Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I always did my rounds of the hub counter-clockwise (I was either a caster or a techie of some kind so it was most useful for me to hit the shops directly below the base first) so I had no idea that talking to Kim first gave you more dialogue with Ezkibel. Doing things that way also had the unintended effect of beginning with the worst news (Altug's shop got hit the hardest) then ending with a bit of hope (the civic center you helped build saved many lives). It's interesting how I always took that tone for granted but, in hindsight, it's a complete coincidence.

I also always gave a spare nuyen to the street performer during my trips and it sucks that she's probably dead. Then during my replay I tried giving her even more and no luck either. RIP.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I love this scene and the plot ramifications of this decision. The rest of the mission sucks, but this bit here is a top 5 Dragonfall moments for me.

I'm gonna vote save it just to try to keep things interesting because a steamroll is no fun.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

For reference, I said this years ago, and this conversation with APEX is the other reason. An AI trying to manipulate you with the face of your friend? hosed up. An AI trying to manipulate you with the face of your lover? Hot drat, that is some spicy drama.

I wish the earlier chat with Dietrich affected this conversation more, because yeah, this is the good poo poo.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I can't believe I didn't realize how OP the LP Authority Etiquette was in any of my playthroughs.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The ending of Dragonfall was already very good, then Director's Cut made it amazing.

Harebrained Schemes outdid themselves with this one. And the best part was that they gave it away for free to anyone who already owned a copy of the Dragonfall expansion. Cool people, that bunch.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The best thing about the "Free APEX" route is that you can experience all the major variants of the ending with any save before the chat with Vauclair, as long as you don't mention what you did.

Also I have that voiced quote from the beginning of NWN2 imprinted in my brain from my several attempts at replaying that game and quitting before the end of Chapter 1. I didn't even play the video and I still heard it in my head when I saw the post.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

In most rpgs allying with the antagonist at the last minute would at most give you a 5 minute scene as a reward for picking the bad ending. In Dragonfall you get to sit down and contemplate how badly you hosed everything up after the antagonist you signed up to help shoots himself. What a game.

Excellent LP, kanfy. Until the very last update you kept showing off stuff that veterans of this game didn't know was there and you always did it in an entertaining manner. Cheers and congratulations on a job well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

You are the hero we need, Kanfy. :allears: