Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Epicurius posted:

Bruce is smart

Unless the blood transfusion gave him the proportionate intelligence of a spider-man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I think Morlun discarded the brain damage theory too quickly.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Hulking out used to be triggered by rage. Now, thanks to the blood transfusion, it's triggered by ineffectiveness and failure.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm sure somewhere a journalist must have a bigger scoop than "a couple of green people fight each other but stop before anything of consequence happens", but I can't think what it would be

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Scoop: Spiderman's weakness is three or more alligators.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If Connors and Banner can keep their mouths shut, the whole thing will be blamed on the other reporters who originally left JJJ for dead

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

good job fisto.

Looks like we have a new crimefighting duo worthy of NSM.

Next: Jimmy Woo needs a blood transfusion

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Spiderman would probably be a more effective superhero if he had some kind of ability to sense danger. It's a pity he doesn't.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They call me Iron Fist because of my iron fist which is also called Iron Fist

*fights by kicking someone on the head*

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's strip, where the doctor spins round and hits Spiderman on the head with that tray.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Shut up Spidey, it was a white lie because he doesn't want to work with you.

Anyway, how does he know about Iron Fist's partners? Three weeks Five minutes ago he had no idea who the guy was.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

normally nsm teams up with vastly superior heroes who do all the work, like mole man, jjj or his wife driving a truck. but now, i fear that nsm has finally met his match.

I have high hopes for the new super-crimefighter, Unnamed Doctor With Tray

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

uPen posted:

I was gonna say you're not a reporter you just take pictures but I forgot he had been made a deputy reporter for this arc.

He hasn't even taken a picture of Iron Fist.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Peter: hey have you heard of iron fist?
Martial Arts Woman: no go away
Peter: OK
MAW: dammit you... called my bluff or something.

The martial arts training probably involves being hit on the head with bricks

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"Also he's Spiderman, but that's less important than that he's married to an actress"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"You got tricked into visiting my base, stumbled around, got knocked out without achieving anything and now you have no idea what's going on. You must be Spider-man!"

"drat, I blew my cover"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Well, someone has to be and it's not likely to be Spider-Man.

Not likely to be Iron Fist either

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

I thought the whole point of Kingpin, in fact the reason that's his name, that he already directly or indirectly controls all the gangs in Nee York

This is Newspaper Kingpin, cut him some slack

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I imagine the next stage in the plan is to blow up the theatre, dropping thousands of bricks on everyone. Spiderman is doomed.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, but if it failed, it would've hit someone in the head, thus removing one (1) spider-man from the picture, thus raising the odds for the next canister to succeed!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's personally written by Stan Lee, using plot ideas taken from this thread.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Really the hologram wasn't used for anything apart from gloating. They could have just sent some text messages.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

He's going to call the fire brigade to catch him in a net when he falls.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

His fist doesn't obey the western laws of physics but he forgot that the rest of him does

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

So the plan was to punch the helicopter hard enough that it couldn't fly any more, but not so hard that it fell out of the sky?

I guess that's what happens when NSM and NIF team up.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

evilmiera posted:

Wait a sec aren't there still police and suspects in the theater?

It's okay, they're not dead, they're just hibernating

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Colleen and Suwan will show up and lob some bricks into the fight. Kingpin has been learning to fight like Spider-Man, so he'll take a brick to the head and be knocked out instantly.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What kind of name is Mac Killgrave?

The sort of name bad drivers can tell is yours by looking at you.

Or does the driver already know who he is? Or is he just guessing? Internet suggests he's not actually called Mac, but they changed Mole Man's name so who knows.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It starts raining. The purple liquid washes off and he loses his power.

Peter continues to watch TV.

Next: Sabertooth

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

This is Newspaper Luke Cage. It's worth trying to shoot him in case he forgot to be bulletproof.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

So is Purple Man planning to kill Spiderman, control him for the rest of his life or just relying on him forgetting where this apartment is?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mikl posted:

Reminder: Purple Man already knows he can't make someone kill against their will, he's been through this with Cage (he couldn't force him to kill Spider-Man).

It might depend on how weak-minded the person he's controlling is.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Why is the armoury storing a canister of gas that gives one specific person mind control powers?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, killgrave could just take the sheet off. it isn't secured in any way.

Killgrave has two powers:
1) Mind-control voice
2) Removing sheets

The sheet blocks both powers.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

This is actually Spider-man's cunning plan to trick MJ into letting them fight.

It'll be the best idea he ever had, until he trips over Killgrave and rips open the hibernation blanket.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I guess the strip only stuck around because Stan Lee liked it.

It's nice to see how little has changed. In panels 1 and 2 his spider sense is warning him but by panel 3 he's forgotten.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 10, 2019

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Does MJ know at this point that Peter is secretly a Spider Man?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I like how Kingpin's plan relies on Spiderman being incredibly stupid. It's a plan with no drawbacks.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Stahlgeist posted:

So this giant screen that the underlings use to covertly communicate with the Kingpin is in immediate reach of (and probably also visible and audible from) the front door.

Love this comic.

Kingpin is in prison reading a book. The one on the screen must be an imposter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Doc Ock seems to be faking it for some stupid plan, but Mole Man seemed totally sincere about it. I was legit annoyed when they pulled some bullshit to cancel the wedding.