Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It has begun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

King Burgundy, hopefully.

I'll write up a thing in about a day but for maximum effectiveness of said thing let's not talk about the texans for now

I probably won't be commenting on the other thread.

But yes, I'll be reading it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

absolutely not

Why is that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree with wanting to share information but feeling like we should get a prompt from KB as to how much / what to share (Bif has a nice template in their thread, should we just steal that one? :j:)

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now I may change my mind later.

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

A bunch of the questions give too much info to the other side if collected and used for targeting purposes; indeed, I've got an excel sheet of all 10 of their current answers to help the good soldiers of the DdN figure out who to focus fire on. Answers past this post are much more suspect, but I suppose that helps us, too, since it screws with Bifauxnen, enough that I'd rather explain now than wait for more revelations.

It's also great for scum to learn who's worth an NK so I highly encourage any of our brave mexicans behind enemy lines to look at the incoming incomplete dataset for inspiration.

For instance: if Natural 20 isn't lying (strong/risky townplay or just being on our side), he's claimed (by saying "I really don't want to be on the battlefield right now, and want to in the future, because I have rare melee powers") that he gets stronger melee abilities in the late game. That's possibly useful info for us and our brave comrades in the heart of texas.

Yeah, this is fair, sorry for not waiting for your answer, but you'll see I edited slightly to exclude some things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max Peck posted:

More seriously, do we know which leader won the right to choose the first battlefield?

I'll be choosing the battlefield the first time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Do you want to share what battlefield you're thinking of picking? It might affect whether people want to participate. On the other side too, I suppose, so that's a consideration.

Won't be sharing just yet. Still thinking about how I want to handle that. But:

Max Peck posted:

I mean, realistically, there are only two choices, and one of them has no special effect.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

50 pounds of bread posted:

let's lynch someone asap so I can blow someone up.

Plenty of folks haven't even posted yet. We'll give everyone a chance to get their day actions in, get their posts in, etc.

But having said that, if you had to pick now, who would you get rid of?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm happy to see that the game has begun in earnest.

Our thread is way more on the ball than those bozos in Texas.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Again the relevant question to me is "would sharing his role info be a play scum Tobbs would make?" and I can't see a world ever where he would just D1 fakeclaim something like that.

This is my current opinion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Why?

I honestly find it to be a very safe pick for fakeclaim. It ideally makes you want to put him in battle (to fulfill his role), it has the enemy side upon reading up explicitly want to avoid targeting him (because what's the point) and he can simply declare he did inconclusive stuff to the otherside because he soaked damage.

and hey, why would scum bother with a tank? I recall in the Echo soldiers game (which, granted, this is not) the NK was just flat damage, so he could even fake being hit by it and use up resources if he really wanted to.

In theory, a tank is probably the best thing any would-be scum would want to claim. Would Tobbs ever do that as a town?

Sure. It's a fine claim. But it's a not a D1 fake claim unless he has a bomb that he wants to use on D1 really badly for some reason. Also, Tobbs doesn't strike me as someone that gambits on D1 to get something done like this. It's not like he needed to claim to avoid being cuddled or something. This was out of nowhere.

You and others seem to be arguing that he thought this was a super clever strategy. Can you please talk to me a bit about what you think his thought process was before making that post? Walk me through it.

---

FWIW, although the games aren't directly applicable, as scum in the previous of these games, we didn't want to be in right away, because there was always the risk that we'd die in combat, especially in the front line. And when we did get put in initially, I recall not making waves so that if we were the winners there would be less scrutiny on us. And as far as claims, we pretty much claimed what we were to keep things easier. We had healers, we had tanks, etc.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fwiw, I think I'd rather no one else share details like Tobbs did on D1 short of claiming before a possible cuddle. These are things I might want on D2 or later, if I need to figure some stuff out from combat/need to better plan for the next one.

FYI that I'll be busy pretty much all day tomorrow since I'm hosting a new years day of gaming. So probably won't see much of me.

Happy New Year!

Please feel free to continue to hunt scum in my absence, once you recover from any celebrations. Those of you who haven't put some opinions on the record in terms of who you think are scum should really start doing that. At least a couple of you have almost nothing useful uttered in this game and that should really change. Holiday weekend/yadda yadda, but if I come into this thread on the 2nd and still haven't seen useful stuff from some of you I'll definitely be thinking you are texas lovers. There is plenty to comment on now.

Also, if you have a day action, put it in now-ish if you haven't already. Don't want to be left holding the bag if we cuddle early on the 2nd rather than waiting till deadline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is exactly the kind of thing people say before I solve an entire game.

