Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

peter. peter, honey. your web shooters are on your wrists. if you carry him with both hands, all you can do is hop like a bunny.
Excuse me, he's hopping with the proportional abilities of a jumping spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Only if the hospital is named Metro and not Miami Metro, which is not necessarily the case.

(the only actual IRL one with that name was Metropolitan Hospital in Miami so it would be right but that closed in 2014 apparently, thanks Google.)
I thought they meant Miami's Metro, which to my surprise does actually exist. That's when they're going to find out Hulk tearing Bruce's pants caused all his loose change to fall out, so they'll just have to keep running up busy streets.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Obviously Spider-man needs spider blood.
If he's weak, listen bud, he needs radioactive blood.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

There are hardcover trades of the 70s and 80s. Marvel needs to pick up the pace, or this arc won't be in hardcover until 2025.
This arc might not be over until 2025, so that might not be a problem.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They know about it, it was deliberately disconnected from the multiverse by that one dude to preserve it
And they (briefly) followed the deal with Mephesto thing with Pete and MJ's marriage. Has the 616 get around to undoing that yet?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Doctor is now a burnette, and that's not nice Peter.
Nice jean jacket, Doc.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"Neither of them is moving! Oh wait, my mistake, they're actively sitting up."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MissEchelon posted:

SPIDER
PETER

a lot of the same letters actually if you think about it
"No no, I said my husband's name was 'Pedir'."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Nurse: Mr. Jameson? I have shocking news, your photographer Peter Parker is-
JJJ: Lazy? Don't I know it! Stop wasting my time, I have newspapers to publish!
Bring me pictures! Pictures of Peter, man!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Haifisch posted:

His pants are purple, and his scales are greener than the last time he showed up in NSM. What else could you want???
Hulk's Moe Howard haircut :colbert:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

surprise, surprise. webman forgets he can shot web. again.
Oh man, it's been so long. Hello old friend.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Proteus Jones posted:

maybe it will be like a tarantula and he'll be able to fire the stubble as a defense mechanism.
If it's like a tarantula it'll only be his rear end hair.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

davidspackage posted:

Bruce Jenner does sound a lot like Bruce Banner...
It does have a lot of the same letters...

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Faithless loving Fool.

And I was sure they'd forgotten about that Jameson plotline. This strip continues to... amaze. Oh I get it!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

He can read our minds!
A human lizard, sure, but a human lizard with a TAIL, you know something's up.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

And thanks to the colorist, Bruce has that log shoved in his pants even without editing.
Also some kind of weird forehead hair fin.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

He's not joking, folks!

So a bit late for this but have they considered just... leaving? Neither alligators nor pythons are known for their pursuit abilities. I know Spider-Man feels all duty-bound to stop The Lizard, but dude, just fall back and call Rocket or something.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

bunnyofdoom posted:

Now do it as Chinatown
Forget it, bunnyofdoom.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

mind the walrus posted:

Peter he is a semi-feral lizardman why the gently caress would you expect him to understand and adhere to the standards of chivalry?
I mean, he's pretty drat eloquent in this incarnation.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

evilmiera posted:

What the hell is up with Connor's ...everything? He looks like he's from an entirely different strip.
Kinda getting a Conan O'Brien vibe from his head.

Not so much the one-armed ripped torso.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I do appreciate the two different shades of purple pants, colorist your sudden competence has not gone unnoticed.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

It's amazing how chummy they are now after the whole "we let you to die" thing.
Their shared love of mustard-colored clothing can overcome any obstacle.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Holy poo poo, it's Elvis!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well, that was a quick arc. What's up next?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"If you stake me to a cup of coffee", what the hell?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

He thinks becoming Batman is the way to up his street cred that was ruined by Netflix.
Worked for Green Arrow.

Synthbuttrange posted:

The amazing cheapskate
Weekday colorist continuing the facial hair wars by literally giving the cabbie half a mustache.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ah, must be a team up.
How is that shadow on the building climbing panel supposed to work?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also his shooters are still broken from when they got crushed, not that anyone remembered. :v:
He probably just plunked his Spidey suit out on the traytable and fixed them on the flight back from Miami.

Proteus Jones posted:

I’ll admit, I’m curious as to what the Eastern laws of physics are.
Schrodinger's Beard

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Spider-Man, you literally just punched the fist of a guy named Iron Fist.... :cripes:
You know he's forgotten the guy's name already. There'll be at least one more introduction strip.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

uPen posted:

I want to imagine someone opening their paper to the funnies and seeing this pair of panels with no context.
And under the heading Spider-Man no less.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

You already had your teamup fight!
You know they don't remember that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He'll make drawings! Drawings of Iron Fist!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hostile V posted:

Reboot the thread and all of Newspaper Spider Man so that he's now played by Tom Holland and Aunt May is younger and hotter and we get to see him go from sassy teen crimefighter to the erratic ditherer we know and love through years of repeated concussions and brain damage.
Maybe hot Aunt May could lure in all those disgruntled old Nancy readers upset that the new artist doesn't draw Aunt Fritzi or whatever her name is as a pin-up.

Anyway guess which surprising current NSM character is in Aunt Man and the Wasp? Apparently those jokes about continuous movie tie-ins weren't so far off.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember if the strip has been happening during the night or at day, but I'd like to think Jonah is hanging out in that bar regardless.
Well Pete took an explicitly-stated red-eye flight from Florida to New York, went straight from the airport to the Bugle, then to the hospital, had his team-up fight, then back to the Bugle, so I figure it's between 7-9 AM.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Is it random bald thug?
Yep!

Oh yeah, I guess he's there too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"...and in conclusion, Iron Fist is definitely not Danny Rand. Thank you for reading my article. Love Peter."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The artist clearly has no idea how people hold smartphones. Every time anyone's using one it's either just balancing on the tip of their fingers or at some MC Escher angle to their head.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Peter deals with feels bad
Clean your drat walls Peter. You especially should be aware of this, what with crawling all over them and everything.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

great job weekday colorist
WING
MARTIAL
ARTSSTUDIC

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Alhazred posted:

Why is his spider-sense going off in the office?
He ate some bad chow mein while he was down on Crouching Dragon St.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Kurui Reiten posted:

I like that his half-mask illusion covers his entire nose, but still cuts off halfway across the rest of his face.

He imagines his nose is more Spider-Man-esque than the rest of his face, I guess.

Escobarbarian posted:

His Spider-sense lets him sniff out danger!
Spider-Nose, Spider-Nose
Knows whatever a spider knows