paper tiger.

Did anyone think they were any type of tiger? They overachieved last year.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Did anyone think they were any type of tiger? They overachieved last year.

The entire national sports media, yes

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

They really need to flex Lions-Vikings into the night slot on Thanksgiving.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Barudak posted:

The entire national sports media, yes

Eh, they just get talked about more because they're the most popular team. I haven't really seen anyone calling them elite.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

They really need to flex Lions-Vikings into the night slot on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, this is the time of year when networks start protecting the hell out of their games that seemed like utter trash a year ago. See: Saints vs Anything and your example of NFC North not including Green Bay

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

18-1 Is Real

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cowboys are very bad without their good players

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The Cowboys need to invent a time machine and fire Jason Garrett in 2007.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lote posted:

The Cowboys need to invent a time machine and fire Jason Garrett in 2007.

So you built a time-machine to travel back in time to fire me. Like was Hitler on the agenda at all or am I missing something here about what "being a lovely coach in 2018" means?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Barudak posted:

So you built a time-machine to travel back in time to fire me. Like was Hitler on the agenda at all or am I missing something here about what "being a lovely coach in 2018" means?

You're right Jimmy Haslam needs to be on the list.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I hope the eagles just say gently caress it and remove field goals/extra points from their playbook altogether. Going for a TD/2Point EVERY TIME BAY BAY

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

GrimGypsy posted:

I hope the eagles just say gently caress it and remove field goals/extra points from their playbook altogether. Going for a TD/2Point EVERY TIME BAY BAY

The spirit of Chip Kelly lives on!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Even if you want to talk about the Cowboys having an elite offense (last season), their defense has been absolute trash for the past four-five years to the point where it balances out with the offense.

A Cowboys team that is average on both sides of the ball would probably be sitting a bit prettier in the standings right now, I think.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

After week 11 the Detroit Lions still have a chance at winning the NFC North without weird mathematical fuckery.

Also, Kenny Golloday owns and will be an unstoppable beast next year.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Hizawk posted:

After week 11 the Detroit Lions still have a chance at winning the NFC North without weird mathematical fuckery.

Also, Kenny Golloday owns and will be an unstoppable beast next year.

Correct me if I am wrong but LIONS BITCH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

super excited for patriots/steelers in the afc championship game :geno:

• Locked thread