Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Glazius posted:

...really, Big Head Mode's not bad, at least for these noncombat times. It's a nice look at a little bit of sprite that was done in pretty good detail.
Yeah, I never really noticed Deitrich's tattoos in action mode, but when imbiggened they stand out.

Of course I noticed them in portrait mode, because gently caress no he can't sing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fighting Trousers posted:

He must have been a hell of a front man. Just look at the fan club he's already got in this thread.

Like any punk band they had a loyal following of like 20 people.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

IMJack posted:

Has anyone mentioned how silly the Prescott illustrations for these books are?

I'm the pensive look of the skull crotchplate.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
is Zurich-Orbital a space launch company like SpaceX? Maybe you can make the dragon-matrix link and then get on a rocket to Mars before Lofwyr can get to you.

Or you get in the shuttle and Lofwyr is out on the wing like the gremlin from The Twilight Zone because he wants to destroy you and look you in the eye before he does so.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Loxbourne posted:

If you are very smart, and a very quick thinker, you can try and persuade him that the real money is in the maintenance agreement.

Although now if I ever GM Shadowrun and the players meet a dragon, their mission will be to obtain (a) that pesky decker who did something very annoying last week, (b) this list of condiments, and (c) "drop by my personal bakers and pick me up one of the special super-size hot dog buns".
The dragon wants the head chef from 2057's version of Iron Chef to cook him dinner, and he doesn't care that said chef is currently cooking dinner for the CEO of Japan's biggest corp. And he wants real Bluefin tuna and real king crabs and he wants them alive before Hoshino makes the ceremonial first cut.

Then the dragon eats everyone but the tuna.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kanfy posted:

It goes without saying this LP will end prematurely should we ever hit a game over, thus providing a proper immersive experience.
"You died in a hail of gunfire, magic, and explosions, some of which were your own. Roll a new character." is how the game is meant to be played.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Conot posted:

And yeah, Janna probably has more going on then meets the eye. I'm kinda shocked a experienced shadowrunner like Rosa just took "innocent ol' me is just a innocent ol' person" schtick at face value but I guess plot convenience.
Rosa would put Janna in the category of "people who are likely to betray me at some point on this mission" along with the other two.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a fist punching in a Nazi's face—for ever.”

*Dietrich smiles and raises a clenched fist that is also on fire*

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A.B.P.

Always. Be. Punching. (nazis)

:hai:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

oystertoadfish posted:

bond probably gets some supernatural benefit, a spy shaman who worships the spirit of 50s patriarchy or something

and i didnt know that thanks, cool that we as a james bond consuming populace are in the Slyly Winking phase this decade

Well when Bond has been bedding such Slyly Winking ladies as Pussy Galore, the fact that he might spend a night with T. Winkerson and Grizz Bear is a decent step forward.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 11, 2018

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I know it's a fictional acronym in a fantasy world. But I want to find whoever made that acronym and stab them.
I'm going to pretend it's a nod to GROSS, Get Rid Of Slimy girlS

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

chiasaur11 posted:

Humanis sucks, the Lodge sucks, Alexander's barber sucks.

Sadly, you won't be able to find someone who'll pay you to shoot people over questionable barber practices. A real pity.

Pat would shoot a barber. And friends and family of barbers would shoot back.
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06142006

For actual Shadowrun stuff, because of the moral ambiguity and horrible actions of everyone involved, every Shadowrun campaign should end with "gently caress you, gently caress you, gently caress you, you cool (:smaug: ) gently caress you, I'm out"

MadDogMike posted:

On the bright side I rather like that the Lodge objective is something that's easy to do without looking like you're doing a favor for them. Skipping shooting the unarmed guy running away in favor of blasting the guys with guns right there is a logical response, one that you don't have to explain to your team for doing. Sure it might be disappointing to them but it isn't the slightest bit suspicious really.
Oh yeah, when a run goes loud, SOP is
1: geek the mage/shaman
2: geek the enemy running remarkably fast towards you, they are either a phys adept or a melee street sam, and you gotta drop them before they get too close for comfort
3: geek the shooty peeps, this includes drones
4: chase down the runaways and the rigger hiding in the back which was controlling the drones

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Lone Badger posted:

(4E)
Load alternating stick-and-shock and capsule rounds filled with a DMSO/narcoject mix. A double tap will drop anyone without serious augmentation.
Rifle Wizard casts Sleep. It's super effective!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

By popular demand posted:

More into Nietzsche probably.

God is dead, and doing so required an orbital strike.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, Ghostwalker took over Denver following his reemergence from the Watergate Rift years after President Dunkelzhan got blown up, and then cemented his control after the failure of the renegotiation of the Treaty of Denver, which is what formed the NAN and precipitated the dissolution of the old US.

And his prohibition on Spirit Binding as slavery is rumored to be from his friendship with the City Spirit of Denver, Zebulon. When two mages on different sides of the NAN War tried to summon and bind him to act against their enemies, he got violently split up and never quite recovered until Ghostwalker showed up and healed him by with a magical ritual after gathering all of his parts together.