Well, please proceed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have a lot I'll probably comment on if I can get to it all before I fall asleep, but I want to lead with a request to follow this request :

Monathin posted:

Kid makes a note of the time. Less than 24 hours until the camp marches, time for speculation is rapidly dwindling down. Kid figures it's time to ask the loaded question.

Each picks three, says why they're worth their vote. Best to consolidate opinion at this stage then keeping multiple lines of questioning open.

From the Kid's point of view...

Gamer is looking like the most suspect. After the train on ol' Tobbs went and derailed, Gamer's been exclusively trying to call out those that think they're suspect, not contributing to the general discussion outside of loudly declaring their innocence. They've been consistently haranguing Tobbs over anything else, which feels more and more like someone shady trying to get someone under the bus for what's more and more looking like an honest misplay.

Mush, the Kid can hardly elaborate on beyond what's already been said - there's far more the Texans can do with the information Mush dropped, and in doing so, seemed to try and encourage others to push forward their abilities. Kid doesn't like that.He's willing to give the benefit of the doubt, given their communication issues, but that rope only goes so far.

Anon, Kid doesn't feel good about, but if he's being honest with himself, Anon hasn't even purposefully tried to engage in the discussion, and even considering the holiday, it's hard to give that much leeway when they haven't been engaging over an extensive first day of debate. Executing them wouldn't do a whole lot of good with the camp, but it wouldn't do much bad for the camp either, at this point.

There's a couple of other individuals Kid feels might be worth looking into, if the rest of the camp thinks it, but we're rapidly running out of time.

We have some people who have already basically done the above, but if you haven't recently listed your top 3 or so scum, I'd definitely like to see it. Don't necessarily limit yourself to the current leaders for this particular exercise.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Like it's kind of driving me crazy that people aren't talking about the actual point I'm trying to make and I'm trying really hard not to be a dick about it so one more time:

The bolded part I posted is not a genuine thought process. "It ALSO tells the scum team in our thread information.." is not a thing town ever thinks.

Nothing else - not post count, not meta reads, not # of scum reads or whatever - changes that fact.

My take on this is he was describing, in the same post with no real delineation, two separate concepts. Why it was scummy to do, and why it was dumb for town to do. Part of it was simultaneously about claiming VT. It makes for a confusing read, but I think you are making mountains out of molehills.

I don't have a firm stance on his alignment, but I think this case is off base as a judge of it.

Also, I know this isn't what you meant exactly, but as written, that is actually a real thought people think all the time, including me. This caused some of the other back and forth you had on this, you weren't being as clear as you thought you were. I'm only throwing this out there for you because you know I'm town so you can at least trust where I'm coming from.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

On Pmush,

On one hand, yeah, I get it, I'm totally hosed when I have to phone post, I really need my multiple tabs/etc for the way I read/respond/notate my spreadsheets/etc. Even when I'm not a leader. And that stops me totally in my tracks from casing well or the like.

But on the other hand, I can still read the thread just fine. And certainly when skimming I'd pay higher attention to the leader and his cool semi-moving avatar. And tons of people do just fine spending their whole mafia lives phone posting.

And then after saying she isn't reading the whole thread and either messing up or gambiting as a result of it:

PMush Perfect posted:

Final thoughts before I gently caress off back to exile:

MMT cool.

Kash tryhard.

TG kinda drive by.

Hoping more people talk tomorrow.

Especially hoping internet comes back tomorrow so I can contribute properly.

Sorry if I actually hosed up, King. My reasons made sense at the time.

What on earth is the bolded about if you aren't even reading everything? Like, you want more to not read? I just don't get it.

---

What's interesting, is for other reasons, I was thinking Pmush was maybe scum, but this claim is weird and almost makes me flip the other way on her. Maybe that was the intention? To mimic what Tobbs had done to make me think he was maybe town?

I'll sleep on it and see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Monathin: weird posting gimmick doesn’t sit well with me and obscures their reads a bit. Not a fan of that kind of posting

I hate a lot of posting gimmicks, but like this one. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

This is my first soldier game. The additional layer of the battle is making it hard to wrap my head around what I should be looking for in terms of trying to figure out who is scum and who isn't. I'm glad the thread is active but for the life of me I'm having trouble following the flow. The way I take it is that Pmush talked about his ability, asks to be put in back row, thats seen as scummy because scum players are able to damage players on their own team, and damage the other lines front rank but not back rank where the other sides mafia players would ostensibly try to be located at. We have some people who think that it's scummy to request to be in battles and to be in back rank, we have some that don't care. My question is this being a soldier game isn't it proper to want to be involved in battles or am I off base there?

