Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win?
Moore! *grope*
Jones! *shrugs, looks around* who?
View Results

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DOUG JONES!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Moore opposes godless fiat currency and will vote to make bitcoin the new dollar

how the gently caress is an entirely digital imaginary currency not fiat?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gug Jones!!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Subvisual Haze posted:

Have you prepared your soul for a solid week of "Actually the Democrats only losing by x% to a literal pedophile is a good sign" articles?

"we can't call them pedophiles because that would be too mean"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"how dare you talk about Sherman, don't you know Alabama has a lot of black people in it"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Yeah, not a lot of childrens' programming in prime time.

:wow:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
someone should screenshot Trump's endorsement tweets in case he tries to delete them all

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
CC is going to be loving insufferable if Jones wins

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Serf, Covok, if y'all are reading this, I wanna give you two a big ol' hug.

Something good happened. Fuckin' imagine that.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kimmurphy/status/940797915651608576

he Romney'd himself

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

robot roll call posted:

This was pretty much the photon torpedo down the death star exaust pipe. if you can elect a dem senator in one of the absolute reddest states in the country, even with that whole pedo handcap, what is going to happen in more moderate places next november?

I'm trying not to be a negative nancy, but the apprehension here is that the Dems will continue to run moderates and try to skate-by on the anti-Trump sentiment, which sets them up for an even stronger reactionary backlash if poo poo like Medicare-For-All is sunk by people like Manchin or Pelosi.

Also, 2018 is going to be a hell of a fight to even keep the state of the Senate as-is - a lot of the Dem seats are in places like Idaho and Missouri and Florida that only got there because of Obamarama, meanwhile the red seats up for grabs are states such Texas, Nevada, Arizona.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thatim posted:

Ur just mad Jones won

Boooo daycrew, booo

I'm am not mad that Jones won. I want this (and other parts of 2017) to be remembered as Trump's Midway, El Alamein, Stalingrad.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

robot roll call posted:

Guess what bitch, we're in bizarro Obamarama. We all thought it was a sure thing the kid fucker was going to win in one of the reddest states in the country just because he had an R by his name. What does this mean for the many, many republicans in less safe seats?

I mean yeah even if we handwave-away Moore's kiddy-loving and reduce the 30-point swing into a 20-point swing that still means a massive, GOP-stomping blue wave, which I look forward to.

You got me. I'll be cynical tomorrow.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/Naan_Binary_/status/940856743579570176

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why are 18-24 voting more Republican than 25-29?

Gamergate

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Dems win with a pro-choice candidate in AL and twitter leftists are extremely mad

uh aren't leftists pro choice

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HorseRenoir posted:

"gotv is really important you guys"

You would have thought that people would get this in their heads after the election of Barack goddamn Obama

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ashpanash posted:

I dunno, I think that if you wrench people too far to one side or the other they tend to get uncomfortable. Going all left will put off more people than it will gather, just because of the backlash effect. Go in the center, attract more people, gradually convince them that the grass is greener on the left.

This isn't exactly wrong - the reason why Capital-C Centrism is getting thrown around as a noun nowadays is because there are these people who think that "Centrist" politics are a immutable set of policies (that in the American context date back to somewhere around the Clinton-to-Obama eras) rather than an ever-shifting set of goals as a compromise to the radical end of the spectrum.

That is to say, Bernie Sanders doesn't want to usher in Full Communism Now, but that still means Medicare-For-All is the "centrist" position relative to the desires of the public and the alternatives. Keeping-and-tweaking Obamacare is the Capital-C Centrist position, and that's the lovely one because it refuses to acknowledge that the needs and the demands of the populace have changed.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

get that OUT of my face posted:

the DNC didn't really help out jones that much, right? i'm not sure whether that's because Jones is a good candidate or whether the DNC figured it's not worth fighting a battle they thought they'd lose

It's my understanding that the Jones campaign specifically did not want to elevate the campaign to a national level for fear that it might hurt more than help.

(which is also why I'm a little irritated at all the hot takes about Bernie not going down there to campaign for Jones, and then accusing him of credit-grabbing for congratulating Jones afterwards)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

reignonyourparade posted:

Subway Jared could theoretically be elected president while still in prison.

in the Philippines (whose Constitution is heavily based on America's), we had a guy who was elected Senator while he was in prison for a failed coup. He served the first three years of his term from inside a prison cell until he was granted amnesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/942406299626688512
lmao

• Locked thread