Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Not Culver's, but another Wisconsin-style butter burger with an added egg.

Delicious but a tad under-seasoned and the egg was overcooked but still a great burg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tangy yet delightful posted:

Thread opinions on the meat grinder attachment to a KitchenAid stand mixer? Versus a standalone grinder?

I already have the mixer. Realistically might use it a couple times a month for 2-3 people worth of food.

I haven't tried a standalone grinder, but the last time I used the KitchenAid attachment, I got a lot of smear even after using a brand new blade and freezing all the components prior. If I ever get back into grinding my own, I'll go standalone.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheCog posted:

What is this smashburg I keep hearing about? I've always just formed the patties and put them on the grill so I'm intrigued.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html

I just use a bench scraper for both smashing the patties, and scraping them free to flip.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 14, 2018

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

WHY ARE THE HASH BROWNS NOT ON THE BURGER?

it looks delicious

Seconding this!

A local place does a "Hangover" burger with a hash brown patty inside, and is served with a "Bloody Mary" dipping sauce.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That is a drat fine looking burger.

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Seconding this!

A local place does a "Hangover" burger with a hash brown patty inside, and is served with a "Bloody Mary" dipping sauce.

This burger came to mind when the wife and I were talking about where to go for lunch ... and I got pictures this time.

I didn't ask the staff, but I think that the dipping sauce is simply mayo with some Zing Zang mixed in. The side of poutine has smoked brisket in it.

... and cross-section after eating the first half ...

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Looks great!

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Bacoon Ride 2019 - Charity Bicycle ride that's bacon themed. The first pic is an actual Burg ... the other stretches the definition a little bit.

Bacon Cheeseburger with Onion Rings

Pork Tenderloin

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

immortalyawn posted:

Calling a burger a sandwich just because it has chicken in it is pure stupidity.

My better judgement says that I really shouldn't participate in this derail, but, what has my better judgement done for me lately?

A burger has a patty. That patty can be made of almost anything ... beef, pork, chicken, black beans, potato protein. The reason that delicious chicken sandwich (which I would happily eat) is not a burger is because it appears to be a solid piece of chicken, breaded, and fried. Had that piece of chicken been ground and formed into a patty, it would absolutely be a burger (even if said patty was then breaded and fried).

A steak sandwich is not a burger. The reason it is not a burger has nothing to do with the choice of protein, it's because that protein is not formed into a patty.

Having reached the end of my diatribe, I realize that I have not accounted for how a portobello burger came to be and submit that it should be renamed as a "mushroom steak sandwich".

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Patty Melt and Onion Rings

This was the first time in a long time that I was asked what temp I'd like the burger at, and gotten something with any pink in it (I asked for medium). Good job Iron Horse Grill.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dramatika posted:

I had this double spicy burg from my favorite burger spot, Tornado Burger. They grind in garlic, onion, and jalapeño into the beef, and it’s god drat amazing.

Man, I haven't had one of those in a decade or more. I forget sometimes how good I had it for quality burgers when I lived in Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get a picture of it, but, this was my lunch today ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnhgxYOOojS/?hl=en

This place is like having a local Bob's Burgers. There's a new special every day, usually based on a pun, but today, it took a bit of a liberty that Des Moines isn't all that close to Waterloo, Iowa, and had a Chef Slowik cheeseburger special anyway.