I think you are overthinking things. Feel free to play this straight as a normal mafia game. From that perspective, who are your top scum picks?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Even then your implication is I put you on a random list on the off chance you and I clashed after you called me Town so that I could preemptively cut off any false narrativr stories with multiple pieces of evidence, not the least of which is that we have two people who have made it clear they don’t agree with me that I haven’t claimed are scum, and try to call you out despite keeping my vote on someone else.

I mean frankly I’m kinda honored you think I’m this good at mafia

Not sure if my meta is up to date, but Quid having weird theories and at least a few opinions I can't even follow seems like his town game to me. I don't have a strong read here, but wanted to at least throw it out there.

----

I'd put more opinions out here now if more people were on the record, since I think we are close enough now to finish this day off. But I'd really like to hear more people's scum picks before I out my opinions any further. We are nowhere near a cuddle as things currently stand and there are quite a few floaters who aren't putting solid thoughts/votes down.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

PMush Perfect (4): Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Moatillata, Your Personal Muse
Gamerofthegame (3): Murmur Twin, Max Peck, Monathin, Monathin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Monathin
Quidthulhu (3): chaoslord, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark
Kashuno (3): Truth Quark, chaoslord, Max Peck, TMMadman, 50 pounds of bread, chaoslord, 50 pounds of bread, Max Peck, Slaan, Truth Quark, TMMadman, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu, Slaan, Murmur Twin
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Monathin, Quidthulhu, Gamerofthegame, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Monathin
50 pounds of bread (1): Slaan, Slaan, Tobbs Gnawed, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed
Truth Quark (1): GeneX
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
The Lord of Hats (0): GeneX, GeneX
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
GeneX (0): OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno
Slaan (0): 50 pounds of bread, Gamerofthegame, Truth Quark, Gamerofthegame, 50 pounds of bread, Truth Quark
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
OMGVBFLOL (0): GeneX, GeneX
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Murmur Twin (0): TMMadman, chaoslord, chaoslord, TMMadman

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Flying Leatherman, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, SalTheBard, Slaan, TMMadman :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 15 hours, 2 minutes.

When Shine surfaced in New York City during the height of Prohibition, people naturally compared it to the most similar thing they were already drinking - moonshine. (Naturally, that led to its naming.) But when Shine came to Mexico, people had a different comparison in mind... tequila. Whether it was an apt likeness or not, that mattered little to small distilleries eager to get out of the flooded (soaked?) tequila market and make something new. Thus, as Shine rose to prominence in Mexico, tequila began to decline.

It was one such recently-converted distillery in Celaya, caught up in its new Shine creation and experimentation, that caught Pancho Villa's eye while out on an early morning ride and gave him the spark of an idea that would change the world forever...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I am not going to do as TMM requested until more people look at him. Additionally, I will point out that TMM has, in the course of this single post, dismissed my points as foolish and concludes with them being valid.

Come on now.

##vote Keane

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

To be clear, your leader also asked for your top 3 scum reads and you ignored that, and have continued to float.

You are now using this tiff with TMM to continue to ignore it?

Consider this vote my strongly annoyed opinion on the matter.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is a lot of signal for a day 1, I'm not really sure about what to do, but I'd vote for hats.

Gun to your head, who are your top 3 scum? Hats and?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

It's a holiday weekend with a lot of words. Nobody has posted about you outside of me and I will continue to bang the dram until this is addressed.

This isn't actually true. Several people have mentioned being wary of TMM this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Wait so is your vote on CC real, KB? Or just you being annoyed

Yeah, we are coming close to the end of the day, so I'll be a bit more free with my scum picks. I always think Keane is scum, so I have him lower on my list for later evaluation, but I had him as a lean scum on my spreadsheet. I think the way he was avoiding making any hard calls and not wanting to tie himself strongly to any reads was already scummy before he doubled down on it. I wouldn't have mentioned him today most likely if he hadn't annoyed me though.

He isn't my first choice, and now that he's posted his top list I'll come off for now.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I shouldn't have to do your work for you, but here is one very obvious example:

Truth Quark posted:

I would also go with MMT or TMM tbh, mostly because this exchange pinged me early on:

Its not much, but it just seemed like it was planned (to me).

