Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, it was multiple onion ring layers, and there was habanero mixed into the mince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
my wife went to the grocery store to buy ground beef today and they had very few options and she ended up with that vacuum packed ground beef and let me tell you, this poo poo sucks so goddamned much for burgers. i dont know what to do with the rest of it but i'm never gonna use it again

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Yeah it's super duper bad for burgs. The patties cook up in such a fuckin strange way... like the meat was finely minced and puréed.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BraveUlysses posted:

my wife went to the grocery store to buy ground beef today and they had very few options and she ended up with that vacuum packed ground beef and let me tell you, this poo poo sucks so goddamned much for burgers. i dont know what to do with the rest of it but i'm never gonna use it again
It's okay. There's a chili thread too ya know.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chili really benefits from a coarser grind so you get a good chew

Development
Jun 2, 2016

poteto chip and SRF wagyu borger

sizzul

drain

put in a bol

eat with borger and aioli

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Development posted:

poteto chip and SRF wagyu borger

sizzul

drain

put in a bol

eat with borger and aioli

Those are crisps hth

Delicious crisps

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I thought they were going on the burger.

I love tortilla chips on a burger, lovely texture.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I thought they were going on the burger.

I love tortilla chips on a burger, lovely texture.

interesting, I have never thought to put tortilla chips on a burger or sandwich, only ever regular potato chips. have you ever been stabbed in the mouth by one? also will need pics next time you do it!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Put beet chips on a burger to confuse an Australian long enough to escape

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Burg from the middle a light industrial zone. Trusted the place overflowing with workers in high vis and it did not disappoint.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Lacy like lingerie.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

gorgeous sir

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Brawnfire posted:

Put beet chips on a burger to confuse an Australian long enough to escape

HEY- yeah fair cop.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

I lamburged tonight. Mixed cumin and sichuan peppercorn powder in the patty and a garlic/yogurt spread on the buns

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

I lamburged tonight. Mixed cumin and sichuan peppercorn powder in the patty and a garlic/yogurt spread on the buns

Ahhh, the fabled keburger

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Simple family burger night

American cheese, mayo ketchup mustard

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I smashed a burg today for the first time.

Gouda, onions, pickle chips, burg sauce consisting of mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Capers and pickle juice. It came out p. good. Needed more salt on the patties tho.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Smash em even harder next time

Looks good tho

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

BraveUlysses posted:

Looks good tho

Will do!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

BraveUlysses posted:

Less smashburger, more smearburger.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A low-angle bolide collision should do the trick.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Force de Fappe posted:

The :gay: impasto :gay: looks loving amazing. I crumbled the cheese into rather big pieces, wisely determining that this would be optimal for "salt-crustiness" and general appearance. I licked the spoon, rendering a nice sampler of caramelized onions, GP and 'zola, and I could eat just that poo poo alone.

My previous post was a trial run for this. I made it today and can confirm the 'impasto' is incredible. I subbed stilton for roquefort and served in a toasted brioche bun, without the mushrooms. The sweetness of the onions and sharpness of the mustard are the perfect foil for the saltiness of the cheese. Absolutely amazing combination.

I learned something new in making the onions: a dash of baking soda near the end disintegrates the remaining onion nicely without the risk of overcooking.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

lamb burger

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get a picture of it, but, this was my lunch today ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnhgxYOOojS/?hl=en

This place is like having a local Bob's Burgers. There's a new special every day, usually based on a pun, but today, it took a bit of a liberty that Des Moines isn't all that close to Waterloo, Iowa, and had a Chef Slowik cheeseburger special anyway.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burg night

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Gatdamn

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The lacy crisped cheese edges are a good touch.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I don't do burgers. I watched The Menu and I had to order a sheeseburger. I mean cook one. After making and eating it and searching about it, I found out it is a >smash burger. I stored the balls in the freezer for ~10mins and moved them straight to a dry cast iron pan.

I followed this guide: https://www.buzzfeed.com/rossyoder/the-menu-movie-cheeseburger-recipe

And checked the scene from the movie. Rough pepper & salt from Peugeot mills, thinly sliced onion to the raw side. Two sheese slices to the done side.

I did not press the other one flat enough so it was quite raw in the end. I used a regular stainless steel cooking spatula and an army boot sock to press the balls.

I'll try to press both steaks equally thin tomorrow. Probably the best burger I've ever eaten.

Bonus: https://imgur.com/a/CLa5RQh

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 27, 2023

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah that's basically a smashburger but the buzzfeed article is insufferable

please dont eat raw ground beef

smash that thing as flat as it can go, aim for a quarter or third of an inch

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Burg'd. Third pound smash burger with bacon and salad. Chips were much better than they looked, fluffy and well seasoned

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

yeah that's basically a smashburger but the buzzfeed article is insufferable

please dont eat raw ground beef

smash that thing as flat as it can go, aim for a quarter or third of an inch

Yeah don’t be afraid of smashing too hard. You know it’s gonna be good when it gets a little lacy looking.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Ihmemies posted:

I don't do burgers. I watched The Menu and I had to order a sheeseburger. I mean cook one. After making and eating it and searching about it, I found out it is a >smash burger. I stored the balls in the freezer for ~10mins and moved them straight to a dry cast iron pan.

I followed this guide: https://www.buzzfeed.com/rossyoder/the-menu-movie-cheeseburger-recipe

And checked the scene from the movie. Rough pepper & salt from Peugeot mills, thinly sliced onion to the raw side. Two sheese slices to the done side.

I did not press the other one flat enough so it was quite raw in the end. I used a regular stainless steel cooking spatula and an army boot sock to press the balls.

I'll try to press both steaks equally thin tomorrow. Probably the best burger I've ever eaten.

Bonus: https://imgur.com/a/CLa5RQh

Kanji has a video that if you follow it you will be very happy.

https://youtu.be/Wwgn5k_TzKM

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Raw cow is not a problem in Finland. Usually. There is a risk but it is not worth sweating for after one mistake.

Todays burger was better and fully cooked. Buzzfeeds recipe was fine. I used 1 step less heat, and used butter with the steaks.

Now I don’t know how to improve this. There is nothing to add, remove or improve for my taste. Well.

Edit: there are around 200 cases of EHEC cases in Finland yearly. Half of those come from abroad. The meat needs to be mixed with cow poop/insestines, and usually the butcheries here have good enough hygiene. It is a nasty disease, but unlikely. If it was more likely I’d have thrown it away and tried again. I understand eating raw meat is not a good idea and always has risks.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 28, 2023

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

:krust:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That looks very good
But a side of butter sketti?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Just regular ol' smashburg. 3oz of ground chuck, some good deli american, pickles, and bacon

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Smugworth posted:

That looks very good
But a side of butter sketti?

Not quite, I did this instead of Mac n cheese

https://youtu.be/wK9OHVxB_Z8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
i'm confused about what the san francisco treat is.