One of the more prominent beings arrested for Spirit Binding since Ghostwalker took over Denver (or the Front Range Free Zone to use it's formal name) was Perianwyr, who has been mentioned before in this thread. He's a dragon that loves music, and has part ownership in a club in the city after he passed out on either drugs or the astral sensations from the music and transformed back into his dragon form in the middle of said club. The club owner promptly partnered with him so as to exploit the publicity.

He was convicted by Ghostwalker, but escaped when the Great Dragon was dealing with an attack of some sort (I think it was Harlequin coming after him with Excalibur and them fighting a duel or something? I forget. I do remember that in the aftermath of that battle, the Azzies were able to re-enter the city through corporate cutouts for the first time in decades since Ghostwalker kicked out all the Azzies and their direct and open subsidiaries from the city once he took over. The Azzies were super pissed and kept trying to get back in, not just for the massive business opportunities, but also because of their wounded pride and hyperexpansionist narcocartel origins driving them even more so than other megacorps slighted in such a manner, as they once controlled part of the city as a part of the NAN before they were kicked out, and Ghostwalker showing up only completed their ouster from the area).
I just want to say that I love GhostStalker's lore posts, and this is the most ShadowrunLore.txt post of them all.

Here's some lore.

Here's some more.

Here's some more (and in this parenthetical aside there's even more lore that just drops Harlequin and Azteck and points towards a giant corp war but it's in parentheses)

It's why this is the best Shadowrun thread on the forums.

Oh and sometimes Kanfy posts and that's also great.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
You did it again!

:allears:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

OAquinas posted:

Actually he was the lieutenant of Satan, who was in turn just a back up singer for the main God of the fiction and I've just sprung a nerd trap haven't I.
You're the nerd orc that says "Well actually in the Simarillion…" and then you die from all of the gunfire. All of the guns. All of the fire.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
There's also Bioware which is a little like cyberware. If a mage or shaman loses a finger or eye or kidney in battle, a new one can be grown at a super expensive cost, and the essence can be regained. At least that's how my group worked it.

A mage could make a chrome part into a focus, because talismans exist. It's like a magic wand but it's your chrome hand. Shamans would need the permission of their totem God and that's a dicey proposition.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Maybe they were phone posting and youtube doesn't show previews in Awful App.

I don't read this thread on the phone because it's hard to read the screenshots on the tiny phone screen compared to my laptop, but to each their own.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stroth posted:

God help you if you ever end up out in farm country. You know how many chickens there are on a serious chicken farm? Enough that, statistically, there's probably at least a few cockatrices running around. Imagine a chicken. Now imagine that it's ten feet long from beak to tail, weighs about a hundred pounds, can run faster than most cars can move on those lovely old roads, is perfectly capable of flight, can paralyze someone with a touch, is entirely carnivorous, and likes to eat its meals slow.

See that got me thinking about awakened deer. I think "Well, they might breathe fire, will still be dumb and flighty, and be large as a moose" and then had the horrifying corollary thought: "What about awakened moose?"

Just a goddamn AT-AT walker with enormous antlers.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
From the Calvin and Hobbes thread in GBS:

Coolguye posted:

now i want to try to make a tiger shaman in shadowrun to see how a cyberpunk calvin and hobbes would roll

The Dregs posted:

There were a pair of street samurai in one of the intro stories for one version or another. One was blonde and the other had tiger stripe tattoos. they said no one ever got the joke.
So of course I ran to the proper Shadowrun lore thread. Are there any specifics about this?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Xander77 posted:

Preferring organ meat over muscles is actually historically accurate for the medieval period.

In general, "what, this is something other than muscle tissue? Yuck, get it away from me!" is a neurosis particular to anglo-saxon cultures.
Anglo-saxons have haggis and blood pudding and kidney pie and liver & onions. That "what, this is something other than muscle tissue? Yuck, get it away from me!" neurosis is from having cheap industrial farmed muscle meat readily available.

Anywho, the update.

I love how the original actors of Knight-Kings of Lightninghold are at least earnestly attempting to act, and then the German dub is just the translation shouted over the original audio. Blitz's reaction is exactly how I would react.

And Knight-King Phillip's reaction is exactly how I would react after a year of long pig and horribly dubbed live action fantasy. He danced with his subjects :3:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GunnerJ posted:

"Knight-King" is the sort of nonsense concept a kid would come up with for playing let's pretend because it sounds totally sweet and it's great.

It's the nonsense a Slovakian kid came up with while playing pretend, that kid grew up to fund a charmingly cheap fantasy show that was then shout translated into German, and then text translated into English.

Layers and layers of :allears:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GunnerJ posted:

Also just sort smugly walking around with one arm torn off and a knife in his shoulder like it ain't no thang.
Sure, getting to the cryo-fetus cost an arm and taking it out cost a hand, but judging by the pile of bodies behind him he's doing pretty well. Even though he lost most of an ear he still has his skinny shades.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Oh, there's plenty of inexpensive meat in the Shadowrun universe, it's just that it's the sort of meat most people aren't interested in eating.