Truth Quark posted:

Tanking, in any game, only works if the opponent has a reason to focus you over other targets. By telling the other team this, Tobbs' removed that reason. Its possible he said that on purpose because of some ability he has, or maybe it was just a dumb mistake. The only alignment relevant thing I can see is that scum have a reason to want to go into battle but not get targeted, so maybe Tobbs' is purposefully trying to avoid damage in combat so he can dish out maximum hurt to the Glorious Mexican Army without getting killed himself. There's too many other possibilities though, so I'm just gonna keep an eye on him for now.

I'm more suspicious of people who have been actively buddying up this game, like MMT/TMM in the beginning, or Quid and Hal later on in the thread. As little content as you generally get D1, that kind of behavior stands out to me because it sets other players up to have a blind spot towards you later in the game.

Truth Quark posted:

I can see TMM too tbh, he has been coming into the thread, dropping a big effort post, then peacing out with no follow up. He also hasn't voted yet in any of said effort posts except for joke votes early on. Example:

Lots of "I feel" with little or no follow up or reasoning. He also caught PMush in a weird "reading the other thread" thing, which while I agree with it, it means he *is* reading this thread somewhat closely but is still posting very little.

TQ has been banging the drum for TMM off and on all game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Sidenote: I think anyone calling people out for 'slipping under the radar' on day 1 over NYE weekend is faking content.

Eh, disagree. Like yeah, Holiday weekend and I've also been giving people a lot of slack. But this day has been going for 3 and a half days at this point and we have left the holiday behind. At a certain point the slack disappears.

Fair amount of folks have posted just enough to skirt the lurker rules:

The Lord of Hats 12
Hal Incandenza 11
Max Peck 11
Anomalous Amalgam 10
SalTheBard 10
Flying Leatherman 9
IllegallySober 6

Some of these, I'm feeling much better about now, like FL, he seems to be very engaged now that he's back. And Peck seems to be doing well for a first mafia game, But IS for example has a whole lot of nothing and I know that Hats can do better than he's giving us.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

PMush Perfect (5): Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Moatillata, Your Personal Muse, Tobbs Gnawed
Gamerofthegame (3): Murmur Twin, Max Peck, Monathin, Monathin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Monathin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Kashuno (3): Truth Quark, chaoslord, Max Peck, TMMadman, 50 pounds of bread, chaoslord, 50 pounds of bread, Max Peck, Slaan, Truth Quark, TMMadman, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu, Slaan, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (2): chaoslord, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Tobbs Gnawed
Slaan (2): 50 pounds of bread, Gamerofthegame, Truth Quark, Gamerofthegame, 50 pounds of bread, Truth Quark, GeneX, Flying Leatherman
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Monathin, Quidthulhu, Gamerofthegame, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Monathin
50 pounds of bread (1): Slaan, Slaan, Tobbs Gnawed, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
The Lord of Hats (0): GeneX, GeneX
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Truth Quark (0): GeneX, GeneX
GeneX (0): OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
OMGVBFLOL (0): GeneX, GeneX
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Murmur Twin (0): TMMadman, chaoslord, chaoslord, TMMadman

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, SalTheBard, Slaan, TMMadman :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 2 minutes.

:cheers: First day back to work means no extra flavor today, but one last reminder - all Day ability usage MUST be entered into your character sheet BEFORE your thread hammers for it to count! :cheers:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What is this, really? "Oh hey, I see you're reading the other thread, so am I!" It's not necessarily scummy as I've been trying to keep up with them as well, but it sort of looks like he's calling out PMush for something he himself is doing, which I think he'd realize if he was sharing a genuine opinion here.

The point of this I can see very easily since it is the same reason I am suspect of both her and Gamer. They both were treating the other thread like their home thread in their mind. They seem like slips. Gamer's version of responding to said slip was also super bad. Pmush ignored hers and just did other bad things. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I feel that it's a very reasonable and real concern. I don't mind being wrong about a lynch, but I absolutely want to be cautious about the lynch as well. Scum want town to make rushed and bad decisions and I will always fight against it.

So when a bunch of people suddenly start piling on the two seemingly most popular lynch targets, I am almost always going to urge caution regardless of whether or not I think those targets are scum.

Think about it this way: if both gamer and PMush are scum then why hasn't there been any kind of effort to move the targets from them? It often doesn't take that much towards the end of the day. If they are both town then scum can either pile on or stay off it fairly easily. And if only one of them is scum, then are all the other scum saying that person is scum but voting someone else? Or are they throwing some bussing out there and hoping the vote moves away for some reason?

I dunno, if I'm scum with pmush at this point I'd have written her off and be bussing like crazy.

