Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Korra is my favorite show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Everyone should watch The Deuce.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like Star Trek Discovery mostly settled in from what I heard and the people who don't like Star Wars are just plain wrong, though

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What's it like in your backwards reality

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You bastard, how dare you besmirch John Michael Higgins

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's really goddamn weird to assume someone's a creep because you find their character grating on a loving TV show.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guy Mann posted:

Man who dedicated his life to whining about the stereotypes surrounding Indian men winds up perpetrating the worst stereotype of all by being a rapist.

Jesus gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently the new American Crime Story is good, thank gently caress.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The last season of American Crime Story was loving stellar and you all need to watch it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lurdiak posted:

Chris Pratt played a pretty decent douchey coworker in Wanted. It was pretty much his character with parks and rec if he was a misogynist frat boy and said "bro" a lot, but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mmuQteX1qA

If you want an example of a male actor I consider to have no range, there's George Clooney. Although as far as I'm aware no one's yet tried to make a film where George Clooney plays multiple characters.

I wouldn't say Clooney has no range, he's an amazing comedic actor.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd like to see a show that consists of several 3-6 episode arcs over a season.

Let me introduce you to a little show called Agents of SHIELD...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd say it stays interesting, they definitely don't overplay the action (can't even remember if the second episode has an action scene).

But I've only watched two more than you have.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I agree with the AV Club's take on Altered Carbon, which is that it's too confused to be offensive.

Still like it though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol ok

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you're talking about VRV, it's pretty good, I just have no idea how profitable they can possibly be considering the number of different services consolidated under its roof.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhsFEgsI5U

Michael Shannon and MBJ? Sign me the gently caress up

That dialogue though, woof.

e: before I come off as an rear end in a top hat I assume that's not poo poo lifted directly from the book, because I do not remember a word of it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's Guy Mann, he sucks

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I keep thinking that series has already wrapped and they keep making new casting announcements.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tomorrow's International Women's Day, that's why it's Thursday

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

Also they've only seen the first five episodes so

Yeah saying they stretch out the episode count without even having seen most of the episodes is kind of baffling.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really don't get complaints so far that JJ season 2 is too slow in the episodes screened for critics.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

Literally nothing has ever surprised me less.

Hey dude I really don't wanna have this conversation again but if you're going to continue to passive-aggressively mock me for liking a show, especially when you haven't even seen the season I'm talking about, kindly consider loving off instead

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JJ,,,,, is good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't like how the new season of Jessica Jones ends very much at all and it's kind of soured me on the prospect of a third season even if the rest was generally fine-to-good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

How’s that work

NBC changed its mind

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm 23. 'Sup olds.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Walking Dead

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PostNouveau posted:

Didn't they have like 5 in the works?

Plus that "Confederacy" show from the GoT creators that's sure to be a shitshow.

Confederate got benched

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, this year's [adult swim] April Fool's joke is premiering FLCL season 2 in place of the rest of Toonami... in subbed Japanese. Everything, including the logo and interstitials, are all in Japanese.

e: Actually, it was the first episode of Season 3, which is even better.

Arist fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 1, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just watched the first episode of Ugly Delicious and that show seems great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

Been rewatching Westworld season 1. It turns out it doesn’t really make any more sense when you already know what’s coming.

That's a shame. Someone go back and take that show off my #10 slot for the 2016 rankings because that was part of my justification for including it at all. I really just liked the payoff, but the journey was loving exhaustingly incomprehensible. gently caress, man, whenever I have no idea what a running plotline has to do with a show's main thematic or narrative arcs and no idea whatsoever where it's going, I now say that show is "Westworlding," because WW had that problem with most of its plots.

Hope Season 2 is at least okay.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GreenNight posted:

Show made sense to me and I greatly enjoyed the journey.

The running flashback plotline with James Marsden that revealed Dolores is Wyatt had a great payoff but made zero goddamn sense in the moment.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't read the thread either but the theory that turned out to be right was kinda inescapable.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

I bailed on the WW thread after like 3 episodes. One can only put up with so much rape chat.

I was mercifully not aware of this and now I hate you

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

SCD is good so far but I cannot watch it while I eat

I would eat while watching Hannibal, you're just a coward

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not talking about the cannibalism parts, I'm talking about the buzzsaw-to-the-head/human totem pole parts

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like when Martin Freeman tries because sometimes it's charmingly quaint (Fargo) and most of the time it's just hilariously obvious (Black Panther).

It's actually both of those in both of those cases.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh no, R. Lee Ermey's dead :(

e: beaten

Arist fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 16, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

American Vandal was amazing but I have no enthusiasm for a second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bad.

But also I just don't want to watch them try to just do the same thing again.