Also if you're really responsible with your money, you'll go with Soyfu instead of tofu; a soy-based tofu substitute which requires less soy to make than tofu.
I have questions but I'm not sure if I can handle the answers.

Maybe a simple one: Is the method of making soyfu related to your first statement?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

The Soyfu(tm) manufacturing process is a trade secret, but you can be assured that only the best ingredients and greatest care are used in its production.

And while obviously a joke, we would like to remind you that libel and slander are punishable under Corporate Law, and any statement that could reflect poorly on the Corporation should be avoided. Better safe than sorry!

- Your friends at Aztechnology
Thank you for your prompt response. :)

IMJack posted:

They tend to be hard to make and impossible to "farm". I think any attempt to grow awakened plants on a large scale will revert most of it to its mundane counterpart. That, or eat you.
A whole field of Audrey 2 just wanting to be fed. Yeah, that fits Shadowrun (but not Aztechnology for their methods use only mundane ingredients)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

habeasdorkus posted:

Coquatrice au Vin is an old French Elf recipe, of course. Gotta braise those fuckers or they taste like stone.

I hate you for that pun and I hate myself for understanding it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Open the door, fireball to the face, just another day for Rosa.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah but that would involve blitz doing well at something.

He got zero points for "Knight-Kings of Whatever I'm Busy"

He knew the answer.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Lone Badger posted:

Having a Plan B is very very good. But in my opinion you should always, always maintain Plan C.
A is get to the exit. B is make a new exit. C is kill everyone else. D is Dunkelzahn.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wedgekree posted:

On the topic of 'why not bring everyone along in RPG's', probably my favorite incarnation was Phantasy Star IV. Purely as they actually made it part of the plot (Characters would come and go based on the point you were in the game and the plot narrative).

Aware it's generally a balancing/engine thing, but it'd be sort of nice if more games would try and give a reason in universe or let you bring along 'everyone'. Or at least give a reason or something handwavable (Ie, Pathfinder: Kingmaker where the characters not along you can presume are.. well, helping run the kingdom)
Chrono Trigger solved the "only 3 characters in the party" thing by saying only 3 could fit in the Epoch and if 4 or more went through a time gate it would just boot them out at the End Of Time.

But then it didn't matter because you could swap party members without having to return to End of Time so they were … following along the whole time?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wiegieman posted:

Modern astral protections usually involve an FAB3 pack inserted into the wall during construction. The gel suspension keeps it fed pretty much forever, and it even glows in the dark when it eats evil spirits.
Blue canary in outlet by the light switch, who watches over you?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

By popular demand posted:

I envy you for experiencing it for that magical first time.
:same:

I'm glad Staplerfahrer Klaus followed the Dr Who forklift video right away, and I'm the guy who doesn't watch Dr Who and didn't know about that hilarious forklift fight.

Poil posted:

You take the loss when you add the beneficial ware.

A "Primitive prosthetic" doesn't cost any essence at all. If you have the money for it you can get bioware replacement limbs for a fairly small essence cost. But if you're going to replace both legs you might as well go for the centaur lower body upgrade.
Is "Primitive prosthetic" like a peg leg and hook hand, or a 2019 modern prosthetic that provides decent mobility and dexterity but isn't going to grant super speed or hands that have hidden chainsaws?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 19, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Siegkrow posted:

On the other hand, that is based on the player, like the intro level implies, you can play as Attila the gun or Ghandi(minus nukes)
That is a wonderful concept.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tag yourself: I'm "reorganizing the bottom shelf".
I'm "Mage runs right at the guns"

what are we doing again?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"rummaging through the wastebasket"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Actioning the disruption synergistically.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

paragon1 posted:

Eventually they'll figure out that you can do this exact same concept to animals and call them "biodrones" and no one will give a gently caress.

Yeah, that was done in We3 and they gave a gently caress because they were idiots that chromed up a cat and reaped their just rewards.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kanfy posted:

Part 49 - Doom & Gloom

Technically we already have enough to cover her fee if we paid some from our own pocket but eh, dragons live a long time, a few extra days of odd jobs aren't going to make a difference.
Thanks, I was going to ask about that. So it is possible to skip to the endgame and pay off Alice early instead of just doing all of the runs. Of course, any good runner would want to do more runs for the delicious nuyen and even more delicious karma, I just wondered if it was possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
A few things:

Kanfy posted:

There was a courier drone back there, but it self-destructed. Whatever it was carrying went up with it.

"It self-destructed" is technically a 100% correct description of what happened, and any mentions about us trying to punch our way through an anti-tampering system which required all of 2 Intelligence to detect are to be erased from the official records as both inaccurate and blatantly slanderous.

So this check needed at least 2 Int, so that means the game knows what to do when a character has 1 Int. I hope it acts like the 90s Fallout games with 1 Int characters.

Kanfy posted:

It's really too bad Eiger was working with X-COM probabilities with this one.
Now I'm imagining Eiger charging out of the dropship and destroying the building behind the nearest Grey.

Also, Glory's run looks to be very very serious.