Gamer seems to actually have quite a few people saying they think he is town/don't understand the vote, could be scum buddies trying to defend/move the vote.

You and your flip, MMT, always have this kind of reaction to momentum and sometimes it is a correct feeling, but sometimes you just are missing subtle nuances like the above.

I'm not sure which this is yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

Are we allowed to post in the other thread? That seems really unusual.

No. That's my point. Responding to things in that thread, in this thread, as if they'd happened here, is weird. When Gamer did it he even tried to excuse it away as if that wasn't what happened and his excuse was bad.

Posting in the other thread is grounds for mod punishment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Gamer and PMush could both be town, both be scum, or just one of them could be scum. They're both up there because, regardless of alignment, their play has been scummy.

We're 6 hours from deadline in a 25-player game where the most votes anyone has had at one time is five (I think). We are, as a group, hesitating to put players at -7. That doesn't suggest to me that the lynch candidates are scum pushes. They certainly could be, but nobody has had a ton of heat on them this entire game day.

Were I scum, I'd be terrified of quasi-immortal confirmed town KB. That's part of why I'm looking more closely at players who are being overly cautious, in addition to the players being outright scummy.

Yeah, also this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to step away again for a bit and let things play out, but I'd like the final votes to consolidate on Pmush, Gamer, and Slaan if possible.

Those are the three I'm most interested in seeing on the chopping block. Feel free to be on your favorite candidate of those for now rather than what you think is the consensus.

Feel free to push to cuddle at any point though. Don't feel you need to wait up as long as it is one of those three.

I'm submitting my battle line now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I've had a scum read on Gamer for most of the game. He's still my top pick.

I think that PMush is, on paper, pretty scummy. The only part where I hesitate is that if she were town telling the truth about phone / no internet, she would be the easiest person for scum to try and drive a mislynch on. That said, if she were executed today I think there's a fine % chance that she's scum.

I've had a town read on Slaan for most of the game but will re-read him to see if there's something I'm missing.

Also I was going to case Keane before I saw KB's post but that can wait, I guess. I'm going to give those three another re-read and see if anything sticks out.

Oh yeah, btw, feel free to still case other people as you want/etc. I don't want to discourage those thoughts being out there. I'd just like the actual votes to consolidate. And for those that haven't already formed thoughts on those 3, I want that to happen and a vote to come down.

I'm interested in seeing the Keane case, for example, I'd just rather he not get voted out today.

Also, to even things out a bit on the lead up to the cuddle, I'll park here for now.

##vote Gamer

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok. Phone posting, but other thread is done. Let's get to battle.

##vote pmush

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:f5:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Uh, that happened really fast.

Keep in mind I was asking for the hammer at that point. People just listened. It happened only slightly faster than I expected/hoped.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Here is why:

-Drawing out the hammer maximizes discussion and forces additional opinions to be laid out/challenged

-KB is confirmed town but isn't infallible, following his lead strongly and encouraging the thread to follow his lead can discourage dissension and can also mean that scum need to fool KB instead of the entire town.

-Day abilities are no longer viable - this can go either way, obviously, but I am inclined to think this hurts town abilities more than scum abilities. (This is a weaker point.)

This is all completely correct.

Having said that, that is why I stayed out of it for most of the day and why most likely I'll do so again for most of day 2. I'm pretty sure we'd gotten just about everything useful out of this day phase. And I warned people to get their day actions in like a full day ago with the potential of an early.

Also, I was excited to get to a battle phase. :)

But fwiw, I'll be aiming for a slightly early cuddle on every day phase if possible. The consequences of a missed cuddle are way to great to let things go to the last moment and risk a no cuddle.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pmush, thanks so much for your effort. ;)

Thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What's really funny, is I thought long and hard about going into battle day 1 too. I didn't out of respect for the work Pod put into the game in case I was wrong about how unstoppable I am and I somehow got killed in the first combat. Bif apparently doesn't have the same qualms. :)

It would have been epic. Who knows. It still could be. ;)

We are pretty badass.

Bif undoubtedly has ways to make this less risky for her, like I do. But I feel like if we aren't taking the opportunity to do what we can to Bif, what are we fighting for?

So priorities. If you have some kind of Stun/Demoralize/Frighten, I recommend it. If you have some kind of defense, I recommend it. Outside of that if you can do something to Bif, please do. If you can't, everyone else is up for grabs. AEs are a super plus.

In terms of our own line, if all you can do is informational, feel free to use your own judgement.

• Locked thread