Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
da2 is low key thicc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
the virgin dorian vs the chad bull

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
lol if u dont reload after evry single decision to see all outcomes & then decide what choice u take

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
letting him join the wardens is the easy way 2 let hhim feel like hes atoned for his sins by joining the punishment ganfg, rather than facing & owning up 2 his crimes on an individual level stripped of the organisational redemption the grey wardens give him tbh

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
making th companions playersexual in da2 was insanely good ux design

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

John Dyne posted:

I haven't touched the Dragon Age series since I beat DA:O and got disappointed that I couldn't be a dwarf in DA2, but thanks to the Origin Access poo poo I've been playing through DA2 and decided to start DA:I for the gently caress of it. I've just done the Gunpowder quest in Act 2 of DA:2 but I want to try the newer game anyways.

I've never read anything about it and I haven't talked to anyone about it, so I have to ask, why the gently caress does my custom character look so loving GREASY? Like in character creation, the hair and beards look like poo poo and are super shiny and oily, and the character has like a sheen of sweat on them. I was able to turn lip shine off but my character now looks like they're out of shape and ran a marathon and ended up with chapped lips.

pls dont project ur 2017 ideals of beuty onto the greasy people of thedas

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Randallteal posted:

Dragon Age has to be the longest running game franchise where the company has no idea what to do with it and every sequel's dev cycle is a compromised shitshow. It's amazing any of these have been any good.

the brain drain at bioware has probably caused a sisyphean cycle of relearning mistakes & pain every time dragon age enters developemnt

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
da2 qunari character design is way better & more alien than inquisition where ur just putting a qunari Snapchat filter over a human

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i hope u can romance the mechs in anthem

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Anthem Age

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Taear posted:

Putting the Bioware name on Anthem is just baffling. I can't understand why they'd do it.

EA want to push Bioware brand name recognition before its completely used up & toxic af to compete against Bungie/Activision and crack the Destiny clone market

both bioware & bungie reputations are going to be burnt alive on the altar of forever-mmo-shooters tbh

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

NikkolasKing posted:

I believe Dragon Age 4 will come out and it will be both good and satisfyingly resolve everything.

ah, i see u too have read my fanfic

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
The andrmeda memes were v. good & 🔥 tho

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
david gaider is now writing oc fanfiction

https://medium.com/@davidgaider/the-final-conversation-d6258fa6cbdb

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
btw james ohlen also left last week to write oc dungeons & dragons

https://twitter.com/JamesOhlen/status/1017417894697881600
https://twitter.com/JamesOhlen/status/1017477704382377984

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://twitter.com/PatrickWeekes/status/1064318450464567296

hmmmmm

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/1064706640497172480

u have betrayed eveything that u set out to creat

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i enjoy that cullen is in all three dragon ages

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Casey Hudson is going to announce hes an incel

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/04/dragon-age-4-2021/

smh EA deletd the original concept for da4 because it wasn't really live service

A new dragon age is at least 3 yrs away

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

i do not vibe wth solas' new mod pageboy haircut

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

chaosapiant posted:

Do folks really think DA4 might not get made? Aside from speculation because Anthem and Andromeda didn't set the world on fire, the DA series still has a great reputation and the trailer for DA4 was dropped not that long ago.

ea cant shut down bioware because a year ago thy hired a graphic desiner to make a new logo for the studio

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
dragon age is never ending bcause the games dont revolve around a primary protagonist like sheperd, the story is more about the world & different castS of characters

things from past games and characters will sumtimes be addressed but the series will just eventually stop being made instead of having a big cataclysmic end tbh

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Jory son will be a compainon in da4

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Nichael posted:

the spectrum of dragon age posting

the agony & the ectasy

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

MorgaineDax posted:

Laidlaw is with Ubisoft now, but I haven't heard of Gaider doing anything besides dicking around on Twitter, so they should just hire him back.

gaider joined beamdog to do sumthin, maybe another baldurs gate xpac?, but then left

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
the funniest thing in the kotak article is the anonymous anthem team dunking on David gaider & complaining that he was just writing a dragon age fanfic lmao

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i know what was the point of using david gaider and not getting him to write a story arc where u fall in love with ur javelin, Cassandra 3000

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
microsoft now owns all the american rpg houses that still do party based rpgs

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Skippy McPants posted:

So... Obsidian?

dont forget inxile!

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

chaosapiant posted:

Witcher 1 era: probably yes. W3 CDPR? I don’t see it.

W2 era would have geralt tell a feminist elf to pull thenselvs up by ther bootstraps

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 4, 2019

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
witcher is good but isnt a good replacement for the bioware rpg feeling since ur completely alone outside certain quests and one of the best thing about bioware rpgs was ur party and their interactions

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Savy Saracen salad posted:

The side quests in the Witcher 3 are so good because the distinction line between the main quest and the side quests are blurred, and the production values are so insane that you will not realise you are doing a side quest unless you actively check your quest menu. A tower full of mice, The whole skellige chain quest, the one throw away quest where you get invited by a village notable to solve a hunting in a light house and can get jailed, and then get sent to the chieftains son to assist him in exploring a cave full of hallucinogenics, and you discover that his greatest fear is his dad and he pisses himself. Then afterwards you can run into a prison inmate you met when you where imprisoned and depending on your choices or not you could him a favor and he will drag you into another quest about honour. It is just crazy thinking about it. Also the Pellars quest where you discover his father is a patricide. The whole assassin of kings quest chain is a side quest while I thought it was a main quest. What about the quest where you help dandellion in opening a caberat , only for it to turn into a creepy murder mystery and your investigation can go wrong and you can blame the wrong suspect. This is all just stuff from memory as I played the game years ago. Just amazing meaty quests that you don't even encounter a single one of its calibre in any bio-ware game to date. I am not talking about the monster hunts as they are a category of their own.

yeah but cdprojekt was only abel to achiev this by crunching their workers 2 death sumthin bioware would never d

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
james ohlen from bioware is now writing new baldurs gate d&d 5th edition books

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F581HTuZX-M

hes also founded a new video game studio with Wizards of the coast ™

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-04-24-james-ohlen-joins-wizards-of-the-coast

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 24, 2019