Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win?
Moore! *grope*
Jones! *shrugs, looks around* who?
View Results

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

it's those people in the media like the totally real and in no way made up reporter bernie bernstein that are making moore seem anti-semitic and not anything he's done or said on the campaign trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

One other lesson:

Candidate credibility matters.

Jones had a rock solid civil rights record and that helped turn out the AA vote in a big way. He was a candidate who had walked the walk, not just talked th talk.

See also: Danica Roem. She ran on really specific transportation issues that locals obviously cared about, her opponent just ran on "gently caress them gays and tran people."

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Dems have to play a lot of defense in 2018. I really hope they have the stomach for it.

if the dems can hold on to the states they picked up in 2012, AND pick up dean heller's seat in nevada and jeff flake's open seat in arizona, that's control of the senate.

like you said, the 2018 map is an uphill battle for democrats, because even if they somehow pulled off a goddamn miracle and won literally every single seat up for grabs, that'd still only leave them with 56 senate seats, with 44 republican seats not up for grabs at all.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

too young at that point to have had the Randian bullshit beaten out of them

a lot of the Libertarians I knew in high school are basically commies now

bawfuls posted:

*raises hand*

current DSA member and former teenaged Libertarian

yep. that's me. grew up conservative, was an insufferable teenage libertarian and now i'm a leftcom.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

shoutout to all the lf effort threads that were pretty big influences in pushing me to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Siri, show me a picture of Doug Jones

• Locked thread